i just got a ton of respect for iwata

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i just got a ton of respect for iwata

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125717-Satoru-Iwata-Refuses-to-Layoff-Nintendo-Employees
in this day and age this is a quite awesome thing to do
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: i just got a ton of respect for iwata

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:42 am

i must say my feelings on Iwata lately are mixed. on one hand he has moments of pure class like this. on the other his justification of region locking is pure bull shit. so yeah i dunno how to feel about him.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 pm

That is something Iwata would do.  I give him credit, because he's such a dedicated person and so proud of his company that even in the worst fiscal year since the early 30s he will not lay off a single person.  Not to mention he's been so humble lately on top of all this.

Edit: Now THIS is a reason they should start explaining more often.
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before," says Miyamoto. "Please allow me to explain that we may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result, the overall software development took more time than originally anticipated just as we tried to polish the software at the completion phase of development. However, we are almost out of this phase.
Honestly, any logical fan would completely understand this if they explained it more often. THIS is why Pikmin 3 isn't out yet. THIS is why we won't see Zelda U until late 2014 at the earliest. THIS is why they had to hire Namco to bring manpower to SSB4. And they're not talking about it. Nintendo saying "hey, guys, we fucked up" gains so much more respect and understanding from me than "oh, yeah, it's all good, guys."
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Eh, he and Miyamoto (most of the time, at least) were always the top dogs I admired at Nintendo, so I can't say its really much of a surprise. Especially since Iwata has actually been giving inspirational reasoning like this since the Wii U launch for about every few weeks lol. I mean, of course there's the region-locking, but at least he explained that (even though there could be a better solution) instead of staying quiet.

Totally agree with DP though. Nintendo needs to stop trying to take all of their responsibility upon themselves and constantly reassuring/apologizing when something is delayed instead of giving actual reasoning. It helps us know that they're not trying to pull anything shady or trying to look irresponsible and would help them as it'd make us shut up more about certain titles getting axed or delayed. I thought it was weird how first-party games were constantly being delayed, even for Nintendo's norm.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:11 pm

I love Iwata. He and the crew just overestimate what they can do after the success of one console, sadly. 

I haven't picked up a WiiU yet, but I will after a price drop happens. I want the next Zelda. I don't care much for the new Smash. However, if I do get Smash, I REALLY want the 3DS one, SIMPLY because of the artwork haha!
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top