Venom Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who should be the host for Venom in a solo-movie?

33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Venom Movie

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Hey guys, remember when we all thought that Sony was ahead of themselves when announcing that there'd be four Spidey movies? We lookie here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/03/spider-man-producers-say-theyre-fans-of-venom-could-he-be-the-first-spinoff

Last month, it was revealed that director Marc Webb had conceived of his Amazing Spider-Man franchise as a trilogy, and that the fourth film, set to arrive in theaters on May 4, 2018, may in fact be the first (of possibly several) spinoff movie set in the Spider-Man universe. "It might not just be a Spider-Man movie," Webb said in an interview with Crave online. "You know, what was fun about the comics is that there's an entire sort of encyclopedia of characters, and stories, and histories, and nuances, and idiosyncrasies, and off-shoots."

In the wake of this announcement, it has generally been assumed that it'd be a Venom movie. I mean, who else in the Spidey universe would it be based off of? These guys?

Even the producers of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 have shown their desire to construct a Venom movie. Unfortunately, Sony hasn't really rolled around to the idea yet. Or even given a valid response, actually. I for one would love it, but it has to be built up right. I say that the black suit should be teased in the after-credits scene (due to Marc Webb hinting that the Symbiote would appear in some fashion in TASM2) and have it get on Peter in Amazing Spider-Man 3. Have him take off the suit by the end of the movie, but also try to build up either of the most notable hosts of the Venom Symbiote in the background (Eddie Brock or Flash Thompson). Have him show up at the Daily Bugle, have interesting interactions with Peter, meetings with Aunt May or other members of the supporting cast, or whatever, just build them up. Then have the after-credits scene show them getting the Symbiote, plain and simple. 

Although personally, I'd prefer it best if the Symbiote didn't arrive until a fourth Amazing Spider-Man movie (assuming the quality can be kept up by that point), because I have mixed feelings about having it meshed in with a storyline based off of The Death of Gwen Stacy (oh c'mon, we all know it's going to happen. Hell, I think Sony even confirmed it once!). But if Amazing Spider-Man 2 turns out well, then I just might be able to put my faith in Marc Webb's hands.

So, what do you guys think? Do you want a Venom movie?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venom Movie

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:03 pm

One thing. it was Emma stone who pretty much confirmed gwen kicking the can. it may also happen in this movie. 

Anyway venom in asm3 is what I would do. A whole movie with him and a minor villain, like vulture (tp build up the sinster 6 which is gonna happen. Perhaps hydroman?) And have him stop petty crimes superior style with the suit. Take it off half way (not in last 20 minutes) and give it to Eddie. Eddie starts showing up around peter, venom wails on spider man on patrol and finally a battle which ends up with venom arrested....and for the spinoffs villain...carnage baby!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:02 pm

I don't want it to happen in this movie. Personally. I know that Marc Webb hinted at it with a couple of Twitter pics, but I'm hoping that he's just trolling until the third. Electro or, hell, even Vulture killing Gwen is just too different from source material for me to handle. And if Gobby IS in TASM2 and does kill Gwen, then he'd just be rushed and not get the spotlight he deserves due to Electro being in the way.

Personally, I feel like it would be better to not have to try and rush Venom and Peter having the Black Suit in one movie. In fact, who's to say that the fourth movie HAS to be a solo-Venom movie? It could still be ASM4. And if it is, I'd like Venom to be the central villain in that. I want to see Eddie built up and the Symbiote getting the amount of screentime that I think would make it more memorable, instead of just shoving the Venom movie fight for the end.

Here's how I would make it go down. TASM3, introduce Peter to the Black Suit. Have Gobby show up (along with a minor villain like Vulture who Peter can rough up real bad due to temptations from the suit, along with building up the Sinister Six) and pretty much torture, trap, and taunt Peter from the sidelines. He kills Gwen, Peter goes apeshit with the Black Suit, he resists the urge to kill him at the last moment (in which Norman accidentally commits suicide), and then Peter gets rid of the Black Suit. All the while, Venom is built up with Eddie appearing and being referenced throughout the movie, and he gets the suit in the after-credits. 

TASM4 has Venom and one or two more side-villains to help finally get the last members of the Sinister Six out of the way. I recommend having Doc Ock debut in this movie and basically act as double-trouble for with Venom throughout both his personal and superhero life. Doc Ock beats Peter and causes self-doubt due to backlash from Gwen's death, Eddie tortures Peter personally and does all the stuff you just said, then Peter gets some character development and beats Ock, then we have the final Symbiote showdown, Eddie gets the Symbiote off, and then we maybe get a hint at Carnage at the after-credits. Then we have a solo-Venom movie with Flash (who should be built up throughout ALL of the next three Spidey films) and Carnage can star as the villain. And then with TASM5 (or technically six, which would be pretty awesome with what I'm just about to say), we get the Sinister Six with Doc Ock leading. And with TASM6, we finally get Dying Wish.

But... it's most likely going to be rushed more than that. And to be honest I wouldn't even blame Sony (considering how much time this would all take), and we don't how long the quality of Spidey films can be maintained until an inevitable reboot once again. Oh, and I'd love it if Otto Octavius was a character in TASM2, but isn't actually Doc Ock yet. Remember how in the Electro trailer that he's apparently talking to a "Doc"? But I'm probably getting way ahead of myself.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:11 pm

You want to introduce two of peters main villains in the same movie?....

actually heres a thought. What if the rumors are true and goby shows up at the end of asm2 and does what he has to. The the first half of ASM3 is the revengeon goby with the black suit arriving after a loss,with venom in the later half,also playing on peters grief somehow. 

then a legit asm4 can build up the sinister 6 with Otto showing up at the end, with the venom film happening before hand.Eddie needs to be in contri for venom, then flash gets it in the final scene for the inevitable venom 2.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 pm

You want Gwen to be killed by Electro or a rushed Green Goblin?

I get what you're saying about Otto, but he's mainly a Spider-Man villain. Not really a "Peter Parker" villain like Venom or even Goblin is like (outside of trying to marry Aunt May (which I'm sure we both can agree that should be a movie plot) and Superior). He'd help give a challenge to Spider-Man while Venom stars as the more personal villain. Besides, Eddie would be built up. This would help build Otto up for the Sinister Six, which is where he would REALLY shine. When I think about it, there's not really much of a problem with Otto not getting a Spider-Man movie all to himself if we're building up the Sinister Six. I mean, Spider-Man 2 has to create an entirely new plot for Otto just to make him THAT important. It's having Venom and Gobby with Gwen involved in the same movie that I have a problem with. I don't really see Ock realistically carrying an entire movie by himself without a completely renovated plot, and I feel like only having Venom as a villain would be a bit too alone for a movie as well. That's why it mixes, personally.

As for that... I just feel like Eddie shouldn't have to wait for Peter to get the suit. He should be torturing him throughout a whole movie, in my eyes. As for Goblin, that would just be rushing (god, how many times have I said "rush"?) him. He should be maintained as a presence throughout a movie. Not just going apeshit by the end and suddenly killing Gwen out of nowhere. Having a movie starring him as the main villain, figuring out Peter's identity throughout it, not having to really share the spotlight with another major villain, and finally killing Gwen and ultimately himself... it's just too perfect in my eyes.

I'm sorry, I just can't really go for that. But I will give you one thing though. That's the most likely scenario for how these movies will turn out.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:47 pm

The reason I say it is cause cliff hangers. Also Norman Osborne is meant to have a big part. Although goblin will be last minute,the villain itself will not (i mean electro and rhino don't exactly need much development.)

I don't think Eddie needs much build up. He needs to be terminal, and publically embarassed by Spider-Man. When he gets the suit is when he becomes prominent. I mean he could reveal goblins identity in a rival paper (maybe have it be J.J. or something....for a laugh) and the spider man proves him wrong. That brings me to my next point...WHY THE FUCK DOES GOBLIN HAVE TO DIE! look how strong Thor 2 looks. Its cause of Loki 100% and he's not even the main villain. All the talk is surrounding the god of mischief even before comic con. Why is magneto so good in xmen? Its cause they aren't dead. One of my gripes with comic films...why do the villains die. 3 survived, all 3 were great but ones actor kicked the can. On that point one of the things I liked about asm is lizard didn't die, bringing total of survival of comic villains to four. Even if green goblin never resurfaces Norman Osborne is a character and a half. If the supposed Asm/MCU merger (without rights turnover) deal is true he needs to live.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Normie boy can die because his son could easily take his place and Peter needs one of his big villains to die in order to provide some backlash and future haunting. And he could even fake his death, which Roderick Kingsley (the first and main Hobgoblin) has done several times. I don't think that the merger would need Osborn to still be alive because I really don't see Dark Reign getting adapted. And this is a bit selfish, but he should just remain a Spider-villain. It's not just Norman that's Peter's biggest enemy, but the Goblin persona itself and how it constantly manifests itself throughout his life with different hosts. And I know that Norman is appearing and will promote some effects, but he should still be built up, with some hinting around making the Stromm formula and trying to find a cure for his disease (which eventually turns him into Gobby). Having a big role shouldn't mean that he has to kill Gwen out of nowhere.

And see, I share the EXACT same opinion about villains dying. I mean, having a whole trilogy where all of the villains commit suicide through some idiotic mistake? Seriously? That's why I was glad that Curt survived being the Lizard, because he can COME BACK for the Sinister Six. But we shouldn't get carried away though. For a character like Spider-Man, we need a villain like Norman to die in order too promote  a haunting and regret aspect, along with a memorable darker atmosphere. And even then, it's not like Peter's entire rogues gallery will go to hell, because we can still have Otto getting a good spotlight with the type of schedule I theorized. Remember, unlike other villains, Spidey has one of the most memorable and most consistent rogue galleries of all time. Even on-par with Batman. He isn't like Thor or Cap with having to rely on only one villain to get major hype from fans and casual crowds.

And by build-up, I just mean that that ASM3 or even 2 should show that he exists, because Venom is a majorly loved villain and it sews seeds that people will definitely pay attention too. He doesn't even have to appear until the movie where he becomes Venom, just show Daily Bugle articles that are credited to Eddie or J.J. yelling to see someone named Eddie in the background or something. Marc Webb plans to make the Spider-Man movies a universe of its own, so this type of treatment is expected.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Peters going to have enough haunting with Gwen, the knowledge that goblin is still alive would hurt him. I mean peter was dead set on killing him! Hence me thinking it should play into the black suit. And the final fight with goblin why he takes it off.

just to count comic villain deaths (major, we'd be here all day with x men,only marvel) drowned with jean, stabbed by wolverine, fight with wolverine and saberwol....never happened, coin through the skull, (i just realized of all movies where the villain lives its hulk and Thor) death by gravity into a reactor, death by explosion of own drones, death by pepper, death by own glider, heroic suicide to destroy life's work, diving into an explosion that shouldn't have killed him, stabbed by glider again and my personal fave, gone with the wind. If you wanna go most recent dc, death by train, death by drugs irl, death by shotgun, death by explosion and neck snap.....this paragraph is too long....catch my drift?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Yes, but I'm just talking about ONE villain dying. And probably coming back too. Believe me, I know all about villains always dying. It pisses me off just as much as it does for you. I just feel like the Goblin dying (and not even by Peter's own hand) would serve well with Peter by haunting him through the mantle being passed down to his son, Hobgoblin, and just causing notable effects around his life. Hell, Spider-Man could even be blamed for the deaths of Gobby and even Gwen Stacy, which would prove as useful info for both J.J. and, you guessed it, Eddie Brock. And then he tries to frame Spidey as a menace, and then when Peter finally manages to clear his name and humiliates him, Eddie goes into his spiral down to being Venom.

Holy shit, I came up with on the spot and didn't realize what I was doing. Now that would be pretty awesome to see for TASM3/4. Now, a girlfriend dying is always tragic. But I feel like being responsible for Gobby dying like this and being haunted would be what would set Peter out from all of these other superhero movies. I mean, look at Batman for the Dark Knight series after Rachel died or Logan after killing Jean Grey. Peter would be different because it wouldn't just be his girl haunting him, but the literal Goblin persona as well. Hell, it would make Norman's character even more memorable because even in death, he's STILL causing Peter pain.

And like I said before, twice. He could still fake his death.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 pm

It has to be Eddie that fucks up not the bugle. It has to be a specific problem for Eddie. If jj told him to make up dirt on Spider-Man he wouldn't sack him. But if he revealed the goblins identity as say curt Connors and is proven wrong that starts his downward spiral. 

And I still don't feel goblin dying or fake dying. It doesn't sit with me. It wouldn't stick with him as much as you say. Gwen would.if anything it would undermine gwens death.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Why can't it be Eddie that does the report and takes the shots? Then through his research, he believes that Spider-Man killed Norman Osborn. In turn, he gets the Bugle to hate Spidey even more, and then gets humiliated when Peter clears his name and gets fired. Works out pretty well in my book.

But I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I definitely think that it would lead to him being a more bigger and more memorable villain. Hell, the whole situation I came up with seems like a dark Joker scheme of him "winning". So I guess that we'll have to part paths on this debate.

I am willing to talk about who should get the Venom movie though. I agree that it can there can be two Venom movies starring the two hosts each. How would you make it go down?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:15 pm

Venom rescues Eddie from prison. He returns to new York and begins tracking spider 
man. Carnage soon breaks out of prison and chases down his father. Venom beats Spiderman but decides to spare him as he had just helped out someone Eddie knew (no need to rip from source) and the two go separate ways. He moves to a new city and takes up the Leathal protector role. Carnage arrives they fight and venom wins. Seeing what symbiotes can do Eddie leaves the suit. It is quickly seized by the army who had been tracking both carnage and venom. 

Flash gets the suit and everything about agent venom is explained. Carnage breaks loose. Venom is sent after him. toxin id born who is seized by the underworld powers and bonded to Eddie. A battle royal emerges with carnage defeated. Venom and Toxin battle a bit (Venom gets curb stomped) but all is put on hold when carnage escapes. They team up to stop his spree, basically ending like the comic meeting. 

Toxin and carnage are the only two real venom characters hence their usage. Also no anti venom without spider island and the story had to be fast tracked hence Eddie going straight to toxin.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:02 am

Sounds pretty solid.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff