PlayStation 4 Discussion

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:42 am

Just wanna point out Sony confirmed they have over 1 million preorders....that's a third of the Wii U's 1st year tally on day one.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:03 am

A Vita buyer buying the game doesn't mean shit, Anaconda. Nobody will spend $300 in total for a year-old game. It's the same principle as Arkham City (and most other third party games on Wii U), bar the accessibility. You should really stop working in extreme positives for Sony products and extreme negatives for most others, it greatly hurts your arguments sometimes. MAYBE hardcore Borderlands fans would get a Vita for it if it has exclusive DLC. The game is one of those you might get as a supporting time waster once you are absolutely set on buying a Vita, and in literally 99.999% of cases that will be true.

Anyway, I'm REALLY surprised Sony let out that many consoles early on. They are just rubbing it in now lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 am

Yeah what dp said. Vita still doesn't have a system seller cause golden abyess was so-so and the rest are niche or bad. They are kinda relying on Killzone and even then. The big thing coming from boarderlands is the support 2k is showing. What does this mean for the future? Bioshock vita? GTA Vita? Who knows?

Its funny cause people are STILL trying (and failing) to place pre orders. Its pretty cool. I personally wanna see X1 numbers before saying much more on the race but this number is in the WII ball park.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 am

Most of the time they hold back all post-50 or 100k preorders into the phantom zone to kick up artificial demand and boost sales at launch. I'd day the Bone is around that (both because of the limited launch areas and artificial demand). I could be very wrong but thatd be my guess.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 am

Admittedly as you pointed out the ps4 is launching in over double the territories. So yeah. But I wonder if the X1 has even that.....
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:56 am

I'm sure it does. If the fucking U maxed out in a month, I doubt the One isn't at 75 at the least. All US of course.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:01 am

The Xbox brand has a pretty big stake in the UK market too. But its not anywhere else. I fully expect. Sony to outsell them worldwide everywhere else. The US and UK are the battle grounds this time.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 am

Sony had half of the PS3 in Europe as a whole, while most all of the 360 is in the US. You are correct thst the UK has a decent market for both but it is a safe bet that changes now that most of the big Bone facets (sports, sports, sports) are US only. After being shunted for so long and seeing the cheaper option in front of them, I'm sure Sony wins the UK. Until the non-Kinect bundle is announced at $400. Then it gets closer again.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:16 am

Emmm not exactly. FIFA 14 comes free with all X1s in EU. So they got their hooks in the UK. Its funny FIFA is partnered with Sony..
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 am

I didn't say that they would be buying it only for that game, Boarderlands 2 would a bonus to the line up of games the Vita has already and is getting.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 am

Of which 3ds has double all of which higher quality and kid friendly. You can't compete with that.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:23 am

I would say the quality of the games are on par with each other. Both systems have plenty of must buy games, I also don't see how "kid friendly" is a point since kids are playing the Call of Duties mainly these days. I can see how, "kid friendly" was a point before the PSOne, but not after.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:You never know, Boarderlands 2 can possibly blow up Vita sales since poeple might want to play that really fun game on the go.
That heavily implies that Borderlands 2 is somehow a tipping point or would in some way be heavily responsible for Vita sales. It's entirely a bonus for assured buyers in all but the very most exclusive of cases. It'd be like getting Gears of War on PS3 now - it is far too late for it to affect a purchase as expensive as a console. Mind you, that's not the most direct of comparisons due to lack of specific, currently-viable examples, but it decently gets the point across.

Also, kid and tween are entirely different markets. While a lot of younger kids play CoD, thst doesn't mean you can destroy the entire label of kid-friendly. These same kids play ONLY trendy mature games. You wouldn't see a kid like that play a non-huge shooter, because theyre not trendy enough, but family-friendly 3DS games are still up their alley. Especially since most of the "kids" are actually in that tween market. It's nowhere near as black and white as you portray it.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 am

A lot of the vitas must buy games flop hard. The ones that succeeded and I think you covered all of em, are nowhere near the quality of some 3ds games. Mario 3d land, animal crossing, kingdom hearts, fire emblem, project x zone no game I've seen for vita compares to these. Even soul Sacrifice or gravity rush or uncharted the three best games on the system. not even close and this is general consensus.

Being kid friendly matters for the under 10 bracket the stuff that gets you hooked. Its about 12 up the kids start playing cod, but a lot still play nintendo.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:40 am

To play Devil's advocate, what New, good IP does the 3DS have? If the Vita had some established franchises on it besides Uncharted, one could make the argument that they'd be equal in quality. And I'm not ttalking ththrowaway franchises like Resistance. I'm talking the big guns. LBPV is easily comparable to some great 3DS games

Actually, now that I'm on the subject, one could argue that the Vita doesn't need those games as exclusive handheld titles because almost every big franchise is cross-playable.

Yes, I just Devil's advocated myself twice.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:46 am

I'm not exactly sure how you're getting that Boarderlands 2 will be a tipping point from my post.  I think that you can't compare two different platforms.  We need to avoid the subject of console gaming and stick to handheld gaming, because that's what the argument is.  You're comparing a stationary console to a portable handheld, I'm sure there's people that want to play Boarderlands 2 on the go.  Is it a large number?  Probably not, but it's a start in the right direction for the Vita in terms of getting software worth the money.

There is a difference between the kid and tween market, it's a major difference.  The kid market is where Nintendo gets majority of their profit and they work well with it.  But, I was just pointing out when comparing the Vita to the 3DS, the kid market isn't exactly a point since the Vita isn't marketed towards kids.  The argument should stay within the confines of what the market majority is, which is usually Action games.  But, I guess that would also be unfair to the 3DS.  The Vita and 3DS argument usually comes down who has the better software and who has the better hardware.  The 3DS has years of software on the Vita to where the Vita is finally starting to catch up in quality exclusives.  But, going back to the Vita's release.  The Vita had a release line-up of games far superior to the 3DS's launch line-up.  I think that once the Vita starts getting all of its big-hitters and crossplay starts to become a thing, we'll see the Vita and 3DS really throw down some fisty cups.  If the Vita wins, the handheld market will change like when the PSOne came on the scene.  If the 3DS wins, the console market will stay the way it is now.  Which is what Nintendo wants, I mean look what happened to their console division when the console market changed.

@Pool:  I'm starting find your arguments less and less compelling, I'm trying to be fair as possible but your posts are completely one-sided.  It may not seem that way for me too, but that's because I'm defending the Vita and can't exactly get to everything.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:14 am

Thinking boarderlands could sell any respectful quantity of systems is rather foolish. You have to be dead set on vita and pick it up on the side for that to be a factor.

a lot of Nintendos sales actually come from their die hard fan base, with the existence of Ipads (i've heard many a story of people asking their kids do they want 3ds or iPad and choosing the latter) the kid market which they no doubt still tap is shrinking.

And as you pointed out the vita had a better launch line up then 3ds which had a year head start.it so happened the big games and price cut hit as vita launched. And you will find few people who. Claim the vitas library is even close to 3ds. I also find it funny how you want to have a handheld only discussion on the ps4 topic and how you want to discuss action games when the best games on either system fire emblem and soul Sacrifice are rpgs.

and unless the vita launches a lot of games they won't catch up. I mean the only two big ones on the way are tearaway which could well flop (i hope not) and mercenary. I'm forgetting some I hope but....

Meanwhile 3ds has Link between worlds and X/Y launching. That's a Zelda game and a morher fucking Pokemon game. That's short term. Long term more Mario and pokemon will launch, maybe more wind waker verse Zelda...ans the vita is uncertain. 

The 3ds quite simply can't be caught at least until the end of the cycle. And with the sales juggernaut that is pokemon its not likely to Change.

and honestly your arguements are fat from fair. You seem to put Sony in a best case scenario which given their previous mismangement if the vita is unlikely and Nintendo in the worst position which is again unlikely if only solely cause of their big 3 games.

I maintain the best way to Market the vita is a tablet for ps4 that can play on the go. Or just bundle one with Ps4 in half a year.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am

Never played Borderlands 2. If they announce a PS4/Vita bundle that will be released before the year ends I will definitely pick up Borderlands. 

Just on a side note, the director or cameraman was a retard at the press conference.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:35 pm

and now i have fully paid off my ps4 all thats left is picking it up :D
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Anything else of note happen at Gamescom?
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm

The Last guardian is tsill in develpment. its just Knack and Puppeteer come first. as does Ragnarok. nopt the game the event

also close Dark Souls 2 beta for ps3.

thats it,
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:57 pm

There's been a lot of new trailers for already announced games but yeah, I think so far, we've covered (by we, I mean Lpool, pyro and anaconda) everything that has been happening so far. 

I am expecting the last of us to have some dlc announced though :D I mean.. they did say in august right?
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, I think Irrational promised BioShock Infinite DLC by May at one point. When it comes to these kinds of games, I sort of just give them time.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:28 pm

one thing we should point out is indies....theres a lot of of indies
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star