Nintendo News Day 28/08/13

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nintendo News Day 28/08/13

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:17 am

Maybe he just have no knowledge of the concept of marketing, what a standard actually is ect. Idk. Wow dp you dug really deep to argue that. I like it.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:51 am

The point is, the 3D should never be the focus of a system when it limits the hardware/peripherals.  It doesn't really matter gimmick Nintendo comes up with, as long as the software is there.  The platform will survive no matter how disappointing the hardware/peripheral itself is.  The 3DS can be proof of that, highly disappointing system with a 3D option for the most part that doesn't work.  But, sales great based square on its software.  A bit of the same with, Microsoft consoles too.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Well releasing an updated DS model couldn't happen on its own because then we have another Wii U situation. The 3D was a gimmicky choice, but looking at it historically, it makes total sense since 3D was projected to be a standard by now. That's coincidentally why I'm glad neither Sony nor MS focused on 4K, because at current and likely future prices, 4K will be just as dead in a few years.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:58 pm

I wouldn't say, "glasses free 3D is standard." Whild 3D has become standard, it isn't the kind of 3D that Nintendo is pushing on the 3DS. Also, I wouldn't say that "4K will die" since it has been the biggest hype since HD tv. Looking back at when HD first became available. The prices were outrageous for tv's and no one was buying them as opposed to those big ugly cancer boxes. HD tv eventually came out on top and SD for the most part has become anything except obsolete yet. Then Blu-Ray came along and were in the same situation, and as of this moment. Many people would say that Blu-Ray has beaten HD-DVD. After a couple of years, when 4K tv's start to become more affordable and more people have them. We'll see 4K become a main-stay in social media. Then when consoles like the PS5, or X-Box Two come out. We'll probably see the focus be on 4K resolution.

P.S: See what I did there with the X-Box Two? :P
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:13 pm

I never said it was a standard, merely that it was supposed to be according to every analyst. For every HD takeover there are three 3D bombs, it seems. Hence why I feel 4K will fall flat; 1080p is pretty much the peak of what people can develop for, in many major media forms. It'll become cheaper, natch, but it'll take way too long to truly take off. HD wasn't a thing before 2004ish (a year or so before it hit big), while 3D was for years before companies backed off it as the New thing. Likewise, 4K isn' all that new. I think by the time 4K can be profitable, the new curved TVs will be bigger, and VR gaming will be more popular as well, rendering 4K almost unnecessary from a gaming focus.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top