[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Real_Radec13 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 pm

So i'm gonna get this tomorrow...how is it?
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Pretty freaking good.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 pm

There is a butt load of Let's Players playing this game. Two Best Friends, PewDiePie, Cry, The Creatures, you name it. So yeah, I've only been watching. Cause I'm broke. So yeah.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Two Best Friends are may fave so far. I like Cry, but I want something to laugh at, but the Creatures are too annoying for me and Pewds... Well... I want to slit his throat.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Best Friends is also my favorite along with Sp00nerism's. He uploaded a shit ton of videos that allows me to at least watch  the story. Plus, his commentary isn't so bad. It's more like he's role playing or something. Lolol
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Everyone's talking about Two Best Friends, and I'm just sitting here waiting for the AVGN movie. what
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 pm

You're gonna have to lame it out like it's X Tekken... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:47 pm

just beat it that ending ... i dont know how i feel about it its strange
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Exact reaction I had to it at first. I didn't know whether it was a good or bad ending. But then I realized, if an ending makes me question things, it's probably good... Unless it's making me question loop-holes... Then it's shit... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 pm

it kinda made me
DONT READ UNLESS YOUVE BEATEN THE GAME:
it kinda made me dislike Joel in the end
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 am

I did feel that way at first too dragon /: but then I thought about it some more and after hearing some other peoples speculations 
SPOILS for days:
it makes sense for why naughty dog made the last of us such a brutal game. They wanted to emphasize that humanity (when faced with survival) are F'ed up and worse then the infected even (david was an asshole) and so joel didn't want ellie to have her life taken in place of the giving the animals another chance. He loved her more than anything. I do admit that the lying part was depressing though. Its definitely not what I would have expected. He just couldn't bare to lose another daughter though

I finished the firefly faction of multiplayer finally o.O it was brutal. I don't know how people can have clan sizes up in the 200's
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:09 am

Exactly! 

Ending Shit That You Shouldn't Read Unless You Want To Be Spoiled:

It made me rethink the way that I thought about Joel, but, then again, he's doing what he thinks is right. Saving Ellie from death. What he isn't thinking about is that there could have been a chance to save all of humanity. But he didn't want to risk it. I mean, if it didn't work, he would feel guilty for everybodies' deaths (Tess, Ellie, etc.) in the game for the rest of his life... And if it did work he wouldn't have anybody afterword, except his brother, Tommy, who already dislikes him. He'd have been lonely for the rest of his life either way, so why not try to guarantee that someone, Ellie, the girl he's found somewhat of a father-daughter relationship, would be with him? 

I will say though... Lying to her about what happened and all was a bit unsettling to me. I really think he should tell her the truth at one point, but we may never see that. It looks like he got a little selfish as he started to care for the girl.

It's his second chance at having a daughter...
Or his chance at turning into the villain...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:28 pm

DAT ENDING:
You know... when you look at it this way, wouldn't the Firefly's have an advantage over the other government? They found a cure, people would rally to their side over the federal government. And what then? The world is still really fucked up after 20 years. Bombings, poverty, infected, war, hunters, bandits, ect. And what about other countries? I'm pretty sure they are under the same shit too. This would take a LONG while before everything starts to go to normal. I'm sure if the FireFlies weren't such huge assholes, I'm sure Joel would have taken a moment to think about it.

As for Joel, I feel for him. Humans are not entirely perfect. We're flawed. The way he reacted only made him human (and also obtained super daddy powers just like that dude from Taken). He didn't want to lose someone else dear to him. He's seen too many sacrifices in his lifetime. I feel sympathy for him than dislike of his choices at the end.
Which is why people consider him crazy.

I also sympathize Ellie. I wonder... I get the feeling that even if the cure would mean the end of her life, I'm sure she would be fine with it. 

In anycase, This game is full of sympathy.... and assholes.

I get the feeling that Joel's and Ellie's relationship will become a little awkward now and after.

Thanks to Sp00n, I can talk about stuff!
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice! lol

Joel Shit and Spoilers:

I do love the fact that you see how people have changed since the beginning of the game. Joel is a perfect example of what people would do. 

In the beginning of all games, most have the impression that they are going to play as the "good guy." This game's ending makes you question who's good and who's bad. You see that Joel tries to do right in a couple parts, but also has his moments when he is the one that you feel is the enemy. If the "torture" that he did to some didn't clue you in on how violent he's become, I'm sure Joel, being able to kill as much as he did, made you feel bad for your human enemies, at least once. And man... Joel doesn't give any fucking mercy in the cutscenes... Broke Robert's arm, choked a guy out while making another watch, beating one dude's head in with a pipe... 

There are parts in the game when I was killing certain people, in which their reactions to things threw me off. It's great that they actually had these things in the game. 

One time, I had grabbed a Hunter and held him to keep the others from shooting me. The whole time I had him in the hold, he was begging, not to me, but to the other Hunters, saying things like "STOP FIRING! You'll kill me too!" or "C'mon guys, don't kill me!" Those were followed up with every Hunter in the area firing at once. Brutal...

Or there's the moments when dudes are begging for you to spare their lives. 

In one battle, there were two dudes left. One of them found the body of one of their comrades that I had stealth killed. He immediately got wide eyed and said "Oh shit... We're fucked man!" looked around for a few seconds and ran to the other end of the hall, leaving the other open for me to get. I got caught trying to stealth kill him and instead shot him down, then realized that the other dude saw. But instead of coming after me, he ran. I caught up to him only to see him freaking out and telling me that he was done and to spare him. But you know how I am. Pop.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that Joel is a killer, but that's because that's what the world calls for now... 

Also, HOLY SHIT I like to talk about this fucking game! lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Ending causes discussion:
Indeed. Dat immersion. I always like Naughty Dog's attention to detail in these types of games. Especially in such situations where it questions the main character's motives and beliefs. Look at the time when Joel and Ellie were with Henry and Sam for example. He didn't even hesitate to kill Sam and didn't consider the train of thought that Henry was going thru. I was like, "Damn man... I hope that doesn't foreshadow anything." 

It's a pretty brutal game. Hits you where it hurts.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Finally got the game today, only played past the intro scene.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Is anyone else have trophy glitches for this game? I can't seem to get the optional conversation trophy (I know I got all of them because I used the guide book on my second and third play through and still I didn't get it) and here is the really odd one, I got the trophy for collecting all collectibles yet I didn't get one for collecting all of the artifacts. Is anyone else having these kinds of problems or is it just me?
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Collectibles and artifacts aren't the same thing. The artifacts are the Firefly Pendants, while everything else that you pick up are collectibles. 

As for the conversation trophy, I have no idea... I mean, you may have missed one or two by accident or it may very well be a glitch...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 pm

i still need to pick up my cooy.  I'm getting Post-Pandemic.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:30 am

Pyro-Hem wrote:Collectibles and artifacts aren't the same thing. The artifacts are the Firefly Pendants, while everything else that you pick up are collectibles. 

As for the conversation trophy, I have no idea... I mean, you may have missed one or two by accident or it may very well be a glitch...

Actually there is an individual trophy for the Firefly Pendants, Training Manuals, comics, and Artifacts. The Artifacts don't include the Pendants. Artifacts are the notes, maps, letters, recorders, etc. that you pick up throughout the game. I have the trophies for the Pendants, Manuals, and comics, as well as all upgrades for Joel and his weapons. I have the trophy for finding all collectibles and yet I don't have the Artifacts trophy. I have look this up and apparently others are experiencing the same and other problems as well. I love this game but it has quite a lot of technical problems that need to be addressed.
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:16 am

O.O I just had the longest survivor match ever. it was like 20 mins or something and I ended up getting like 7000 gears that match! My heart was pounding the whole time. FLAMETHROWER FTW lol i don't know why people say its garbage
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 pm

I just beat the game.

I know it's already been praised to Hell and back, but I have to say that it's one of the best games I've ever played. Naughty Dog's magnum opus.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 am

Getting my copy in a couple of days here.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Have I got this game yet: no. 
Does it depress me: yes. 
Will I get this game: yes
is it like injustice where you say you will then don't: no. 

So thanks for spoiler tags so I can safely post the funniest thing ever.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Hahaha... That's great.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin