(THE MIST UPDATED) Unleashed! Project.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(THE MIST UPDATED) Unleashed! Project.

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:32 am

NEWS: 

-The Mist is going through a new re-design. Expect him to show up in all his robotic arabian glory. Just try not to breathe in his fumes.

- Will have lines written out for a few characters for anyone interested in voicing a Fighter.

-------------------

Hello all, a few of you may be aware that I've been drawing some characters. Well here's the intention.

I'm also attempting to make a fighting game of my own. So far I have maybe two or three characters left to complete my roster of victi- er... competitors...

If anyone is interested in making sprite models/animations for the characters feel free to send me a note on here or my deviantart account: http://faybos.deviantart.com/gallery/35842534

Here are some characters featured from my gallery:

If anyone is also skilled in concepts for stages it'd be a great help! These stage are larger than the average stage and there will be interactive objects/traps involved.

-----------------------

Here's a list of the people I need:

Concept Artist (Stages, Menu, Character Select, etc.

Sound Technician (Sound effects, Stage Music, Voice clips, etc.)

Sprite Artist/Animator

Co-Writer (Story, Rival sequences, etc.)

Programmer (Menus, Screens, Character Select, etc)

Voice actors

I hope there are people up to the challenge! It's going to be a wild fighter. I'll get more into the details later on.
-----------------------------------------------------

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

The Mist

Nationality: Arabian

Occupation: Father (when he was Human), Xiox Corp. Assassin or "Cleaner".

Fighting style: Dhalsim/Smoke/Twelve inspired fighting style

Background: The Mist wasn't always a machine. He was a man long ago who had a family; his wife and son. During a raid from US forces, his village was destroyed in a bombing; killing thousands. Mist had kept his family safe within a secret storage room he build in case of a natural disaster. Sadly, US troops stormed his town and broke into his home. They discovered his secret room and immediately began interrogating him. When he refused to speak the soldiers executed his wife and son before his very eyes. Broken and defeated, he hung his head without saying a word. The soldiers then proceeded to beat him mercilessly and began to torture him. When they were finished, all that was left of him was his bloodied torso and head, still gasping for air. 

Suddenly, a chopper swooped in and the soldiers were immediately shot down and slaughtered. Mist continued to stare up at the sky thinking this was his last time on earth. He then blacked out.

When he came to, he found himself floating inside a tube. His eyes darted around the room for any kind of clue to where he was, both shocked and terrified of that fact he was still alive. One of the signs on the wall in front of him read Xiox Testing Chamber. Before he could react he fell unconscious once again. After what seemed like an eternity, he felt his eyes open in a new light. He could see things clearer than ever before and felt as if his body had recuperated. He could even feel his arms and legs! However, he soon came to the realization that this was not his body. He looked down to see hundreds of cables plugged into his abdomen and chest. He could see his own beating heart inside his new chassis. His body from the neck down looked entirely cybernetic. He started screaming, only to find that his voice was gone. A doctor stepped over to him and grinned at him in a creepily vile manner. "Have a nice sleep? Congratulations, you've become a number one candidate for our little project. Needless to say you're not really human anymore so much to say that the only things left of you now are your heart and brain. You now belong to Xiox Corp. and once I hit this switch, you'll be under out control." the scientist sneered. Mist's eyes widened and he ripped his arm out from the restrains, his hand forcibly gripping the man's skull and crushing it. Before he can make another move he felt his entire body stiffen. He couldn't move. "As my colleague was saying..." Another doctor appeared. "We need a "sweeper" so to speak for our little upcoming tournament. You are now under our control so try not to resist. Should anyone in the game suddenly get too comfortable with their chances of winning... you will be dispatched to eliminate them. Now, tell me, Mist, would you KINDLY drag my assistant's body into the trash? I've been looking for a good excuse to usurp him as head doctor." The scientist laughed dementedly. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Mist fights with cybernetic enhancements. He is able to stretch his limbs and he is able to manipulate the mist he creates through the metal pours of his metallic frame. Don't blink, you just might miss him ripping your heart out.

Unleashed, Mist (c) Me.

Last edited by Fabsta1994 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (THE MIST UPDATED) Unleashed! Project.

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:50 am

Dude, the Mist and MixMaster. 'Nuff said... lol

I see a few resemblances in your character concepts that remind me of Mortal Kombat. Are you using that as somewhat of your inspiration for those characters?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 am

Pyro-Hem wrote:Dude, the Mist and MixMaster. 'Nuff said... lol

I see a few resemblances in your character concepts that remind me of Mortal Kombat. Are you using that as somewhat of your inspiration for those characters?
Glad you've taken a liking to those two! Mixmaster is a character I've been meaning to bring to a fighting game for quite some time. Mist is someone I've been fooling around with recently, I feel like I'm close to figuring out his final design.

I'd be lying if I said Mortal Kombat wasn't one of the things that influenced me. What do you find resembles it?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:24 am

The female characters' outfits have somewhat of the same type of MK style as those like Katana, Jade, and Syndel. Just the idea of 'The Law' reminded me of Striker. And Jack, although he doesn't look very much like it, has a similarity to Scorpion and Sub-zero, but maybe that's just cause he's holding a human head and spine... lol.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:42 am

I saw a resemblance to Mortal Kombat with the females as well, but that's not a bad thing. We all take inspiration from somewhere. Good work!
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unleashdude32 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Im suprise because i thought the topic was about me. (my username)
Unleashdude32
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Unleashdude32 wrote:Im suprise because i thought the topic was about me. (my username)

Sorry if I confused you. Cat face

Pyro-HemThe female characters' outfits have somewhat of the same type of MK style as those like Katana, Jade, and Syndel. Just the idea of 'The Law' reminded me of Striker. And Jack, although he doesn't look very much like it, has a similarity to Scorpion and Sub-zero, but maybe that's just cause he's holding a human head and spine... lol.

Spot on. Law's only real thing from Stryker is the "Swat" on his chest. Haha, you think so with Jack eh? XD

Last edited by Fabsta1994 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unleashdude32 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Lol it's fine xD i love the drawing btw. :)
Unleashdude32
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Thank you, there are more characters to come. Now what I really need at the moment is someone with skill in spriting.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:06 pm

oh i thought this was about the Unleashed project for sonic generations still nice art
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 am

I see my title is very misleading... Maybe I should call it something else. Or use a headline...
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top