So what do you do when you screw up so badly that no one wants to see your text/face anymore, but you feel the pressing need to issue an apology that won't fix anything?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So what do you do when you screw up so badly that no one wants to see your text/face anymore, but you feel the pressing need to issue an apology that won't fix anything?

Post by Neß on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:43 am

Title
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what do you do when you screw up so badly that no one wants to see your text/face anymore, but you feel the pressing need to issue an apology that won't fix anything?

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:56 am

Well shit son. You have to deal with it, and by that I mean, you should seriously apologize. It doesn't matter that they don't wanna see you/text, because no matter what they say, an apology will make them feel a bit better. Not a whole lot left that you can do. Just send one apology, then give it some time before you do much else. 

Really, it depends on what you did to cause said person to hate you... You don't have to post it. Just... idk man. I've never been in that kind of situation yet in my life, but I guess I'd just try to keep my cool, apologize and just get the whole thing out of my system. Hopefully then it would have been enough time for the other person to have done so as well, which would then be the proper time to try to talk to each other...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So what do you do when you screw up so badly that no one wants to see your text/face anymore, but you feel the pressing need to issue an apology that won't fix anything?

Post by Thirty3Three on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:03 am

Pyro-Hem wrote:Well shit son. You have to deal with it, and by that I mean, you should seriously apologize. It doesn't matter that they don't wanna see you/text, because no matter what they say, an apology will make them feel a bit better. Not a whole lot left that you can do. Just send one apology, then give it some time before you do much else. 

Really, it depends on what you did to cause said person to hate you... You don't have to post it. Just... idk man. I've never been in that kind of situation yet in my life, but I guess I'd just try to keep my cool, apologize and just get the whole thing out of my system. Hopefully then it would have been enough time for the other person to have done so as well, which would then be the proper time to try to talk to each other...

This^

Make sure they know you seriously mean what you're saying through you're apology; make it genuine.

However, if they're still mad, give them space. Time heals. My old gf (I'm still getting over her) is just now beginning to speak to me again (rarely though) after 5 years of silence.

Don't worry dude! Whatever's meant to be, will happen. If you need anything, Inbox me! I can't promise that I'll answer right away, but I'll try my best!
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:09 am

Pyro pretty much got it down. However, I've been in a LOT of situations on older forums where I looked like a jerk and naive, in both justified and unjustified situations. I haven't gotten as far as to where a whole community or even the people I would talk to would genuinely hate me, but I know that I at least really felt like I screwed up and set a bad impression of myself. Which did cause me to leave a couple forums out of low self-esteem and constant guilt that built up over time.

However, you shouldn't do what I did. Take Triple Three and Pyro's advice of either giving them time or delivering an apology, which can't make things worse (at the very least). I'm sure that me, as well as other members on here, are more than willing to talk more. If you'd like, that is.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:36 am

I suggest murder. Just murder everyone. Works for me. Here borrow my serial killer name "Zodiac"

jokes aside like pyro said a sincere apology can make headway but after that you gotta give space which to put it bluntly often means your fucked anyway. If this person is a relative wounds will heal. If its a work colleague or some one you see regularly they may heal. If its a friend or girlfriend...not so much.  

Sorry if that's depressing but I don't butter up stuff.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:42 am

"Zodiac"
...Wow. Just wow.

But actually, lpool, I'd say that, barring girlfriends, those categories can be easily switched up. It really depends.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably just wait a bit before apologizing profusely and then see what happens.
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Pyro pretty much nailed it. So that.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top