[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Re: The Last of Us

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:00 pm

okay on the reviews front......so many perfects.

IGN, Machinima, Giant Bomb, Sithaxis, Eurogamer (All of em) Gamesradar, Edge, Destructoid. almost everyone that matters.

it is not for everyone. what most reviewers loved has caused Polygon and Gamespot to give them the low scores they have.

Believe it or not i'm waiting for the TGS review, (Although i'm buying this game) to weigh its GOTY chances. however it seems saying its the best ps3 exclusive there is beating out Infamous 2, Uncharted 2, God of war 3, heavy rain and even Journey. at least thats what reviewers are saying. i really want to get this game!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:07 pm

From reading that article, I have a feeling I will be playing the survivor mode the most :P it sounds sooo badass. I understand that every shooter ends up being played in the way the devs didn't intend it to be played but at least it seems like this game won't have the run and gunners achieving anything more than 1 kill then death.
I think the servers should be fine lpool. I do agree that sonys servers seem to have trouble but the uncharted games seemed to have pretty decent servers.

This is one pretty awesome commercial for the game

And heres a pretty sweet trailer that raises my hopes
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:45 pm

i ain't so sure paradise. Servers were one of UC3s main problems (Along with well everything else. ) but i have hope.

Those trailers are good. i had seen the mp one before though.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:13 pm

I didn't like uncharted 3's multiplayer really at all but heres the thing, the last of us multiplayer is being designed by the people who made the UC2's multiplayer (which was better to say the least).

the servers weren't great but we gotta admit.. they are better than a lot of other playstation servers like twisted metal or pasbr.

It seems that a good amount of people on the forums are going to get this game so perhaps we could do some casual private matches when the game comes out? :D
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Actually Pasbrs servers are pretty good but its a fighter so small errors unnoticeable in say a shooter get magnified.

Like in a fighter a stealth mp would have to be really good server wise. we know Sony can do good servers from uc2. So maybe.

it is the only if but and maybe right now. And longevity to keep it on the forefront of our minds until the GOTY awards. Although if the story is as good as they say it is (its praised across the board.) And the combat as good as it is (praised almost all across the board.) Then it may not need it.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Actually Pasbrs servers are pretty good
Oh my god. You did not just say that... I mean, they're better than SSB, but that's all I give them. No matter what, they never seem to handle shit.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:10 pm

have you ever played another exclusive MP game? Pasbrs servers are better than most of sonys other games. but as i said. its a fighter. stuff gets magnified.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 pm

You seem to forget how many perfects BioShock also got, lpool. Let's face it, 10/10s aren't that big a deal anymore. They're still rare, but getting a 10 nowadays doesn't mean shit compared to a few years ago. I'm sure all three of the major contenders will get dozens of 10/10s when all's said and done. It really matters which is either flat-out the longest-lasting game or which has the biggest impact. BioShock, as fantastic as the story was, can be replaced by TLoU if the latter's story is more impactful. GTA V will have a good story as well, but it won't be the main focus as in BioShock; instead, its gameplay will rule the trio's, and I guarantee that. It will also most definitely have the best multiplayer of the three critically-speaking. So really, TLoU NEEDS an amazing multiplayer - one that doesn't just get good scores by pre-release reviews, but also by fans and critics AFTER it launches and the fuck-ups join the fray.

My money's on GTA V because in the end it's a popularity contest above anything. With GTA's launch a month before the VGAs (the de facto fan choice awards for games, as bad as the event usually is), it won't get stale before then as TLoU's very well could (although GTA's multiplayer also didn't really get stale for most people for a few years in IV anyway), and even as polarizing as it was, IV nailed GotY last time around. Throw in RDR and San Andreas before it as the other two big releases fully R* developed, and you see my reasoning.

But this isn't a GotY discussion lol. TLoU looks REALLY damn good. I'm just curious as to how well it holds up over time, since AC's multiplayer also got somewhat ruined by morons quickly.

And Paradise, PSAS's servers, barring host migration (something never before present in a fighter), are very damn good. There's occasional client-side lag, yes, but that's usually due to the connections of the players themselves, not the game's servers.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 pm

I saw this perfect 10 coming from a mile away to be honest.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 pm

I didn't mean to sound like pasbr had horrendous servers or anything. Just like twisted metal, Pasbr plays fairly well once inside a match and the only problems both games face (as dp stated) is the lack of a host migration. There are some hiccups with the matchmaking though and what I am getting at is uncharted 2 didn't have many noticeable problems.

With Naughty Dog having already had the chance to mess around with multiplayer and find what works and doesn't in UC 2 and 3, I am sure they are going to give the last of us everything they got. They aren't known for shelling out crap just for money.

I agree with you dp in your very thought out GOTY predictions lol I personally have never been a fan of gta.. but yeah, i don't have any doubts that it will be winning. It is just to big of a game (much like skyrim) on the hype level for it not to win
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Unlike Skyrim, though, it won't be a game only supported by hype, to be fair. GTA, even though I know both of you aren't fans, can be called consistently top-notch, and I don't expect V to be any different. GTA always beats the hype somehow. I always felt that Skyrim wasn't a huge improvement off of Oblivion, and that combined with the Bethesda lies (it was originally claimed to support 180 unique dungeons and we got, what?, 20?) showed that Bethesda could win off of the coattails of Fallout 3 and Morrowind alone (Oblivion was a complete ride off of Morrowind's coattails IMO).

But again, I cannot state enough that I feel that TLoU will still be fantastic. However, I don't feel it will remain as fantastically-viewed critically in six months. Hell, it's been two months or so, and BioShock's luster has worn off!
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:58 pm

i don't think Bioshocks luster is gonna. its certainly fading but its holding.

i had a rant explaining my feelings on Bioshock and GTA but its irrelevant right now. if i feel like it i will rant about it in another topic.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm

of course not. I wasn't meaning GTA would win purely because of the hype it gets but that will be a big contributor. As you stated above, the VGA really is just a popularity contest which is sad.. What made skyrim appeal to soo many people though (aside from the hardcore fans who felt it was dumbed down) was that they were just wanting long lasting experience and it most definitely did not fall short of that, nor will GTA 5.

If the multiplayer of the last of us proves to be a masterpiece for months, hopefully years to come, THEN it might have a chance at GOTY. After all, Uncharted 2 was able to conquer Modern warfare 2 back when call of duty was praised as opposed to now..

The case with bioshock, I feel, is that it was soo highly rated mostly due to the story (the fluidity of the gameplay was nice too) but simply having a good story isn't going to keep gamers talking about it forever /: unfortunately (unless it was revolutionary like half life or something)
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Well I feel that Infinite's is so in-depth that it could have an entire thesis paper written about it and its connections to the first game, but in the modern gamer's eye, that's not a huge deal. Reviewers won't soon forget it, though, so it can still win in that aspect, just as TWD won last year because of massive reviewer appeal. The VGAs is the one that everyone looks at, though. GTA will most likely win that, unless 4chan rigs it, but the rest of them could very well be split evenly among the three, just like Uncharted 1 vs. BioShock or Fallout 3 vs. GTA IV.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 am

You know that GOTY and people's choice are separate awards at the VGAS/BAFTAS (people here pay attention to that)/ everything ever.

We have no control over GOTY we have our own award to give.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:27 am

GotY's consistently been a fan-voted award at the VGAs. The only award ever given based on peer review was GotD[ecade] last year. Otherwise you wouldn't see so much blind Valve love at the awards almost every year, nor would you see CoD still with a massive shot for each award it gets a spot in.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't want to take away from the E3 glory that was yesterday lol by glory I mean.. sony just made microsoft their official bitch, but here is the last of us launch trailer Cat face

god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Part of me really wants to pick this game up today but the other part knows that if I have it in my possession the Axis video will not end up getting edited and uploaded on Sunday >.> I guess it's better to wait for me, since ND has to patch a nasty autosave bug that's affecting literally everybody.

Also, from here-on out, now that the game has been released, please be sure to USE SPOILER TAGS when discussing the game's story.  No exceptions.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:50 pm

So, for many who have picked up the game already and started playing it, there's a problem. You see, there's a very quick day-one patch that fixes a couple things, but it sadly causes one of the worst glitches a gamer could ever have: No saving. That is, again, not for all players, but many. 

You see, The Last of Us has both an auto save and manual save feature. This glitch makes it so that at certain points the auto-save doesn't seem to work at all. Whereas you can manually save at any time, until that breaks as well. 

I have heard from many that the problem is fixed as long as you are offline (For some god awful reason it appears that PSN seems to be screwing with the saving functions) it should work, whether you got the patch or not. 

Just thought that I'd point that out before you go off and play half way through the game only to find out that you have to start over.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Actually, Pyro, it was confirmed to happen no matter if you got the patch or not.  There's literally no exception to what can cause this, it's pretty much JUST using Autosave while on PSN, regardless of your console, country, patch, disc vs. digital version, etc.  Naughty Dog acknowledged that they're working on fixing it as we speak.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 pm

And as quickly as it started, it is now fixed. No update needed, all it took was a simple tweak in Naughty Dog's servers (Why the servers have anything to do with saving, we'll never know) and everything is alright now. You can all now safely play through the Story without fear of starting over again.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:26 pm

DUDES! I know this is a double post, but when you pick up the game, it comes WITH FUCKING STICKERS!!!! derp
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:09 pm

lol I was so excited when I saw I had stickers Happy Toro naughty dog sure knows how to please their customers! I am loving the game so far :D that first sequence is..
Spoiler:
Gahh Intense
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Luckily my amazon order still hadn't shipped and was able to cancel and bought from newegg for around 45 dollars.

Just saved 20 dollars Kamina
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:44 am

my god.. the multiplayer is sooo much better than I was expecting :D its soo slow paced <3 Naughty dog created a multiplayer where you seriously can not play it run and gun style lol

My only complaint about the campaign is that the AI is a little dumb in some aspects. Perhaps I am just spoiled by the stealth gameplay that hitman gave
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top