[ 3 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
15% 15% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 26

General Fighting Game discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Title is a description in and of itself. basically discuss any Fighting game franchise new, old or upcoming. there are some exceptions to this mainly All Stars and Smash Bros. 

there are topics dedicated to certain games, feel free to seek more in depth discussion there. 

SkullGirls: http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t1944-skullgirls
Tekken Revolution: http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t2499-tekken-revolution
Soul Calibur 2 Hd: http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t2584-soul-caliber-2-hd
Injustice: http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t1623-injustice-discussion

so why bring this up (Other than to reduce clutter)? Capcom

So of course we have USFIV (For those of you living under a rock Ultra Street Fighter IV) on its way buuuuuuut

Darkstalkers have been put on hiatus again after the collection did bad. thats sad news. BBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT They want community feed back for a possible UMVC3 update after Ono relight the candle of hope at SDCC.........i don't even play mahvel and i'm hyped! 

so discuss also answer poll!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Fighting Game discussion

Post by Neß on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:27 pm

I've been thinking of maybe getting mahvel at some point, but if there is indeed going to be a new update and said update buffs Phoenix Wright, I'm sold.
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:49 pm

again phoenix wright is pretty good if you get all the evidence. its just in terms of characters who are only good if you meet x condition but are game breaking (Almost) if you do, Frank and Phoenix (Xmen) are better. and i guess morrigan whos only good in Astral Vision.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm

SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST SOULFIST

Last edited by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 pm

^that. all the freaking Soulfist. was there more in Chris gs matches or the evo Chat?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

EVO chat was full of them every time Morrigan came on-screen... Not like that though... Unless you've got a dirty mind... Then, yes, like that...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Morrigan makes soulfists like that? ohhhhhhhhh well she is a subbcuss.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:54 pm

So, let's talk about real fighting game stuff now... Being a person that loves fighting games, I buy as many as I can afford. Doesn't matter what type. It can go from something as casual as Naruto to games as competitive as Street Fighter. They're just fun to play. But do you wanna know what has been ruining my hype lately? The fact that these "Ultimate" editions of these games come out just a few months after the original releases... 

"Ultimate" editions are cool ideas and all, but when all that's added are a few characters and stages, it seems a little over-the-top. They can be done right, but it takes quite a bit to make myself feel like the game was worth a second purchase. 

A good example for "Ultimate" editions would be Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Not only did it add a bit more balancing tweaks and changes, but it also "remixed" the system of the game, changed all the menus to look better, added a ton of new characters that many were surprised and happy with, etc. It just added more overall. 

Then we get to bad examples... Ultra Street Fighter 4, IMO, is a poor idea. They really just took characters that were in X Tekken and shoved them in... And it's not even a lot of them. Then there's some new stages... That's about it...

Then, there's those in-betweeners. Dead or Alive 5 ULTIMATE only has 5 new characters and a few new stages listed as of right now. They've been slowly releasing updates, so perhaps there's more that haven't been announced yet, but hearing that doesn't make it seem like a good buy... More features are included in Training, which are already in the Vita version of DOA5. So, how do they make up for some of that? More theater options, screenshot options, more moves, a shit ton more costumes, menu customization, BGM customization (Including music from the older DOA games), character customization, customizable intros and outros, etc. Basically, they just jammed the damn game with stuff to make the DOA experience your own. 

And another way that Tecmo make up for it, for PS3 users at least, is a Free-to-Play version. PS3 users will get Dead or Alive 5 ULTIMATE: Core Fighters on PSN the same day that DOA5U comes out in stores. Both are essentially the same game, but with Core Fighters, you only pay for the things you want. You already start out with most of the modes unlocked, and 4 starter characters: Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate, and Ryu. Each other character and mode is worth around $3 each. 

So, what other opinions on these second edition games do you peeps all haz?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:06 pm

UMVC3 was not a good idea Pyro. MVC3 was only out. and the game was in essence unfinished in the balancing department. 

i think DOA has the right time to do this. DOA5 is dead (And ttt2 isn't what game was better IGN? ha) so perfect timing.............bbuuuuuutttttt

Namco do it best. everything they do lately is Fanservice. TTT" character dlc...huh lets make it free even to those without an online pass. and TTT2 is quite possibly the biggest fighting game every in terms of content. it ain't the biggest roster (Its like third biggest. I think either SFxT or UMVC3 was biggest) but the customization options and modes........sooo much! and now SC2HD online? yessssss.......but people complain over no link and spawn? Something out of their control? huh.

Ultra is really only for the upper echelon of SSFIVAE players. your right the majority of assets are ripped from SFxT (Including Stages!) but balancing and fifth character won't be.

my opinion on this model.....if its well spaced out with the option for DLC sure why not? what many people don't realize is in a game like this the extra 15 or so you spend in the long term gives you more time with the game where as if you only buy the complete edition, you go in a scrub against seasoned players. fair trade imo.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 pm

anyone else like blazblue i may suck at it but i love the story, characters and music
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Shit forgot that one
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vytrova on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm

ssb was a gateway drug
Vytrova
I Don't Fear Death
I Don't Fear Death

PSN : Vytrova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:46 pm

dragonfire111 wrote:anyone else like blazblue i may suck at it but i love the story, characters and music
I meant to try it out on my Vita, but I ran out of space so I have to wait until I get a new memory card before I can actually download it.

Also, I do agree that it's the perfect time for DOA5U to come out and that Namco seems to be #1 in fan service so far.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 am

yeah never really got into blaze blue or guily gear but the new GG looks great

http://abload.de/img/gi5lo4.jpg

try and guess sprits or models?
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:14 am

I don't know what ever happened to the series, Bloody Roar.. but all I do know is that as a child, it was one of my favorite ps2 games back in the day (that was like 7-8 years ago).

I don't know if the fighting game community would classify it as a "good" fighting game but it sure was creative. This was back when I was like 11 or 12 and nothing mattered to me in a game except that it was entertaining. Being able to mash buttons, transform into animals and unleash awesome supers was great fun with a little group of friends
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 am

bloody roar was made by Hudson Soft, that is why it isn't around
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:50 am

RiP Bomberman
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top