Bayonetta 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bayonetta 2

Post by DP on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:28 am

That last part is becoming more and more debatable as more people continue to question the validity of TLoU as the game-changer it's made out to be, what with the painfully average mechanics and all. I've honestly shifted my opinion of TWD game because of this; they're both good experiences but they MUST be played in a specific order (TLoU first as it doesn't spoil the experience of TWD the way the latter does if played before the former). The coming Last of Us movie will only further exemplify this when the filler is cut down and the plot explained just as effectively in 2 hours. 

That's entirely off topic though lol. My bad.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:12 am

I'm just gonna say this, it'll be like watching Lord of the Rings.  Of course to cliche plot isn't going to matter, it's all about the journey.

But, we should get back on topic.  We do this a lot. x.x
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:27 am

Yeah, probably something we should work on. No big deal for now. 

I will say that Bayo2's demo was fantastic. I think. I really don't know if I was doing anything other than button mashing. But fighting a giant dragon while climbing a skyscraper and then using a bigger dragon to eat it is pretty fucking cool. Plus it feels MUCH better than the pretty-awkward Wonderful 101 controls.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:35 am

Bayonetta's beat-em-up button mashing is still a lot better than, say, God of War's. As to whether or not it's better than Devil May Cry's, that depends on A. which game and B. the opinion of the player. But by-and-large, Bayonetta is considered the best of its genre.

I can't wait to play it.

Or rather, I can. I didn't complete HW yet and the DLC came out today. I'm like halfway through Oracle of Seasons, I just started LttP, I never actually played Azure Striker Gunvolt, I only got to the 2nd stage boss of Mighty Gunvolt, I only beat Junk Man so far in MM7, I didn't start MMX1 or 2, I'm only at the Mine world of DKCR3D, I need to play more Mario Kart 8, and I never did get around to beating Assassin's Creed 4.

But you know, other than that.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:15 pm

is this a topic about bayo 2 or the 2014 awards im confused
and if it is about the awards then im suprised noones mentions SOM or the new borderlands game both of those are contenders.

besides i have no idea how the awards will play out if the gamers vs the press thing still isnt sorted out.
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Ok i really wanna play this game.

It isn't a legit contender for GOTY imo ALTHOUGH IT FUCKING SHOULD BE! Unfortunatly its not niche enough to be considered artsy like TWD or a better example Journey or SotC (Not dissing any of those games) but not mainstream enough to get credit for the sake of it like TLoU.

but given how much i loved Rising i want the bundle bad. i wasn't privileged enough to play Bayo first outing, something i wanna rectify.

As for other GotY shit, mainly Far Cry 4, DPs kinda right. it's not really sequalitis, more so it won't top the amazing 3. sure it might fix its, rather slight problems, but they will have a hard time making the environment feel exceptionally better than FC3's and topping Jasons struggles as a protagonist and, more importantly, Vaas.

Vaas is legitimately on Glados or Handsome Jack levels of awesome villain (And he wasn't even the main one) so trying to outdo their previous efforts is nigh impossible

but thats off topic. YAY!

so yeah....can i has a wii u to play this...and Hyrule warriors....and smash...
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:49 pm

I...I can't believe this. 

Nintendo's metamorphosis is complete. 

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/92068/nintendo-teams-up-with-playboy-to-promote-bayonetta-2/

They partnered with Playboy to advertise Bayo2. I...I don't...wat
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Is it just me, or does she look like Bayonetta and this is the best cosplay ever for the franchise? x.x
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm sorry, I have to point this out. 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/heres-how-the-bayonettanintendo-costumes-were-designed

First, the Nintendo Bayo costumes only came about because according to the costume designer, Kamiya came up to him and said "Hey. Draw Bayonetta in a Princess Peach outfit for me. Thanks."

Okay, not too irregular if you think about who Kamiya is. Then, THIS happened:

When the designer made Link's costume, he made it conservative because it felt weird. Nintendo then said, essentially, "Hey, show more tits."

Nintendo -> Tits. Let me say that again. NINTENDO -> TITS

...This has been one hell of a year for them.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 pm

and now i am ded and have gone to heaven and i don't even believe in that place
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:59 pm

No Fox McCloud costume? :(

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:30 am

hopefully this means the big N is more accepting of mature games
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:32 pm

It's not Nintendo that we really have to worry about mature titles, it's the majority fanbase that don't like mature titles that as to be worried about.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:43 pm

I wouldn't say that. No More Heroes was one of the Wii's better selling titles and one of the three or so M-rated ones. 

Now I would say that Nintendo is aiming to draw in a mature audience to prep for next gen, because they finally realized that legacy can't double down on the Wii line. I think that Bayo is a good step in that direction, diversifying the Wii U lineup to appeal a little bit to everybody. Since Microsoft is gone after this gen, and Sony is sort of pushing toward a universe where they don't need first parties much, Nintendo might be prepping for a 1v1 situation come 2019. If they can plant the seed for a growing audience now, and release a console that PS360 type fans can hop on (with third party support), they might have a chance to not get totally shitslammed by a hypothetical PS5. (Assuming Sony releases a PS5 and that they keep fighting enough this gen so as to not just cruise to victory a la PS2, and that Microsoft's recent fighting doesn't turn it into a beloved underdog.)
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top