Kingdom Hearts III

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you want Pixar worlds included in Kingdom Hearts III?

83% 83% 
[ 10 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:30 pm

PS4: "NO! U NEED 2 SPEND IT ON MEEEEEE!!!!"
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Dem Xbox users better get themselves a buttload of consoles, get a PS3 and 3DS and wait for the collections to get caught up on the story, or just wiki it.

But considering almost every loyal KH fan will go PS4, I don't mind.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 pm

yeah most people will get it on PS4 seeing how it's the cheaper and just all round better one i don't see why i should get it on Xbone
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 pm

DP wrote:There's ironically no confirmation of Wii U, but there was no deconfirmation. The question asking about it seemed to get sidetracked.

Also, KHIII's team is the one working on 1.5HD, and XV is apparently only early in development, meaning I think they're just porting most things with better textures from the running PS3 build of Vs. XIII. No release date lined up for this fiscal year, so look to late 2014 at the earliest. Lastly, no plans for KH games on Xbox other than III, so Xbox users are on their own with the backstory.
So basically, what you're saying is that Nomura pretty much lied or went completely against what he said earlier about KHIII getting started once Versus/XV was at least near completion. What BS (I mean what I posted, I believe what you said wholeheartedly since there's two main KH teams and one is working on the collections with the other on Versus).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 pm

sooo hyped for this
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I think he didn't lie, but that things changed. Since Versus XIII got changed to XV, I think Nomura realized they were fucked on KHIII unless they started it NAO, and thus simultaneous development. I don't see a problem with it, honestly.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah, lie's too strong of a term. Still though, I always tend to hate it when developers go back on their word (even when it works out for me better like now lol) in situations like this. The thing is though that it really did look like both KH teams were too busy start it also, but apparently one of them can handle both the HD collections and KH3 despite contrary belief.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:16 am

Well I think it's just that they're using the engine of 1.5 to start gaming's equivalent of principal photography. That's still technically "in development," and we know that the XV team will start on KHIII in full immediately afterwards. Not sure which. I feel like since 1.5's pretty much done they can easily move the art teams over to III to start everything up while the coders finish fixing shit.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:22 am

They're making 2.5, you know.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 am

well fuck http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-final-fantasy-15-set-for-xbox-one-too
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 am

Square games normally don't just comprise one team's work, though. Don't forget that each game has about 200 developers working on it, and while Osaka Team might be leading the development of 2.5 (which to my knowledge has just been heavily implied and not ever announced formally) and III, they're not necessarily the only ones involved. Sort of like SSM's role, in a way.

Also, Dragon, we already confirmed that in this very thread, I believe lol. I know I mentioned that they flat-out confirmed that somewhere.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 am

FF15 is gonna suck, possibly this to now. Microsoft does that to games.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:50 am

Microsoft has no control as to how FFXV and KH3 are made...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 am

No, but FF15 was being developed along side the original FF13 and that's all I need to know.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 am

If it's being developed on a console equivalent in almost every way technologically, there will not be problems with it.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by NXavier787 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

NXavier787
Tingle
Tingle

PSN : NXavier787

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm

DP wrote:If it's being developed on a console equivalent in almost every way technologically, there will not be problems with it.
Not exactly, everything on the X-Box One is mostly pre-rendered vs the PS4 which isn't pre-rendered.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Most things on PS3 were pre-rendered too, when we first saw games.  That doesn't mean it wasn't as powerful as the 360.

I mean, if you have evidence that this game will be brought down by a console as inferior as the Xbox One (i.e., one that's almost exactly the same in every way technologically, bar very minute processing differences), then feel free to show it.  With only XIII as an example of Microsoft's alleged ruining of games (even though XIII-2 was decided upon very early in development regardless, and most of the excess crap was moved there, meaning that XIII would've been this way as a PS3 exclusive as well), and dozens of examples of games being WORSE on PS3 than Xbox (Skyrim, anyone?), I don't think your claim holds much water.  I mean, XIV wasn't good and it still won't be when the game comes to PS4; the reason for the recent games' failures was because Square Enix wasn't making good games, not because of Microsoft.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I get what you're saying, but even then.  I wouldn't put up big bucks for FF15 at all.  Which it really just seems to be ripping off it's own series big time (FF7).  Which gives fanboys a hard on, but what they probably don't realize.  Is its linearity is probably just as much as FF13 since I don't remember Square saying it's an open world adventure.  I don't expect an open world adventure as much as I expect it to be a hallway.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

A hallway in an action game isn't exactly as problematic as in an RPG known for open-world gameplay.  God of War's essentially a hallway, and this seems to be more in line with that type of game than FF.  I don't blame Square for this, either, because JRPGs don't sell in the West anymore.

Also, I've seen people pointing out the similarities between this and VII, but they've been there since this game was first unveiled, to be fair.  Some people think this will simply tie up the plot arc of VII and expand upon that world from a point far in the future.

My concern is that this arc of games is going to be massive, and I'm not sure how Square can hold up with extended storylines (none of the previous subseries have really ever been good in terms of story...or gameplay, for that matter).  They always end up getting muddied at the very least, and if it turns out poorly, it could end up turning out the same way as Shenmue's unfinished plot.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Well, you can't really compare a Hack & Slash to an RPG since Hack & Slash games are suppose to be a hallway.  As opposed to RPG games which are typically open world games.

The idea of people thinking it's a continued storyline is confusing because it doesn't take place in the FF7 world.  FF15 takes place in the Lightning Saga world, Fabula Nova Crystallis.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Well, vs. XIII took place in that world, yes, but who knows whether that carried over.  You can assume it did, though.  Either way, they could easily find some BS reason to connect it to VII's story if they really wanted to.  Also, that was my exact point about the game being a hallway; if it is, it doesn't really matter because it's much less of an RPG game than other FFs.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Yeah, it's clear at this point that if you want a large open world experience.  Lighting Returns is you best option for that.  And, if you want a linear Hack & Slash title, then FF15 is up your ally.  Also, I wouldn't accept their random connections fact at all.  Since the games take place in two different worlds.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 pm

The VII fanboys will eat it up though.  Well, that or completely rage about the attempt to connect them because the VII fanboys tend to hate XIII.  Then again, most people tend to dislike XIII.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah, and that too.  Even then people also always highly over hate FF games they don't like.  IF they don't like it, it's the worst thing to exist even if they haven't played it before.  Which we all know the top five worst games of all time don't consist of any of the numbered FF titles.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top