"X" Character vs. "Y" Character

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"X" Character vs. "Y" Character

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:54 pm

I recently ran into this channel on YouTube that has the whole character vs character scenarios similar to Death Battle but they're live action. It's pretty fucking sweet and I've gotta say that this one is my favorite!

I thought this was pretty epic and Deadpool sounds exactly like Deadpool! :P
My favorites(besides this one) off the top of my head are Gambit vs. Nightwing, Batman vs. Wolverine and a 4-way battle between 4 gaming series, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, The Walking Dead and Max Payne!

Some are pretty meh (Superman vs. Thor and Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft) due to the acting but others are spot on like the one I posted above!

Anyways they're called Bat in the Sun and it's pretty entertaining! :P

Am I late? If so what's your favorite video?

Count Mario and lpool where the fuck are you guys?
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "X" Character vs. "Y" Character

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 pm

popularity con-

BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 pm

First of all, I completely agree with Blade. That fight was bullshit, but whatever. It goes off of fan votes so that's fine.

Second of all, this is really cool. I thought it was just gonna be a vote, but was surprised to see they also acted it out. And the actors were pretty good too. I may end up watching a couple of these.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah, I forgot to mention the "popularity" part but it still doesn't take away from the video! It was entertaining and very well done!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Rolling Eyes At least in regards to popularity we aren't seeing a "my little pony" against someone, since them damn bronys would vote the living shit out of it. I don't think society should see anyone be beaten by a pony with pink hair and a blue body.

Popularity shouldn't be considered as a factor for determining victory (if that's what's being proven in these videos.) It should be on plausibility of victory by utilizing the most moves possible and personal behaviour, huzzah.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Oh yeah, I saw that before with Darth Vader vs. Gandalf (Gandalf should've won in all honesty). The only thing that turns me off is that the fans vote, because if we have Supes vs. Bats, then we all know what the result would be. That does not deny the quality whatsoever though.

Also, I find it a shame that Nightwing was paired with Gambit instead of Daredevil. I mean like, seriously? And I'm just glad that Deady doesn't sound like this:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Chaosdreams wrote:Rolling Eyes At least in regards to popularity we aren't seeing a "my little pony" against someone, since them damn bronys would vote the living shit out of it. I don't think society should see anyone be beaten by a pony with pink hair and a blue body.

Popularity shouldn't be considered as a factor for determining victory (if that's what's being proven in these videos.) It should be on plausibility of victory by utilizing the most moves possible and personal behaviour, huzzah.
I agree but hey, I was watching it for the actual video and not the results.
Count Mario wrote:Oh yeah, I saw that before with Darth Vader vs. Gandalf (Gandalf should've won in all honesty). The only thing that turns me off is that the fans vote, because if we have Supes vs. Bats, then we all know what the result would be. That does not deny the quality whatsoever though.

Also, I find it a shame that Nightwing was paired with Gambit instead of Daredevil. I mean like, seriously? And I'm just glad that Deady doesn't sound like this:
I'm so glad Deadpool didn't sound like that!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 am

Part of the entertainment factor is the result which is why I like death battle so much. Even if my favourite character loses I see why. Its pretty much indisputable. This however...deadpool pointing out he can't die...nope..batman being lethal...nope...Nightwing beating gambit...nope...you get the picture. I REALLY DON'T LIKE FAN VOTES! yeah don't like this. It doesn't have production value or quality or a semblance of intellectual presence in anyway. Just listen to the fanboy shouting matches In the episodes..
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Well Nightwing CAN beat Gambit... If he has prep time. Like every other Bat character. XD I'm just asking though, do you disagree that Batman would beat Deadpool, because I actually think he can. He might not be able to kill him (whether he wants to or not), but he can still incapacitate him and whatnot to the point where he can't fight back. Especially after having taken on the likes of Deathstroke.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

I fancy deadpooljust cause his healing factor is what it is. As much as bats tries anything he throws at deadpool beyond lethal force will not sto him and batman does tire 

that said what was the big deal in that vid. Sounds like deadpool just wanted a little pussy.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Batman doesn't like sharing...
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Sounds like bats is just a kindergartener hogging all the building blocks...except its grown men and women with no respect for their bodies
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm

True, but that doesn't mean people like Wolverine haven't beat Deady by decapitating and separating his limbs. Or Spidey outmaneuvering and webbing him up (in which both of these events HAVE occurred and I could  give evidence) His healing factor is not equivalent to his pure skill and battling technique (which shouldn't be underestimated either way). I mean, I don't want to give Batman too much credit, but he's still Batman. If that even makes sense.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 pm

He is still skilled enough to survive versus batman. Remember batman is far slower than most of deadpools foes. He doesn't have proportionate strength & speed of a spider or a spider sense to tie him up nor does he have wolverines speed strength and savagery in combat.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 pm

True, but to say that Batman hasn't faced his own fair share of super rogues is cutting himself short. And he's very familiar with assassins in particular. Like another immortal assassin I know *cough*ra'salghul*. Deadpool mainly has his healing factor, limited teleportation, and assassin skills. Nothing more than that, in all honesty. Bats, depsite being human, has limitless amounts of credentials that would make him technically superhuman at the least.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:12 pm

hey dont count deadpool out he may be insane but he has incredible skill at killing/causing brutal injury and he also knows his way around the battlefield well
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 am

I'm not counting him out, I'm just routing for Batman. If you want to pull the insanity card, Batman's a got a whole arsenal of villains that fit that category. I mean, literally what you just said about Deadpool, I can say for Batman. Don't get me wrong, I love D-Pooly and I'm not saying this is an easy fight, AND I'd love to see it as well. But I think that Bruce would make it out by the end.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 am

I actually agree with the result of this battle.  I don't think the battle would happen anything like the video but i understand its all for fun.  It wouldn't be nearly as excited to watch but there's no way someone as smart as batman would just try to take on a guy with an accelerated healing factor head on.  

Here's how the fight would go.  Throws in sleeping gas.  Grapples from the ceiling.  Grabs catwoman.  Grapples out of the building with her.  Gas dissipates.  Deadpool is confused.  Done haha
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:15 am

It wouldn't be nearly as excited to watch but there's no way someone as smart as batman would just try to take on a guy with an accelerated healing factor head on.  

lol, you'd be amazed by how much balls Bats has for some the guys he goes up against on a daily basis. Hell, when he first meets Superman in this new series that actually just debuted, he fights and literally endures his brutal punches. Deady might have an accelerated healing factor, but there's still a bunch of ways to beat him. Separate all of his limbs, strip/tie him up, or hell, even freeze him alive. Just because you can't be killed doesn't mean you can't be beat, guys.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:18 am

Count Mario wrote:It wouldn't be nearly as excited to watch but there's no way someone as smart as batman would just try to take on a guy with an accelerated healing factor head on.  

lol, you'd be amazed by how much balls Bats has for some the guys he goes up against on a daily basis. Hell, when he first meets Superman in this new series that actually just debuted, he fights and literally endures his brutal punches. Deady might have an accelerated healing factor, but there's still a bunch of ways to beat him. Separate all of his limbs, strip/tie him up, or hell, even freeze him alive. Just because you can't be killed doesn't mean you can't be beat, guys.

let me re-phrase that.  What i meant was, Bats is so smart, he wouldn't see the need in taking that guy head-on or even fighting him at all
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:35 am

Ah, I see, I see. But to be a true fight, it has to be the first time these guys meet with their regular statistics. If we bring in Batman's prep-time, then a lot of battles involving him would be biased to the max. I'm just clarifying that.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:48 am

Yeah that's a good point.

As for batman vs deadpool, i still think batman would just beat him out.  He's so quick-thinking he'd figure something out
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:19 am

I agree. Not to mention he's dealt with assassins and superhuman individuals before, daily. And his strength/martial arts skills and tech.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:14 pm

what about kefka vs the joker :D
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Kefka easy. Tooth v joker is way closer.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top