Meet Mighty No. 9! A.k.a. Mega Man's re-incarnation

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meet Mighty No. 9! A.k.a. Mega Man's re-incarnation

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:43 am

I'm surprised people are still talking about this game.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:02 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:I'm surprised people are still talking about this game.
How could they not?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:18 am

GTA V is out, Beyond Two Souls is coming out soon, still waiting on two more Final Fantasy games, ect.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:20 am

You have to take into account the Megaman fans.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:24 am

I think what I really have to take into account is that Mega-Man fans think far too highly of the Mega-Man games. Nostalgic indeed, but I never found them to be anything all that special. There was never much too these games that meets the eye.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:57 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:I think what I really have to take into account is that Mega-Man fans think far too highly of the Mega-Man games.  Nostalgic indeed, but I never found them to be anything all that special.  There was never much too these games that meets the eye.
thats an opinion firstly
secondly if you dont like megaman then why are you in this thread
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:26 am

You guys keep bringing it up and the ones I'm interested in most never get enough traffic.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:You guys keep bringing it up and the ones I'm interested in most never get enough traffic.
Believe me when I say I know your pain.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:GTA V is out, Beyond Two Souls is coming out soon, still waiting on two more Final Fantasy games, ect.
There's a lot of people, like me, who could give two shits about any of those games. 

Mega Man is sick!
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Beyond does look exceptionally bad. and ff has been bad for a while now. this looks awesome.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm

The comment about MM fans is true for pretty much any dedicated fanbase lol

But I've been trying to get into the series ever since I realized how deep the series is.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:59 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Beyond does look exceptionally bad. and ff has been bad for a while now. this looks awesome.
I had to give you a down vote on that one because, Beyond Two Souls looks brilliant.  And, anyone who is anyone should get Beyond.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 pm

multiple hands on and by that i mean every single one i have read said its awful and i really have to agree.  nobody can place it. maybe its the shitty gameplay the trippy story or both but its awful from what we have seen. Nobody should get beyond so maybe david caige can realise games aren't movies.

as proof that caige is in the wrong medium he has made a Beyond Iphone app. that turns the game into a ONE BUTTON GAME! it requires as much brain cells...no less brain cells to play Beyond than to play ANGRY FRICKEN BIRDS! amazing my ass.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Not that I mean to bring this thread into even more off-topic territory, but I was interested in Beyond until all of the military and pseudo-Iran infiltration stuff showed up. That tone shift from previous gameplay really turned me off. And the fact that I'm nowhere near as interested in the story as Heavy Rain doesn't help at all. Not that the game is actually bad, but it's just not for me. I am interested in the sorcery game that QuanticDream is apparently cooking up.

Back on-topic, I love Mighty No. 9's main theme.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 pm

I highly disagree, the storytelling is amazing, the gameplay intuitive and the characters feel real. As for the app, of you choose to download the and play it like that wouldn't that be your fault for turning the game in to one button game? Instead of using it for its intended purpose of co-op gameplay between Jodie and Aiden. People should buy this game, everything David Cage has made so far has been nothing short of a masterpiece.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Not picking up Beyond BECAUSE of David Caige. Soon as that guy touches a script the whole game just goes to shit. Happened with Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. 

The entire plot of Indigo Prophecy just dies at like 47% into the game. From there on, it's shit.

Heavy Rain just lies to you through the whole damn game and things go to shit really fast.

Beyond looks worse than how they initially showed it off. I mean, seriously, the graphics took a dump after the first couple of reveals and I sure bet Caige is gonna jack something up in the plot to the point where I'm just gonna cringe at the story for most of the game. 

There's my two cents. 

Compare these to Mega Man/Mighty No. 9: simple story, fun and challenging gameplay, basically MEGAMAN!!!. SOLD!

EDIT: Sorry. I've been a little pissed lately.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Ech... that's the thing about Mega Man games, they're too simple for me to enjoy.  Overall I find them too easy because how simple everything is.  I don't find challenge in this.  Playing simple games like Mega Man takes no though really, and I like playing a game that makes me think.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:35 pm

so far the storytelling has been extremely weak, predictable and generic. seen it all before (Of course prerelease so it could improve but not holding my breath.) The game play is the Remote control batarang with some added twists and Heavy Rains QTE. Speaking of QTE thats all Heavy Rain was and Combined with often Horrible voice acting (JAAAASSSOOOOONNNNN) its just a bad game and i feel thats come to light as its aged. thats all caige has done and its hardly a masterpiece. alls its good for is the running joke that me and my friends have about one of them getting spoiled about it just before i did it. again its QTEs one of the most HATED Gamedevelopment Tropes around. Ryse is doing it too we all know how bad that game looks.  as for the app, the fact it exists is enough reason to boycott, no self respecting dev would do that. (Hence why ea and microsoft are the only other two who are.)

also you just called mega man simple. all of the arguments you could ever have are no invalid. let me guess you find the original Ninja Gaiden a cake walk too?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:43 pm

I don't get your arguments because Heavy Rain was a brilliant game that rightfully won Game of the Year 2011.  Maybe this hate comes from people that are fans of Nintendo products and Steam products which are focused around gameplay.  While story driven games are thrown under the carpet because you can't run freely.  These games that QTE are brilliant pieces of work and they need to keep making more games with the passion that they have for their previous ones.  These are highly emotional games that the player has to invest their time into.  I'm sorry you're not willing to invest time into this masterpiece.  Also, it has this guy.  Other than the, I find your accusation of QTE games being bad completely bases because the base for this seems to be, "I don't creative freedom."
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Skyrim unanimously won in '11. As in FAMITSU, a Japanese magazine, gave it FOUR perfect scores. Uncharted 3 was a distant second, and I dont recall more than maybe three groups voting for Heavy Rain. Not to insult the game as I've heard good things from most people.

That said, let's drag this back on topic. I have opinions about Beyond too but I'll leave them to a/the Beyond thread. This game looks fun for its target audience, as does that one.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:58 pm

it did no such thing. you know what came out in 2010 (When it came out not 2011. cause that was the year of Skyrim with some Uc3) Batman Arkham Asylum, Read Dead Redemption Mass Effect 2 Starcraft 2 Mario Galaxy 2. These games swept the awards. Mainly Red Dead. and yes i enjoy Gameplay focused games or rather games that find a good balance. thats kinda why they are called games. if i wanted to be taken along for a ride i'd watch a movie/show or read something (Novels comic manga.). when i play a story driven game (EG Metal Gear or Uncharted hell Infamous which IMO has a better plot than Uncharted for miles.) i want it to be fun. Heavy rain is not fun. QTE are not fun. the work when used sparingly like in RE4 or GoW but even then its intrusive. i also find the fact that the trope that screams "I'M OUT OF IDEAS!" Creative. You know what was creative. MegaMan. the game you hated on in this thread. that game defined a genre where as Heavy Rain didn't even have the best story of its year (Red Dead ARkham AND Mass Effect. Far superior in EVERY possible way.)

on Mighty......i have heard that theme before. 

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:00 pm

My bad it was 2010.  Heavy Rain didn't win the big Game of the Year, but it won majority of the smaller Game of the Years.  But, this is one of those moments where Game of the Year holds little weight when deserving games don't win it.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:03 pm

QTE works when used very little in a game. As in like once for effect near the end of the game. But Walking Dead did it effectively too so it can work any way really; it all depends on the developer.

...goddammit.

Back on Mighty. Heavy Rain GotY discussion can go in the correct thread.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:04 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:on Mighty......i have heard that theme before. 
Hm... I prefer Mighty No. 9's version then, even though they are technically on different scales and tones and have somewhat different beats and a slightly different main riff... 

You know, if you really think about it they aren't actually songs. Just jumbled up tones to make a sequence... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:07 pm

DP wrote:QTE works when used very little in a game. As in like once for effect near the end of the game. But Walking Dead did it effectively too so it can work any way really; it all depends on the developer.

I think that Quntic nailed it spot on, bringing depth to the game matched by none other.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top