tekken revolution

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: tekken revolution

Post by DP on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 am

So does anyone know if it actually plays like Tekken? I'd assume it's a more casual version in most ways, probably easier to pick up, doesn't completely require a fight stick for players to be good, etc.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:48 am

Even though I've only played Rev, I can safely say that it looks just like a regular Tekken game to me. Albeit, with more or less balancing, depending on how you feel about certain attacks having "Invincibility Frames." I'm fine with them as it gives me something else to think about rather than being as aggressive as I normally am in Fighters.

Other than that, the only thing missing is most of the characters, which have been confirmed to get added in through updates.

EDIT: Almost forgot about the leveling up of character stats. Gotta take into account the kind of game you play for those, while also thinking about what your enemy will have for their stats.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 am

its old school like 4 or 5 meaning no unfair juggling more straight forward but has a layer of complexity with the game...kind of like Pokemon...but tekkens always been hard to learn for beginners but still fun enough to try and learn
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

PSN : Izar22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:09 am

One thing I will say: Don't fight against people across the freaking world... Not because they're good, but because sometimes the lag will get the better of you. 

Other than that, online runs super smooth (Better than the likes of a certain brawler on PS with PS icons as the characters... God, I can't wait for the new Gaikai servers...)

EDIT: BTW, the game looks much more crisp and clear than TTT2 was, but the new lighting system makes certain stages look like the inside of a pumpkin... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 am

lol..ya but I fight em anywayvcause...i beat em anyway lol...theres also a dead or alive free to play game coming In September
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:45 am

Yeah, but I heard that it's gonna work like Killer Instinct, in which you pay for each character you want (I believe each is $3).

You do start off with Ayane though, and that's all that matters to me... Well, maybe LeiFang too... And Pai... Shit...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:10 am

So, with King, some players have taken advantage of low connection. They just keep using low kicks and since they only have one bar, whoever you're playing as doesn't react fast enough with what you're doing, causing you to just get stuck in a fucking loop... 

And I thought Law spammers were bad, but Law spammers I could actually deal with and punish... This... Can't do shit...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:24 pm

learn how to low parry its just diagenol down...its alittle tricky to do though...use a jump move that'll punish them
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

I know. I tried everything against the player (Fought him 3 times, which was apparently more than anyone has fought him cause everybody else would just leave), but you can't move. You get locked in the hitstun which is made longer due to lag.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:09 pm

well with people like that usually just leave or tell me to come over and destroy him if I'm online lol
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 pm

lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 pm

It's been announced that if Tekken Revolution keeps getting supported by fans and the downloads continue, then they will port it over to the Vita. 

Also, characters are on their way soon.

Here's a link to the stuff that will be added in future updates. To me, it looks like it's gonna have just as much content as any other Tekken fighter would after updates.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/13/updates-way-tekken-revolution-include-characters-game-modes-additional-stages-and-customization-option/
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:16 pm

awsome I'm exited...ooh and my. Connection problems are gone....everyones afraid to fight me cause I'm a high level and I have 258 wins so far and most 26lvl people have like 100 and its the highest wins I have seen of anybody I played...so....idk lol
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:58 pm

okay i just downloaded this and things happen. 

Jin and Xiaoyu added 
free various boosts cause were over ONE MILLION DOWNLOADS! 

yeah. i slipped back into kazuya and started sucking still. i can't eve n do the wind god fist properly yet. my fingers slip. apparently theres an electric version. and then devil stance.......
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Wait... IZAR?! Y U NO TELL ME THEY UPDATED IT?! I would've gotten back into it after not playing it for like a week...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:28 pm

it was a july 1st update. izar dies every second month only to get resurrected. we will see him in august.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Played one match. Unlocked Xiaoyu right after. That one match gave me 100 gift points, but then beside it it said "BONUS!" and multiplied that by 10. Holy shit. 1000 free gift points... lol

EDIT: Also, what the fuck am I gonna do with the million G's I now have? Other than leveling up Asuka's stats, I ain't gonna be using the money for anything else... Unless I unlock another character and end up liking them...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

If you like asuka you will like Xiao and her parries but if he's added heihachi is the number 1 parrier...he won't be long he's in arcade. 

apparently when you fight somebody good asuka is useless yet izar swears by her idk. Alls I know kazuya is considered boarderline broken. Kat style. Just like in ttt2 and sfxt he's top tier....and I can't use him. Sure I'm better with him and law than the rest of the cast but I just suck I general...
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm

That devil stance man... Jesus... Being on the opposite end of that, you just put your controller down and say "I'm FUCKING DONE!" lol

But even so, I did kick this one Devil Kazuya's ass pretty hard before he won by a single lucky critical. Just hold them in combos as long as you can... lol

As for Asuka, she isn't a good offensive fighter. But if you can master your defense and use openings to your advantage, you can seriously pwn the other guy. Not to mention one of her counters or grabs already takes away a SHIT TON of health. Add some points to your power and BAM! 5% damage upgrade. Hell, maybe even 10% upgrade if you're only raising the power levels... 

Also, don't talk to me about Law... All people in Ranked do with him is the invincible kick and high flying kicks... Neither of which can be hit out of by anything.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:04 am

I always love law but I haven't tried him in this game. Still trying to get Kaz down in a way so that I can go online and not die.  I mean sure online is scrubby as fuck but I again can't do EWGF....and devil stance morph is horribly unsafe. But worth it. You know they added that in ttt2? And kaz was already great. 

Thing with asuka is if you miss a parry your fucked and get smacked with alot of damage. plus with bounds and shit removed she's a lot worse than in ttt2 where she is average at best. Lili is higher this game but poor alisa high tier in t6, low in ttt2 now mid tier in this.

but do tiers matter in this "besides kazuya being broke" cause well its not exactly competitive.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Playing with Xiaoyu is pretty fun. Somewhat different from Asuka, being more on the offensive side. And although she is small, she's got a lot of really good long range attacks to keep enemies away. I was playing Ranked matches and decided to give her a shot. After getting some of her moves down, my opponent couldn't even touch me. I either kept him too far away, or got him stuck in combos that I did on the spot.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Told you would like Xiao. You should wet your pallette and try everyone
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I've tried everyone except for Law. Unlocked Leo (BORING!) and Xiaoyu (FUN!). I used to like Jack, but, after playing others that liked him, I got annoyed because they would just use all of their rocket punches and shit to keep you away.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:38 pm

The best thing about leo was the debate about her gender...yeah its a chic. 

Seriously try law he's pretty cool. Who else do you like?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I was wondering. lol

Out of the characters I have so far, it's just Asuka and Xiaoyu. Perhaps when I unlock more I'll get into them... Or when they release more characters...

Speaking of releasing characters, you can only unlock a few, and considering the fact that Jin and Xiaoyu were just added, that means that you will be missing 2 characters by the time you get the most amount of gift points, which is 60,000. Are they gonna add to that any time soon? I'd hate to unlock a bunch of characters I don't like, only to have a character I do like be stuck in a locked state...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top