Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tekken revolution

Post by DP on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I heard how it apparently works, and it's while it's free to play, it's not really free to play. From what I understand, you have to pay tokens to play matches, and they don't give you enough tokens to continually play, so after a while it costs something like 17 cents per match. And there are only like eight characters, many of which are NOT the series veterans that have never missed a game until now.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Actually it doesn't work like that....u can buy tokena but u don't have to the regenerate after a while buy if ur good like me then u get a premium token if u win while using one u get another I just finished a 45 win steak without paying a dime and the charecters will be updated to the game cause they have xiayu backround and other charecters that sent there....also the main draw to the game is no unfair juggles and u can uprade ur charecter stronger...and the musics awsome
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

PSN : Izar22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 am

Just DLed the game today (I'm a fighting game player so it only makes sense that I do) and so far, from what I've played, it's really fun. There's, of course, the limit to only 2 full Arcades and 5 Online matches a day, but for a free-to-play fighter it's alright. 

As for the characters, or lack thereof, I was never really into Tekken. In fact, the only characters I know from Tekken are Heihachi, Jin, Asuka, and Xiayu. So far, I'm thinking Asuka will be my favorite, but, upon playing, I found that the more matches you beat, the more "Gift Points" you unlock. Those "Gift Points" will actually be used in the future to purchase other characters that aren't already in the game. Pretty cool. 

EDIT: I stand corrected. It appears that Arcade coins regenerate every hour. One coin an hour. As for Online coins, I cannot say, as I'm trying to get a good feel at every character, Asuka mostly, before I start playing online.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 pm

online is 30 mins :) just a tip when u have a premium token left online use it on people you know you'll beat then u keep on goin till you lose...and Bryans my main but the unlockings random so I have Steve and Leo...i like both of em but I love Bryan so I'm getting as much gift points as possible
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:10 pm

a tip with asuka is using her low spin kicks and here parry is the best in the game so use that(she stokes a pose lol)
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Her parry is L1, right? Unless that's just another grab. Again, not a Tekken player. I'm just going off of combos I know from Dead or Alive 5 and buttons from Skullgirls. lol

EDIT: And how exactly do Gift Points work? By saying "at random" it makes me think that it's a random character you get once you get a certain amount of GP.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

u should set up ur controller...use my set up its simple...both punches for l1 then both kicks for l2 and ur r1 should be a throw and r2 should be a kick and a punch...u can change it in the settings then for ur parry check ur command list...or ill find for u if u have trouble...and gift points are are weird..u can't choose but u unlock random characters and premium tickets
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Ah. Alright. Every 1000 GP you get unlocks something, either character or ticket.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 pm

well not really...i wish it was like that..somone figured it out but I forgot ...7000 u get a character that's all I remember...its also diffrent from other people...i just one like 20 games in a row im happy lol my I have 109 wins and in level 20 and that's really good cause most lvl 20s have 40 wins lol
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Well, I got my first character at 1000 GP. Not really someone I like, so sticking with Asuka for now. I've been playing Ranked and Player Matches today and I gotta say, you earn everything really fast so far. I'm sure that changes the farther you go along though.

I've also been using the Practice Mode in Ranked (While you're waiting for an opponent) to learn the moves a bit better. I believe I've got the parry down now.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:32 pm

well it is a extra experiance day lol ya that parry is tough I hate when people use it against melol thats why i told u bout it...i have Tekken 6 so I practice there but I don't really need to....i just like this game better cause no more unfair juggles like in all the newer games its old school..and upgradeing is awsome
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Upon playing online, I noticed that certain people have been using a thing in which they start sparkling and charging up (Which I've punished every time, so I don't ever see what it is that they're charging), but what exactly is that? 

Another thing is that they'll do something and the character will start glowing as if it's added damage or something to them. How do you do that? 

Sorry with all these random ass questions. Since there's no real practice mode or command list in this free-to-play game, I may as well just ask some one, like you, who already plays the game.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Well there a couple glowy things so I'll tellbu all of them...theres rage mode which doubles ur attack when ur about to die its red.alsi ur vigor effects how quickly u get into rage.then another thing is a charge up which makes there fist yellow and just adds critcal hits but if u hit them while there charged up it u get the critacl..then there special moves each character has them ex.asukas charge spin ended with a powerfull quick although there slow so use them carefully...theb there are the things new to Tekken like these"invunerable moves in still confused about them they supposedlybmake u invulnarable for a sec but idk...but there solidbmoves ex asukas doublev kick...then there's the things no one knows about which is premium moves whichboly Kazuya and Lars have right now its just weird effects that do somthing...theyll probably explain it in the future but right now idk
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:31 pm

*to do charge up if u did what I said with ur controller just press all ur back buttons
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Got it. Thanks bro.

EDIT: And can I just say how much I feel like I'm going to hate Law players, right now? lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:44 pm

lol cause that dodge kick ...throught Tekken I've maimed every charecter but steves my best but Bryans my first and fave...laws in the middle...in Tekken 6 I used him like the 7th most...mostly cause he has a Bruce lee costume lol
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

So, apparently, according to every one I've talked to about this games, this free-to-play game exists as more of a demo for Tekken X Street Fighter, which makes sense that these "Invincible" moves were put in cause a lot of Street Fighter characters have them already.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

that might be true idk lol but those premium moves are weird...u should add me so I see how ur doing :)
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Noooo! You'll see how bad I'm doing in the online! lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:20 pm

come on I could teach u a few things lol what are ur asuka stats my Steve is equal high 20s ...i could show u some gangsta asuka combos like backflip kick low kick low kick launch kick...thats my fav ...also there going to add a practice mode so wait for that to come out :)
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Hopefully it's like Injustice, in which you and a friend can both go into the same practice mode. That would be sick!
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:32 am

ur not that bad but ur definately nooby lol jumping so much isn't very smart and using the same throw isn't a good idea cause if I press the same throw I can get out of it so maybe if ur not using r2 maybe put the second throw or learn it lol and maybe learn the simple ten hit combo its a nice thing to learn if ur a newb. Asuka is good trickster with that awsome parry and her attack throws which are her low leg punch that can turn into a throw if the other person moves and her up,sideways triangle which is a punch to the face then smashes it to the grround.....her kicks are really good so use those ...her combos ate basicly jins and Jun combined so there tricky but great and hit high low high low
Izar
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:44 am

Yea. I actually have no idea why I was jumping so much during our fight. My mind was just stuck in the "2D Fighter Air Game" mode. lol. 

As for combos, all I'm going of of is DOA combos, so yeah. Learning some actually from Tekken will indeed help. Haha. 

I can tell that Asuka's more of the Counter/Punisher type of character. Not the greatest hits, but, as you said, if I use all her parrys, grabs, and counters, along with her quick combo chains, I'll get better. 

Well, that was day 2 of Tekken EVER for me, and so far, still liking it.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top