[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 3 ]
17% 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Toy Game Discussion

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm

So as many of you probably know, the toy genre got a bit bigger a few days ago, with Pokemon Rumble U. So now I'm curious; which do you think has the best odds? Right now, Skylanders is probably the best off, since it's going into its third game, but how long can they CoD a multi-hundred dollar game before parents say no? Infinity has the best long-term plan, to me, as they know what they're doing a year from now, and even five, while Skylanders is sort of just winging it with New ideas each year. And then Pokemon has the by-far best brand recognition. If they release every of the ~800 Pokemon (as of Gen VI), it's easily the hardest to complete - and most expensive - but also the biggest upside of the three. However, there needs to be a bundle for that one to start taking off; no parent will buy a Wii U and throw another $100+ at the game. It's too big an investment.

So what do you guys think? I'm definitely curious as to how it will turn out, as the face of this genre will determine its outcome - whether it is a true genre or a fad.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Toy Game Discussion

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Disney Infinity. Ask any kid if they want this kind of game with made up characters they dont know or characters everybody knows and loves. Also I played Infinity, its much better than Skylanders. It has that Disney Charm, its fun to play, and you can tell the developers actually tried to make this a great game and not make it some cheap cash in. 

The game I want and think is gonna win this battle is Disney Infinity.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:34 pm

I think skylanders has too big of a following.  Whether or not the other games are better, i think it will stay on top.  Think of it like call of duty.  There are so many better shooters than call of duty and yet it always seems to win out
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:21 pm

I feel its even but the best game is easily infinity (the rumble franchise sucks ass.) That said although I feel their numbers will be even in most cases Japan will swing it for rumble u.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helvetica Standard on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:57 pm

I have no idea what are those, but I have a Pokédex with some kind of IR sensor for pokétoys up to Gen3 I believe. ._____.
Helvetica Standard
Staff
Staff

PSN : HelveticaStd

View user profile http://helvetica-standard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 pm

I gotta say. I bought Disney Infinity with my birthday money (And some of my own money I had on the side) and I've gotta say, I'm impressed. I bought the first Skylanders game wayyy back when it released, and I was not a fan. But Infinity? Wow, I mean, I was pretty darn impressed.

So far, I'm interested in getting pretty much all of the characters with the exception of Cars. And it feels like each character has enough uniqueness, and the figures are really nice, that it's worth the money I'm spending.

Also, the blind packaging on power discs. Why is everyone complaining about that? They made a use for doubles of the circle ones, they aren't necessary by any means. Heck, I feel like them being blindly packaged makes me want to buy them more. It's like trading cards, it'd be a pretty lame experience if you knew what you were getting (Which is why I avoid pre-built decks.) Also, there are common, uncommon (I believe), and rare. So they do have some collectability to them. I think they're nice.
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : Papermachei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:17 pm

And rumble? Wadda ya think comics? Personally I feel skylanders could be in trouble kids drop toys for shinier toys all the time and there are few brands bigger the. Disney and Pokemon. The one thing that hurts rumble is A it sucks and B its exclusivity. I think it would beat out infinity one on one regardless especially with the issues infinity had at launch (it corrupted ps3s.)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 pm

I don't think it would necessarily beat infinity. I want you to look at the Pokemon fanbase. Then I want you to look at the Disney fanbase. Both are worldwide, but Rumble U is like you said, exclusive, and it's Rumble. Even with that though, not every kid in the world knows pokemon, but I sure as heck guarantee tons of 'em know Mike and Sully. 

Really I think Disney, though I love pokemon to death, has the bigger IPs here. If they throw classic and modern, and even delve into their animated shows more, Disney would not only spark up kids, but their ENTIRE fanbase, and if they could do that, Gamefreak would really be at a loss with the whole toy game idea.
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 pm

Sure "not every kid knows Pokemon," but saying Monsters is more recognizable is completely false. A top-ten franchise in sales vs. two fairly popular Pixar movies. At the absolute worst, they're equal, and even that is an insult to the yellow rat.

I just had to say that. That doesnt represent my opinion on which wins, of course.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:40 pm

I dunno. A lot of kids from all over are born and bred on the anime. Besides cars and phineas and ferb a lot of these franchises would be unknown to kids. They came out when we would have been the target demographic if not earlier.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:56 pm

You're saying a lot. But Disney is far more mainstream. Disney has more money than gamefreak, they make more money from all sorts of different things, but overall, Disney has a bigger fan base, and that's a fact.

Also note that I said a mix of old and new. This game isn't a game made for kids alone. Playing it, I can see, it's also made for the fans. And Disney is one of the most mainstream fanbases in the animation world. It's a fricking empire. Gamefreak can't take down an empire, especially with how many fans have stabbed them in the back by hating everything new they put into pokemon.

Plus, Infinity is multi-platform. So that's a bonus. xD I love both, I don't favor one over the other. I'm just saying how I think things are.
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:38 am

If you compare DISNEY to Pokemon, it balances out more, though I'd say it's still only 60-40 in the former's favor. If you compare MONSTERS to Pokemon, it's not even a fair fight. THAT was my point. I would never even try to compare a company like Disney to the pokemon franchise. That's just stupid lol, even without Marvel and Star Wars
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am

Oh. xD Yeah, alright. Monsters to Pokemon, Pokemon wins. I just misunderstood, my fault.
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top