The Puppeteer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Puppeteer

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 am

I don't see a topic for this game so i'm going to create it!  If there's any game i'm excited for this fall, it's The Puppeteer!  It's a platforming puzzle game wrapped in a twisted fairy tale.  Though it may look similar to LBP, those who have had the chance to play it have been saying its an entirely different beast.

The story is told in this video below:

As stated in the video above, Kutaro's head is knocked clean off near the beginning of the game and he has to use various replacement heads that he finds in the world.  There are around 100 different heads, each one having its own special ability.  You can keep 3 with you at a time and switch between them on the fly.

There is also co-op but it doesn't work as you would think.  Player 2 plays as a flying ghost cat named Ying-Yang who can help Kutaro with certain tasks.  He is unable to die but is also unable to do certain things.  If player 2 stops controlling him, he goes back to being computer controlled.  Think of him like tails in Sonic 2.

If you pre-order from gamestop, you will receive "The Theatrical Pack".  This pack includes the Puppeteer Original Soundtrack, 3 exclusive psn avatars, and a custom dynamic theme.

The game will feature 7 acts and will sell at a discounted price of $40.  It drops on Sept 10.
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Puppeteer

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:51 am

oh nice! that was actually a lot of info I didn't know about the game til now. Yes, from the 1-2 trailers I had seen before hand, it did look very LBP-ish but it sounds like it will play differently enough. 

I personally love 2d games and having another wacky sony platformer is always welcomed. The only tiny problem I have with it is the way coop works. Its just a little irk I have when games say coop but then its just a little side thing to help the main player (player 1) get through the game (mario galaxy, mario wii u with the wii u pad, etc) Lets face it, it isn't as fun as being a second character who can play the same as your friend

EDIT: looks very neat though. Once I have gotten some money saved up, I'll probably check it out
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Yeah that definitely dampened my spirits too.  I was hoping the co-op would work like LBP.  I'm still really excited for it though
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helvetica Standard on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm

I think that the co-op is like in Knack, for those little kids around 4-7 that doesn't have a lot of skill on games like these of for those that are just casuals.

Anyway, this game is pure eye-candy and the fact that most of the animations are hand made makes it more awesome!
Helvetica Standard
Staff
Staff

PSN : HelveticaStd

View user profile http://helvetica-standard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Yeah they say in the newest video that not a single model has been reused, no matter how small or in the background it is.  The director said his team must hate him for that haha
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helvetica Standard on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:23 pm

It may be true, but his team will be praised for that. I will even dare to say that this game has more appeal than Mario 3D world just for that (sorry Count, but I think that Mario 3D World isn't cutting at all in the creative department)
Helvetica Standard
Staff
Staff

PSN : HelveticaStd

View user profile http://helvetica-standard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 pm

The director is really putting his all into it.  The main reason he's making puppeteer is because he wanted to make a game for his son to play.  I love seeing that not all games are entirely about the money, ya know?  It really shows on something like this
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:01 pm

I really like the look of this game and everything. Definitely a buy from me.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:56 pm

I've watched those videos and all I keep saying is "please have good control" over and over. It looks promising but I want to play a demo of it first.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:14 am

So i've finally had the chance to play puppeteer and it certainly is a different experience.  Judging by how far i got through the game tonight, my guess is that the game will take about 10 hours to complete (and that's just getting to the end, not collection hunting).  My buddy and I are going to play the whole game through co-op
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:36 pm

So i really love this game a lot.  I definitely understand now why the co-op is set up more like sonic 2 as opposed to littlebig planet (it's very precise platforming).  The best part of the game is the writing.  It's extremely clever and contains jokes for both kids and adults.  On top of that, they make a lot of references to other things.  My two favorite references so far have been to inFamous and the Giant Enemy Crab
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 am

It definitely looks like a unique experience now that I have seen some more footage of it. I'm definitely going to pick it up this year hopefully. There are just soo many things to come and not enough time to do it all lol
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:29 am

I know what you mean.  My wishlist of games keeps getting bigger and bigger.  I think Puppeteer is going to be my final ps3 game though
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top