Playstation: BID FOR GREATNESS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHat would you like to get from the bids?

29% 29% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
14% 14% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
14% 14% 
[ 1 ]
29% 29% 
[ 2 ]
14% 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Playstation: BID FOR GREATNESS

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Ok, so this is a bad idea on my part, to post this shit. Mostly cause I may end up with less of a chance to win anything... Not that I had a chance because I don't have any trophies, but you get the picture. And hey, maybe somebody here will get lucky.

Sony is running a website that you can sign into with your PSN account. This website will allow you to bid your Gold Trophies for props and costumes from the "Greatness Awaits" trailer. That's right. No money needed. Just sign-in, and enter whatever bid you feel like. 

As of right now, the Black Hand outfit from Killzone: Shadowfall has been sold, and the Clicker outfit is under bid for 20+ more hours. Once you've won something I don't believe you can enter anything else, but I could be completely wrong. Every bid that hasn't gone on yet has dates in which they will occur. So you've got until those dates to get as many Gold Trophies as possible (Which is a fucking lot, seeing as how the Clicker costume is already at 700 Gold Trophies). Someone like me probably won't win jack shit because I don't ever really go for trophies. 

Hell, this is the second time they've done a contest that used peoples' trophies to win prizes. If they keep this up I may become a trophy whore myself... lol.

Happy Trophy Whoring! :D

EDIT: Almost forgot the link: https://www.bidforgreatness.com
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playstation: BID FOR GREATNESS

Post by Chaosdreams on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 pm

As much as I enjoy hunting for trophies, I end up getting the bronze and silvers but then because of lack of time I never get the majority of the gold (not to mention scarce.) I also don't view this contest as something I could win with my dedication to the sport of hunting for trophies. It's sexy to say a game is 100 percent done, but it's also a pain to get a lot of games to that point.

I miss the days where I knew i was done a game, now that feeling seems to rely on what the trophies tell me. oh well, best of luck to all those who want the props from the trailer. I'd rather use my trophies (if it were possible) to put towards dlc for games and so forth.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:52 pm

oh yeah, I saw this this morning actually.. when I checked, the black hand item was up at ~950 lol soo yeah, I am not even going to try this. There are people who buy 75% of every game that comes out each year and go die hard on them to earn trophies. I don't stand a chance and I actually am a trophy whore xD I would want the clicker costume though but I have a feeling that will be one of the most popular item to bid on

Last edited by god-of-paradise on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:03 pm

What God said.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Considering I've had my PSN account for just over a year, this isn't happening for me. Even if I have Platinumed several games already.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:53 pm

from what I heard, people have actually reached platinum numbers of up to 150 and such... soo yeah
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 pm

I don't doubt it. If I've Plat'd like ten games in my spare time over the busiest year of my life while also barely playing PS3, then I think in my heyday I could've easily Plat'd 30 games in a regular year. Now just think about the basement dwellers.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:56 pm

I personally think that this is whole auction thing is a way for sony to say trophies have more of a meaning than achievements (not saying I agree or anything). "gold trophies can win you awesome prizes" compared to achievement points that I haven't seen microsoft do anything with.

Thats just my take on it.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Well, Microsoft pays you for your Achievement Points*!

*Valued at approximately 20 Microsoft Points or $0.25 MSRP, only on your birthday, cannot be combined with any other offers
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:31 pm

I assume though that sony is taking the opportunity to take advantage of everyones shifted interest towards the playstation 4 by showing more dedicated interest to the fans

I did not know that about microsoft though. That is an interesting idea. The trophy auction is nice but in no way ideal for many ps3/vita owners. Hopefully some other support for having trophies will exist in the future.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:00 pm

The MS thing started last year.  It's sort of part of their rewards program, although "rewards" is barely a fitting name.  Some stuff is almost decent, but here's the trend:
If you have more than 3K Gamerscore, you get $.25 on your birthday.
If you have more than 10K, you get that and a 1% rebate on purchases.
If you have more than 30K, you get a 2% rebate.

Additionally, you can take a survey each month for 20 MSPoints/$.25.  Both the rebates and the survey points are only deposited after you've accumulated them in 100 point increments.  It's really not worth the hassle, but since I'm at 70 points, I might as well get the last 30 so I can go buy Sonic The Fighters or something really cheap.

Edit: They also give you occasional awards such as: Getting $2.50 for paying $60 for a year of gold, or random shit like that. If you're lucky, they randomly pick a "VIP" every so often that gets a substantial amount of points, maybe enough for an arcade game.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by NXavier787 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Giggity goo, I want that Witch Doctor garb.

But really they should have gone for Demon Hunter garb instead, IMO.
NXavier787
Tingle
Tingle

PSN : NXavier787

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top