Indie Game Development Is Hard...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indie Game Development Is Hard...

Post by BigBox on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:57 pm

When you're alone and don't have all of the required traits to making anything of it.  These are what you need to know to do anything in this field.

- Game Design
- Code
- Level Design (or some other, more tactical, "micro" form of design if you don't have levels)
- Art and Animation
- Audio and Music
- Writing
- Biz (Legal, Marketing, PR, Bits of web dev and other miscellany)

My skills only consist of what's bolded.  Decent for what underlined and italiced for only getting it, striked for no knowledge.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Indie Game Development Is Hard...

Post by DP on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 am

That's why many indie games look terrible or are made by more than just one dude.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I know, anyway, I found a pretty cool website last night called moddb.com. Let's see what happens with that.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:58 am

Found a home in Orbit Studios.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 am

Are you writing from scratch or using engines designed for those who are newer to building games/those more concerned with the artistic aspect? Personally I'd love to be able to code games. Just as a hobby, nothing for a career. 

I made a game in RPG Maker once. I know that sounds terribly unprofessional seeing as how every resource is handed to you but from that I was able to focus entirely on the story and gameplay aspects. I made a really fun one-hour adventure. I'm thinking of making another sometime, but I'm not the high school kid with too much time that I was when I made that. Heh, I made it in a single week only stopping to eat, defecate and fap. And sleep. Good times. 

What kind of game are you making?
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:17 am

I like 3D games so I'll tend to use the UDK Engine which is one of those engines made for newer builders. I'll go into the engine and play around with it, I'll put some walls up make some cylinders, or cubes. Put those together and just kind of run around inside of builds that don't have any real detail worked into them. I'm not a coder so I'm certainly limited to what I can and can't do. I'm not a character modeler either, so everything is just kind bland and out there. I'm currently not using my main computer though.

Sounds interesting, and a pretty good time I guess ph always got your back? lol Really though, that is good you were having fun with it.

I joined onto work on their project, I applied as a script writer. I was brought to write a script for the game with another person. I should be able to start work on that tomorrow, I'm pretty excited to be working on their project. I'm doing it more for portfolio reasons than anything else, but if the studio I'm with now becomes something with this project. Then that would be great and would open up a lot of doors.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top