There won’t be a Wii U Ambassador program

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There won’t be a Wii U Ambassador program

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:35 am

Smash is the only system seller to YOU. Much of the Nintendo fanbase and semi-fanbase (of which I am one) is mostly waiting for the big titles, and the quantity of them. Just like the Sony base waited until the PS3 was worth it. (Although a lot of them jumped ship, which Nintendo didn't really have to worry about since everyone did that 15 years ago.) Nintendo has many more than 4 million fans, and we all know it. Once we get the titles we're looking for, the sales will even out so that the U breaks even.

And while I'm here, if you ever dare accuse me of blindly defending Nintendo again, I WILL abuse my power. I will not stand by while one person consistently favors one side and attacks the other sides, going so far as to accuse those that dispute his opinion of blind fanboyism. If you are going to empirically attack the U, then do so with the Vita too; as much as i've been rooting for it, I won't sit here and say it is fine by comparison to the U. If you blindly attacked the Vita, I'd make the same arguments I do for the U.

At this point, we all know your opinion on Nintendo, and your bashing of it is almost reaching Noc tier. I didn't want to ban him and I don't want to ban you. It might be advisable if you either shy from subjects in which you have no interest, or if you watch what you say in the midst of these debates. I allow them to continue and participate in them because they tend to reach a middle ground where both sides learn something. If this is the next step, I will end them now; and the next person that were to bring them up without respect would end up like Noc.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:39 am

Wow angry dp. He's been mia a while.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am

and what did we learn today NEVER go full Noc
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 am

Kudos given. I'm sorry that was golden dragon. 

hey dp there we go we learned something! So no need to swing your banhammer like a drunk Thor playing wack a mole.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:44 am

At least Anaconda is a cooler person. I wasnt much a fan of Noc. I can debate with the former and have fun; the latter, not so much.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:47 am

Like I said, I know when to back down.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 am

i agree i just couldnt resist the tropic thunder refrence
i actually think anaconda is a cool guy though hes a bit biased against nintendo
we all have our biases too even though we try to hide them
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 am

Yeah some How I Don't get angry with anaconda. You can't have a page of discussion using only jontron gifs and ever frown at said person.  Noc....I hate him so much. It felt personal after a while. Jeez he was an idiot. I'm allowed trash talk him publicly right. Not like I ever made my feelings private.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 am

He never came back after the ban, so I assume he was trolling at that point. Coincidentally Anaconda joined the same day right after the ban so for a week he was on probation with Slayer and I. Once he turned out cool and not Noc, we moved on happily lol.

DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Let's get back on topic shall we? YAY 

My two cents are that, I agree that the Wii U doesn't need the Ambassador program, and that once the big titles start coming out the sales will increase. I'm one of those gamers who's waiting patiently for a new (not remade) Zelda game. Even though I haven't played skyward sword (alas, a cruel distaste with the controller) I will always support that gaming series, even if it means dishing out hard earned money for a Nintendo product (Nintendo isn't that bad.)

YAY Oh, and anything jrpg related is also on my radar when it comes to Nintendo. Heck, i got a Wii just for 3 games after all, so they just need to release the games that only Nintendo can do and things will smooth out.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Chaos is using smileys... And smiley smileys, while I'm at it. As he's actually participating actively in a conversation. Hell's frozen over, guys. 

lol What are your thoughts on Monolith Soft's upcoming X title, Chaos?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Wait a week for your answer, Count. derp
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Chaosdreams wrote:Let's get back on topic shall we? YAY 

My two cents are that, I agree that the Wii U doesn't need the Ambassador program, and that once the big titles start coming out the sales will increase. I'm one of those gamers who's waiting patiently for a new (not remade) Zelda game. Even though I haven't played skyward sword (alas, a cruel distaste with the controller) I will always support that gaming series, even if it means dishing out hard earned money for a Nintendo product (Nintendo isn't that bad.)

YAY Oh, and anything jrpg related is also on my radar when it comes to Nintendo. Heck, i got a Wii just for 3 games after all, so they just need to release the games that only Nintendo can do and things will smooth out.
I actually know a lot of people that say, "Wii U games at $60 a pop is too expensive."
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Who are you talking to? Because friends tend to have likeminded opinions, and that sounds like an expansion of your own views. Using non-Nintendo fans as an example in a Nintendo discussion wouldn't make much sense. Although I wouldn't disagree right now since most of the current U games are shit, since we are referring to the ones that should be worth $60, I had to bring this subject up.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Actually, to the contrary most of are Nintendo fans.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:51 pm

@Count, Monolith is <3 in my eyes, so it's one of the titles that will be the reason for my purchase of the Wii U. Since Xenosaga (a game that's shaped me in multiple ways) I was very happy when Xenoblade came to fruition. I have yet to finish it (lack of time) but the 20+ hours I put into it thus far have been great. I'm not one to poke at graphics, but it's less smooth than Xenosaga on the ps2, so I'll simply cross my fingers that the new Monolith game is a tad nicer in that retrospect.

@Pryo  raise  I guess it's been a week eh?

@Anaconda, when it comes to a price of any game, it's a matter of what it holds in the eyes of said gamer. I still remember paying $45 or lower for ps2 games and as a kid that was awesome. I'd save up for four months ($10 allowance) and then go get a game, it also meant since a child I've made sure I purchase what I want, the internet making it easier with time. So, getting back on point, $60 is a tad much, but some games make that price value look miniscule in comparison. It really comes down to the game itself. Will that game be a solid product, or will it feel empty and have dlc to make it complete? Will it be solid + dlc after for added value? It's really one of those arguments that will come down to personal opinion.

I think $60 is fine, and it should remain there and not rise. If it rises, then I'll purchase even less games. Dlc is one doubled sided avenue, if the price of games rises, it won't make anyone happy. But is $60 to high for a Nintendo game? No, they are equal in my eyes with Sony and Microsoft, so their games shouldn't = less in cost. For it to be less, shows that they themselves believe they are worth less than the competition. Their games aren't that bad either, well some are flops but that's the same everywhere else.

Now, some games might lack a lot of meat to their product and be fairly short. So, perhaps some games should be lower in price, but that's a realm of marketing and debate. What would be the line between a $60 game and one that's less in price, so on, so forth.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:45 am

Oh, in that case I stand corrected on that front. I'd still argue that it depends on the game whether it should be $60 or not. A good experience like Zelda vs. a horrible abortion like Game & Wario shows that well.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:52 am

Nintendo has the 2DS. Your move Sony and Microsoft
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger