Bayonetta 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bayonetta 2

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:55 am

HOLY FUCK! I mean... Look at this game! Look at Bayonetta and all her epicness! I may not be getting a Wii U right away, but I'm fucking pumped for this game. Just... Just... LOOK AT IT! It looks like they completely fixed the framerate glitches, they changed her hair so it wasn't as odd looking (Although I didn't have a problem with the old style, this new one is way better), and it's going to have freaking multiplayer? Multiplayer that will most likely be 2 people playing through a co-op campaign? Sold. FUCKING SOLD! Platinum, stop releasing good games... You're draining away at my wallet. 

Just look at dis GAMEPLAY:
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bayonetta 2

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 am

yeah i agree i hated the old style of her hair it was just ridiculous i usually called it the marge cut
and the combats just gonna be awesome
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am

I'm seriously aggravated about the fact I can't play a sequel to a game that was playable on my playstation. It's very troublesome that I'd have to buy a new system to play it. I don't plan on getting a WiiU anytime soon but this is a real punch in the gut.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Hey, without Nintendo this game wouldn't exist, let's give them some credit too, Pyro.

If this game lives up to its current showing, Nintendo may have found its system seller with the hardcore audience.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:15 pm

As DP said, without Nintendo's support this sequel would have never existed. Platinum wasn't even planning on making a second Bayonetta, but Nintendo gave them an offer and they followed through. 

Yeah, it's a little bit aggravating to see a game you really liked have a sequel exclusive to a system you don't own or weren't planning on getting, but it happens. 

@dragon, Although the new cut looks good, I'm seeing a problem in that the rest of her hair isn't connected to her head now that her hair is short... That is, if you understand the fact that her entire outfit is made out of her hair.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:32 pm

How many people will have Wii U?  And, how many people will actually play this because it is Wii U exclusive?  With the way Wii U sales have been, Platinum Games didn't think this deal over.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Honestly, I think that this is more of the heavy hitter of the WiiU. Nintendo, looking for a good game that the more hardcore gamers are into, was just trying to get something that would make more and more people buy their system. And, to me, Bayonetta 2 was a perfect choice because the first game had so many fans. Not to mention there's people like me who buy every game developed buy companies we like, whether it's our type of game or not... lol.

But again, Nintendo's trying to pull a more hardcore crowd to the WiiU. Bayo ain't on the system to let all the kiddies that have the Wii U play with her; she's there to attract more mature gamers to climax with her...

derp
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I know they didn't have enough money to make this game.  But, they would probably have been better off cancelling something and putting the money towards that to multiplatform.  Or, putting up a kickstarter and going multiplatform rather than exclusively on the Wii U which has seen better days.  Although, the Nintendo argument is valid but it's only one game and not valid to Platinum Games.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:48 pm

I don't think Platinum cares all too much about how much the game sells... I mean, they're getting payed money by Nintendo to make it. Whoever buys it will just add to that money. 

Also, did I tell you how pumped I am for this game? derp
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Microsoft's doing this exact strategy with several XBO games, including Sunset Overdrive.  The developers don't care about sales royalties on a console like the XBO or Wii U when they're getting paid millions to just make the game.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Pyro-Hem wrote:I don't think Platinum cares all too much about how much the game sells... I mean, they're getting payed money by Nintendo to make it. Whoever buys it will just add to that money. 

Also, did I tell you how pumped I am for this game? derp
i dont think platinum are ever really in it for the money they are just having fun and thats why they are a terrible developer
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 pm

That's why they're a great developer! lol awesome
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Mmmm...
this game is very appealing.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Demo is up now in EU, apparently not yet in NA.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 am

The review embargo just ended. 

10s are flooding in. So far I've seen one review under 9, which was everyone's favorite Nintendoom site, "MK8 won't sell 1 million lifetime" Polygon lol. Just read the review, he pretty much takes off 2.5 points because he doesn't like that the game has sex appeal. (To elaborate more, I'm not even kidding.  He straight up spends 25% of the review saying "I don't wanna stare at her ass.") Gamespot gave it a 10, with Bayo2 being the seventh eighth game ever (allegedly) to ever get a 10, and I'm pretty sure the first since Galaxy 2. So hot damn. GameSpot actually said the only negative is that no hack/slash game will probably ever top it.  That's a bit much (not in terms of accuracy, it's probably true since Bayo1 was probably the winner until now, just in terms of overzealousness), but then again everybody was about over-the-top about Bayo1 love too.

Edits are all crossed out and replaced with the factual info.  Unless Dragon Age blows minds (it won't), we've probably got our GotY.  Far Cry 4 might get a few awards too, if the short devcycle didn't do much in the way of making the game only slightly better.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 pm

The Evil Within has a better chance of winning GoTY than B2.  Aside from the fact B2 won't have the install base of TEW, TEW is just a very hard game to top.  Will B2 get nominated?  Sure, will it win?  No.  As of right now, the GoTY is going to be a first fight between TEW and Farcry 4.  Even Super Smash has a better chance of winning GoTY.

P.S: If Japan's 0.04m sales are any indication of how it will do, the game will be lucky to break 1m units counting up North America, Europe and the rest of the world.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:40 pm

I would give that theory credit if not for the fact that The Evil Within struggled to get even 8/10 from most reviewers. Are the reasons for low scores valid? I didn't think so. But there's no way most sites vote on a game that they gave a shit score to. I see Far Cry 4 hitting 88-89 on meta with a bunch of reviewers knocking off points for not changing enough. It'll still get nominated, but unless DA3 destroys everything, it'll be down to Bayo and (Doubtfully, since it's last gen) Dark Souls II. Smash doesn't have a chance even if it gets nominated; those games never win. 

Also, Journey of all games shows that scores=/=sales, being the only other GotY to not break a million at the time of victory. Bayo almost definitely won't break a million, though that has nothing to do with the Japanese numbers, since it approached 2 million the first time around without Japan's help. (for some reason Japan doesn't like either Bayo game but they go apeshit for DmC).
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Most places don't go by sensible things like reviews, award shows like Spike TV's go by game sales and hours.  How do you think Skyrim beat out U3?  Because it was a better game?  Not even close.  Same goes for MGS4 and GTA IV.  GTA IV didn't beat out MGS4 because it was better, it beat out MGS4 because it was popular.

Bayonetta 1 reached 2 million multiplatform, there's no way an exclusive game that has made many very angry about it's exclusivity will repeat. The chances of it doing better than the original is around probably 5%.  Nintendo should have never brought B2 back from the dead.  It's a great game, don't get me wrong.  But, it's the kind of game that we'll remember for how good it was ten years from now.  After Platinum stops making franchise due to how poor B2 did.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:23 pm

You listed the least reliable award show as your example. Skyrim won because it was a fan vote for VGAs and it always has been. Twice as many people played Skyrim as Uncharted, that's the reason it won. That didn't stop Uncharted from winning several awards in actual quality-based GotY awards though. 

As for GTA vs. MGS, that came down to a coin toss in most cases. Nobody would argue that GTA is the better game today, but in 2008 it was damn close because of how big something like GTA IV was for the industry - there's a reason it was the highest rated game in the modern era. The same will happen between TLoU and GTA V in a few years when they're both aged a bit more: The winner will fall by the waysides as the genre develops and the runner-up will get the credit it deserved.

That said, that's incredibly off topic lol. OT: I didn't mean to sound as if Bayo2 would perform like the first did, as it will 100% for sure trend below 1.2 million (that being the most optimistic highball estimate anybody could legitimately consider). I don't think it'll break 900K. I was just saying that its success in Japan has never been indicative of its success worldwide. Platinum has nothing to worry about with Bayo2 either as Nintendo already funded the development in full after Sega pulled out halfway through. There's no investment on Platinum's end, and it's low risk high reward for them. Worst case scenario the Bayo franchise ends up abandoned again; best case it wins GotY, Platinum gets recognition for their insane ability to cater to all three consoles at once, Nintendo greenlights a third Bayo because why not, and they get more deals in the long run. I expect somewhere in the middle: No Bayo3, but Platinum gets that recognition and continues making excellent games on all three consoles (Scalebound sounds really damn cool even if it's XBO exclusive). They've got like six hundred games in development at a time lol. 

Either way a game like this can only benefit Platinum, especially if it pulls GotY from at least a third of the major places.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:10 pm

I don't remember the VGA's being a fan vote.  But, you are right that Platinum won't lose anything on this deal.  However, what meant was exactly one of the things that could happen is more than likely to happen.  I don't see B2 winning any major GoTY awards, maybe some low key ones, but that's about it.  The reason I don't see it winning any of the major ones are because of games like Far Cry 4 and The Evil Within.  Although, I'll place my bet on Shinji's game since it seems like he was able to strike gold twice with the Resident Evil 4 formula.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:08 pm

DP wrote:I would give that theory credit if not for the fact that The Evil Within struggled to get even 8/10 from most reviewers. Are the reasons for low scores valid? I didn't think so. But there's no way most sites vote on a game that they gave a shit score to. I see Far Cry 4 hitting 88-89 on meta with a bunch of reviewers knocking off points for not changing enough. It'll still get nominated, but unless DA3 destroys everything, it'll be down to Bayo and (Doubtfully, since it's last gen) Dark Souls II. Smash doesn't have a chance even if it gets nominated; those games never win. 

Also, Journey of all games shows that scores=/=sales, being the only other GotY to not break a million at the time of victory. Bayo almost definitely won't break a million, though that has nothing to do with the Japanese numbers, since it approached 2 million the first time around without Japan's help. (for some reason Japan doesn't like either Bayo game but they go apeshit for DmC).
what? the devil may cry reboot did even worse in japan then it did in the states (unless you meant 1,3, and 4)
but i do find it a bit strange that bayo (and platinum games in general sans rising) doesnt do that well in japan i mean it seems like the thing the japanese would love.
maybe it doesnt have enough Jojo references XD
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:30 am

Whoops, I meant the series as a whole. That was autocorrect. 

But yeah, it's for sure winning Gamespot's if they're doing critic vote rather than fan vote, just going by the fact that they don't give 10s. Smash won't win solely because it's the kind of game that only gets 9s because of tradition but aren't ever nominated in the end like Halo. I'll stand by Far Cry not getting it because of sequelitis (not the Egoraptor kind, the "We got this not too long ago and it didn't do enough to improve the formula" kind that hurt TWD2, BF4, CoD in general and most other sequels), and the Evil Within because of reviewer apathy toward it. Again though, I think the critics were a bit whiny when it comes to TEW, so I don't agree with the reviews essentially blaming it for being hard. It comes down to DA3, Bayo2, and FC4 for sure, unless every critic suddenly remembers Dark Souls II was a thing, but the first two barely got awards either.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 am

I don't consider B2 being a contender for anything.  Even with the critics saying "it's too hard," it'll still win double the Game of the Year Awards B2 does.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:06 am

Where? Like, legitimately, where? GameInformer is the only place that gave it anything even close to GotY credit at all, giving it a 9 and saying it was fun. Even GamesRadar, who's been advertising it for months, said "eh." You're really giving the benefit of the doubt to the same group of people that rated GTA IV over MGS4 and continually list Portal as one of the best games ever. If it at least had another major 9/10, I could almost see the justification, but it's just not happening unless every major site revises its review.

For the record, there have been two score revisions in the past year, the only two I've ever seen. One was for Smash 3DS, which got upped a star on GR's five star system because the local multiplayer was buggy for them and fixed itself. The other was Polygon revising DriveClub today because of broken servers, which is total bullshit. But I'll get to that in the coming thread.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:14 am

I still don't see B2 being a competitor, you can have your reasons.  But, TEW is the MGS 4 in this situation, which I hope people get it right this time.  If B2 wins more awards, it'll just reinforce my distrust to gamer outlets until another Last of Us comes to and gets the credit it deserves.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top