Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 pm

This game just came out on PS+ for free as a Vita game. In between my boredom and TR/TLoU play I decided to download the game. Originally I was like "Meh... Puzzles and shit. Something to occupy me with." But now... Jesus christ, I feel like an asshole. 

Zero Escape is a sort of point-and-click puzzle game with more depth in how things work. Instead of boring flat pictures, you're navigating 3D environments. In between the puzzles are things called "Novel" sections. These are basically parts where your character, Sigma, interacts with the other characters in the game. Every once and a while you'll have to make decisions, but, unlike a lot of games like this, every decision can lead to complete success or utter failure. Hell, the first couple decisions of the game made me sit there a bit and think about it. Every decision has positives and negatives. It's super tense... My second ever decision really benefitted me in the long run, but made me feel like a complete asshole. And if a game can make me feel like a dick, it's one of my favorites. Did I mention there are 24 different outcomes once you finish the game?

The basic plot is a lot like Saw, in that you wake up in a room and a bunny, Zero, challenges you to a game he/she likes to call the "Nonary Game." You obviously have to try to escape. Throughout the game, scenes are mostly intense with a few breaks for laughs or feels. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if you have a Vita, PS+, and some time to kill, Zero Escape is fucking fantastic. It's been out for a while - Not like that fucking matters -, but once you actually play it, you'll get sucked in.

It's also got a bunch of sciency shit for all you smart people out there...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Is it weird that this game allowed me to understand Quantum Physics way more? Like... Now I''m sitting here saying, "Holy shit! I know stuff now!" lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Play quantum conundrum. Sure no feels in it but the puzzles are great. 

So if I ever get a vita ill play it (i won't get a vita. I want ps4 Wii u and new pc first.)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Eh... Already played it. Didn't like it very much. Too... Portaly...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 am

Just got one of the endings... Fuck...

Zero Escape - Clover End:

I mean, most of the path that I took is bonding with one person in particular, Clover:

Towards the end, she tells you just about everything about her life. Everything that was important to her. Everything that hurt her. The fact that she's been in every single Nonary Game... She has to keep fighting. Keep pushing so that she can finally escape from the hell that is most of her life so far. Then, she remembers something and runs out of the room to tell her friend and coworker, Alice. You keep investigating the room and then decide to head out to find the rest of the "prisoners." You see another girl, Phi, but she looks like she's out of it. Kinda zoning off into space. You ask her where everybody went and she points to the elevator. Once you use the elevator to reach the second floor you look around the facility, but find no one. Finally, you run to check the infirmary. You enter only to find that everybody is dead. All of them, stabbed to death, blood everywhere. Your character, Sigma, suddenly gets dizzy, grabs a medical blade that was laying on the floor next to the bodies, and slits his throat... The End. 

And that's Clover's end. That's the fucking end you get for bonding with Clover. Jesus. I need to play something to cleanse my palette... 
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top