Monsters University

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How did you feel about Monsters University?

100% 100% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Monsters University

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm

So I finally got to watch the movie today. I've waited over a decade to see a sequel to this. I might've also wanted an Incredibles sequel for almost as long also, but truth be told, I liked Monsters Inc just a teensy bit more (they are still both close to my heart for life. Toy Story's still my top Pixar movie for sure though). After walking out of the theatre and arriving home, I actually myself... disappointed.

...Disappointed that this didn't come SOONER! I freaking loved it! It was at least on-par, or maybe even a bit better than the original for sure, although I believe that they both accomplish feats in their own respects. People were disappointed that this wasn't a direct sequel that showed Boo grown up and I could understand that, but that'll be the last thing on your mind after seeing it. The reviews can honestly go suck it, you really need to judge it for yourself in all honesty. And like I always say with Disney movies, you should not judge it based on trailers or its cover completely whatsoever, because time and time again they prove to be much more improved than they look (except for Cars. But Cars was... well Cars).

Now if you excuse me, I'll be watching Monsters Inc. online for the 3,968,706th time. I'll be crossing my fingers for Pixar worlds to get into Kingdom Hearts III also, with Toy Story, Monsters, Incredibles, and Up being my top candidates.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters University

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 pm

havent seen it yet but i want to i have 1 question is randall back in it?
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Yes. He's actually one of the major characters in it like the first one.

EDIT: Actually, just scrap what I said. I wouldn't say that he's major like in the first, but to prevent any spoilers as much as possible, just see the movie to go find out.

Last edited by Count Mario on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:18 pm

I wouldn't say he's as major as he was in the first.

I saw this recently too. I really liked it. The only thing is- and this is no fault of the movie itself, as it does nothing wrong- is the legacy. The original Monsters Inc was given so much heart because of the relationship between Boo and Sully. This one didn't have it, of course. But it doesn't hinder it. The first movie is just more memorable and effective.
This movie does have cool things in its own right though. It was well worth the price of admission.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Honestly, that's where I disagree surprisingly. I mean, of course Boo brought in many emotional moments in the original that made it memorable, but what gave this installment its own identity in my eyes was Sully and Mike's growing relationship and character development, as well as the development and teamwork of the main supporting cast. 

This subject is really all up to perspective and I completely respect yours, but I didn't even think of or miss Boo once during that movie. In fact, I actually came out thinking that Pixar was triumphant in making this prequel despite everyone wanting a direct sequel with Boo involved. Although I still see and remember what Boo brought to the original Monsters Inc, which is why like I said in my OP that I believe they accomplish feats in their own personal respects.

But regardless of that, I'm still glad that we both agree that it was a phenomenal movie. And yeah, I could've worded the "major" thing a bit better. Perhaps reoccurring would be a better fit for Randall's role.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 pm

I loved the original monster inc movie. It was my childhood "watch a million times" movie (along with spykids lol) and soo when going out to see WWZ with some friends today.. we kinda went to go see this as well o.O and surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Seeing a bunch of the old characters return (even for random appearances) was great. It definitely does justice in keeping the crazy monster idea theme going Tongue Sackboy My favorite part was 
say no to spoilers guys... they tear at your soul D::
when sully and mike were trapped in the real world by the lakeside. It was just a great scene in my opinion (visually speaking)
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Agreed regarding favorite scene. But what really sold it was when
Spoilers are NO GOOD!:
Sulley said how he just acts scary, but he's always terrified.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top