Tom Clancy's: The Division

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tom Clancy's: The Division

Post by BigBox on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:14 pm

I really want this game, it looks like a super fun open-world RPG.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tom Clancy's: The Division

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:39 pm

I was very interested in this and the first thing that came to mind was Watch_Dogs. The UI and such are very similar, but they are almost completely different games. I'm waiting to see more gameplay before I start judging and such.

Also, balls go straight for the women.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:47 pm

I have tried to stop judging games based on performances done at E3 (or other big conventions) due to them being staged (not all) but having myself, played a good amount of the tom clancy games, I have a feeling this will turn out pretty awesome.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:06 pm

It's already pre ordered woohoo. Course i forgot to pre order the bloody console, i know right?
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 pm

A new video showing off tablet integration.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:30 pm

am i the only one skeptical about games like this and destiny? if they work sure but if they don't...................
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm not exactly sure where the skepticism comes from, both of those games look amazing and both of them are from great developers. These two games are definitely something the guys over at GearBox should be taking notes from so they don't fall behind.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 pm

it seems too big to come ar launch. i dunno. something just feels off.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 pm

The Division was pushed back to 2014 and Destiny launches in 2014. I think both of these games will be what they're hyped up to be unlike some games. FF15 to name one, I could be wrong though but from the trailers they've shown. Majority of what's shown is scripted events, or running down a straight path.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 pm

FF15 is kinda an unknown but its KH style combat so its fine.

honestly 2014 is still to early for me, these games seem far too big for launch. i just feel its going to be full of server issues and lag and glitches. i hope not but still.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:56 pm

That is true, not much is known about FF15 but I'm gonna stick with my gut feeling for now until they show more for it.

Seeing as which company they're coming from and that they're working perfectly fine in the demos. I think you're bringing up issues that aren't a problem as you can see from gameplay which is online.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 pm

i can think of multiple reasons and ways where the on stage demo just lies. again my gut feeling is the in private use over longer distances they could be awful. on stage demos often rarely show glitches as well as they are normally not "Demos" at all being pre recorded. ubisoft didn't do this with AC4 and paid the price at E3. as you are sticking with your gut feeling on FFXV I'm sticking with mine on these two. but i hope beyond hope i'm wrong.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Understandable but, I'm not worried because these companies definitely have money to throw behind this games and great publishers willing to give them the time they need. If they give a release date, then I would assume that it will be ready to play by then. If not, then they would simply ask for the game to be pushed back and most likely get it. As for FFXV, I'm sticking with my gut feeling because the game at one point was being developed next to Final Fantasy XIII. I'm sure that both of the games influenced each other in some way.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Bungie has been working on Destiny since 2010, lpool. They make DAMN good experiences in the three years they usually take on games, so if you give them that extra year (plus an Activision budget), I'm sure they can pull it off. And Ubisoft has probably been at this game for years too. This is just that sort of next step from previous, current gen ideas (like GTA V's seamless multiplayer).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 pm

good point about FFXV it is the crack baby of KH and FFXIII. but enough of that

its not the money. Activision could throw money at destiny and Ubisoft almost as much with Division, there isn't enough time to understand the hardware, thats my worry. also Activision normally don't throw money at titles. They Reused a hulk  engine for Prototype and glitches from that 05 game made it into prototype 2. and the there is cod. Ubisoft too rehash ac over and over. the last leap the took was the Animus engine and the first game on that AC3 sucked ass with boundless bugs (I worry about watch dogs for similar reasons.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:23 pm

You do make a good point, but I'm sure that a company like Ubisoft has taken time to fine tune the engine as soon as AC3 was out the door.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:30 pm

I should hope so but for a game this big it will open up new bugs. I have slightly more faith in bungie than Ubisoft. 

That said these are dream games for me. I guess I'm just seeing worse case scenario cause its very rare that doesn't happen with these corperations. My reasoning? Blame ac3.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Activision spends a LOT of money on establishing franchises like Destiny. And the PS4 architecture has been established probably since Bungie started working on it. And Bungie has a great track record on adapting quickly. This kind of stuff that they're doing isn't new. It's just expanded. It's really as simple as removing a menu and establishing a barrier in Division between mission beacons and multiplayer ones, and as making an MMO in Destiny. Not that I'm calling MMO development easy, but its been done many times before on PC, and doing it on consoles isn't hard either anymore. If we were talking current gen, I'd see your point but in this case I have full faith in Bungie. They have the whole say on release date and everything, Activision only publishes this one. Ubisoft I'm still iffy because they're known to rush shit.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Well, It's clear they aren't rushing The Division, the game has already been delayed.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 am

I wouldn't say that yet. I'd argue that a delay for an early-cycle game doesn't mean it isn't gonna end up rushed. Some games are delayed and still look rushed. Ubisoft giving an unrealistic launch window and moving it to later doesn't really phase me as a "they're gonna do fine for sure" thing yet. Not that I don't think it'll be good. Hell, these games could be released unfinished and due to the nature of the next gen consoles, it'd be easy to fix without problems.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top