Advice on a new Playstation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice on a new Playstation

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 am

I'm in a bit of a bind.

I'm torn between a Playstation 320GB *Old Slim* for $251.99 on it's own, no bundle (I have all the controllers) and a Playstation 500GB *New Slim* that is automatically bundled with God of War Ascension and the Legacy pack (I already own the pack) for $269.99.

Anyone got good statistics/opinions/advice on what I should do?

Which will be easier to transfer Data to?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice on a new Playstation

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 pm

I have been looking into the differences between the two recently myself. I have a super slim (gow bundle) and people have been saying size is pretty much the only difference. Some people say the super slim is a little quiter than the older slim (I can't tell a difference though). One of my friends has the other version that I do and when we both bring our ps3's over to another friends house to play via lan, I really don't see any difference between the two. 

I will say this though, the super slim feels the flimsiest compared to the other two ps3s. It seems very fragile. The cd cover which allows for easy accessible access to the game tray (which was created so games no longer get stuck in your ps3 in case it red rings) has gotten stuck on me once so far to the point where it wouldn't close and load the game without something holding it there. It might just be my luck that I got a "ehh" version of the console and the others might totally be fine though.

Both choices have a huge amount of memory ( I have only used up about 110 gigs on mine but thats because I have soo many downloads stacked up onto it) and the super slim does come with every gow game so it does seem like a better deal. 

I know this isn't going to help you lol but if I were you and you still have a decent ps3. I would just wait and save up for the ps4. I only bought my gow bundle cause my ps3 died right before the last of us was releasing... and yeah, I was not about to miss out on that!
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Well here's the thing. I already own the GoW collection and I'm definitely not interested in ascension. If what you say is true about the new slim, I might get the older one instead as I could really do without some kind of freak accident. However that 500 GB space is pretty tempting but I digress.

Last time I checked, PS4 can't backtrack and I'm looking to transfer my memory from the old into the new. I already have a friend who can do the transfer and he has done it plenty of tims with others. THe PS4 can wait for me. Right now I want my progress back and on a good new system to boot. =D
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 pm

The New slim is flimsy as shit. It was made specifically to have a throwaway console version to nab some last minute sales. That said, the PS2 Slim was the same sort of creation and they worked really well despite being flimsy. You're better off not paying the extra ~$50 for a PS3 Superslim though. It's just a Wii Mini essentially (although less collectible, since the Wii Mini was only released in limited quantities in Canada).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:56 am

I dropped my fat ps3 a good amount and it still held up for 4+ years. I am willing to bet my superslim that it could not even come close to taking as much of a beating as my fat one did... lol that sounds wrong. 

Just keep asking around though to check up on which version holds up the best.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top