The Marvel Cinematic Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Real_Radec13 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 pm

The main thread for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Lets try not to mention the other comic company. So lets get started by this. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Kevin-Feige-Has-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Mapped-Out-Through-2021-38888.html

So which movies do you think will be a part of phase 3 and 4? I'll start. 

Phase 3:
Ant-Man (confirmed)
Dr Strange (98% confirmed)
Thor 3
Cap 3
Black Panther
Hulk 2
Avengers 3

Phase 4 I have no idea. The only thing I'm sure of is a Dr Strange sequel.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:53 pm

We have a comic thread dood. Sticky. To prevent clones. 

yet we have a DoFP thread among others.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Whats bad about a thread specifically about the MCU?
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Not enough goes on about it on a regular basis. Discussion has almost entirely taken place in that thread for a year now.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Well there are rumors like everyday that are worth discussing. It also good having a discussion about the MCU without discussing/mentioning DC.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Not really and not really. The rumors can normally be debunked or just mindless speculation, its only reported on here if a) confirmed news which is once a fortnight on average or b) a really good rumour, either for humour or cause they are genuine possibilities and those rumours are rarer than legit info. The dc discussion is essential now that they are in the game. That's like talking about the xb1 without the ps4. It doesn't work and leaves a hole in the arguement. Everything one does influences the other. Hell man of steel comes out, marvel pushes Hyperion..Nuff said really. 

so no it should just go in the comics thread. That thread is there to prevent this, comix book thread clutter which this is.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm

I really don't see how talking about rumors is a problem. Also you can obviously talk about the MCU without talking about the DCU because they are two different properties. They are in the game, so what. That doesn't mean you cant have a thread specifically for the MCU. Why are you making a big deal out of this? Its just a thread for the MCU lol. If you don't like it then just ignore and don't make such a huge deal out of it.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 pm

It completely defies the point of another stickied thread that's Bern going on for a year.and you really think that will happen. When one makes a move the other replies. And the fans, everyone here included are constantly comparing the two. This discussion is Handeled by a stickied thread of all things. This is clutter. I wanna route out the DoFP thread and get it merged too. It urks me cause it is just that. Clutter. As great as the mcu is its not diverse enough to seperate from the main thread like everything else.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Why can't there be threads specifically for a series of movies. If someone wants to talk specifically about a movie or a franchise. I see no problem in that. Why are you so against this lol? This is not clutter. If someone made a thread specifically about the new Batman/Superman film or the new Planet of the Apes film would you go on and give them a hard time and overreact? I know I wouldn't.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Yes I would. I've done this in some way with most comic book threads and its never followed up on. The batman/superman discussion as well as MCU discussion goes there and there alone. its just clutter an irrelevant topic. If people wanna discuss it they will in that thread when they need to. It'll dominate discussion for a page or so. Hence general discussion. As in EVERYTHING goes there. This thread is irrelevant. 

You woulda got a decent opinion outta me if that exact OP minus the no dc bit was in the right place. its genuine news. Now the first page of this shoulda never happened thread is this.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:07 am

The reason why the first page was like this is cause you overreacted for something on a forum. Who the fuck cares? If I want the MCU to have its own thread then I think I have the right to make a thread for it. If you disagree then you should have just ignored this thread. I hope you ignore this thread now since all you have done is bring negativity for some stupid reason lol. I think you should just relax and shut the fuck up. Hopefully you don't reply since I'm tired of arguing against some idiot who overreacts to everything. I'm gonna stop talking to you now so I dont have to waste my time arguing with you.

Last edited by Real_Radec13 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:16 am

No you actually don't. Its against forum rules. Dupe threads is part of the reason this place exists its not on here. There is the comic thread and movie thread for this, among others. A year's worth of discussion and you feel cause "you want it" we should move it elsewhere? To somewhere new. No. not on.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:26 am

I should be able to make my own threats about this. And I don't really care if you are so against it for some god damn reason. If you actually have the time to argue about this then your life is pathetic. Enough said.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 am

its against forum rules. If a mod were on it'd be gone by now. Speaking of mods I called em. Maybe you will lose ap maybe you won't idgaf. But you probably will be disciplined...or maybe you won't I dunno. What I do know is that hostility is not allowed and this thread isn't either. 

You realize i'm just going by the books and your argument is just "i want it" right? And I'm pathetic?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helvetica Standard on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:34 am

Guys, try to get along. There is no reason to be attacking each other. o.o
EDIT: I see now the problem. Double posting is against the rules, just try to don't do it frequentelly; we migth take action. This isn't very serious btw, but don't abuse.

And don't get upset, some users find distracting that others put another post righ after one of theirs instead of edit theirs. Capicci? C:

Last edited by Helvetica Standard on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Helvetica Standard
Staff
Staff

PSN : HelveticaStd

View user profile http://helvetica-standard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 am

The mods probably won't care...

Technically, it's specific to one thing whereas the "Comic" thread is for all comic stuphs. Saying he can't post about on specific thing that could or is in a general "Comic" thread is like saying I can't make any posts about a game that we talked about in a "general games" thread. I still can...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helvetica Standard on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 am

Well, we do actually care about that, but when it is very specific we can let it slip, like this time. But when the insults/being aggressive is notorious in the thread, then we may close it.
Helvetica Standard
Staff
Staff

PSN : HelveticaStd

View user profile http://helvetica-standard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:02 am

Yeah, just play nice. I mean I see you both in the wrong considering it DID go off-topic.

There are other comic threads that eventually do not garner significant discussion but they are there anyways. 

In anycase, any continue to the argument will resort to a grab on your person and lose AP. Continue it on PM if you MUST continue.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 am

Off topic, but hey, Blade. Looks like your Avatar picture just significantly improved... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm gonna keep it open because it's not really a problem to anyone, although it is a tad redundant.

Also, I'm still saying the Marvel/Comic movie trend dies again around 2020.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:52 am

DP, just thought I should let you know. Marvel has movies planned till 2021. Not that it can't change or that they're probably bluffing, I just thought you should know.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 am

That was exactly why I said what I did.

Anyway, I'll lock it by request and set a precedent here: if there is a more general topic about the subject, don't do a thread about it without seeing the demand for said topic or asking a mod.

And by "lock it" I mean I'll politely ask one of the mods to do it because I can't on iPod right now. Lol
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:38 pm

I still need to watch all the phase one movies. I haven't even seen the Avengers movie yet ._. I'm not much of a movie person. I am excited for a Deadpool movie, if they ever get to it. Speaking of Marvel movies were the Ghost Rider ones any good? I love Ghost Rider the character but seeing him played by Nicholas Cage left me weary of watching them.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 pm

No. No the weren't. Trust me. And if you're in the mood for watching any superhero movies right now, go see Kick-Ass 2. Don't listen to the reviews, you need to see it for yourself.

And it's alright! Take your time. Honestly, the only Marvel films I remember all that well are IM1, IM3, Avengers, and Thor. And a little bit of Cap, I guess.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 am

Oh I can lock this now. Lock request granted (sorry for being late, Radec)
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top