Xbox ONE Discussion

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Xbox ONE Discussion

Post by BigBox on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:06 am

Microsoft did what, Sony did in one region in multiple regions.  The PS4 will likely out do this when it finishes up launching in every region in 2014.  However, there's been speculation that Sony included pre-order numbers in their report.  Since, Microsoft is one to include unsold units I'm sure this speculation will rise with them too.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/22/xbox-one-hailed-as-best-xbox-launch-ever-sold-more-than-1-million-units-in-24-hours/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:54 am

To be specific, the Bone hit in 13 countries what Sony hit in two. And these aren't small countries either; I'm talking gaming staples like the UK, Japan, Australia, etc. Of course, Sony released the hounds in terms of shipments while Microsoft maintained the "slow, steady" trickle of hardware availability so that factors in too. It's hard to sell a million when you only release that many.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Actually i'm hearing and seeing XB1s still on shelves. And the Ps4 hasn't hit here yet.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:41 pm

There may be some display models. And yeah, that was what I meant when I listed the countries the Bone hit in while the PS4 has only hit the US and Canada.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 pm

no i mean buyable models. for a console that was released in trickles (And it was) theres ALOT still on shelves.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 pm

can i just say KI is the like the best game to watch ever? because it really fucking is. best game at launch for either console bar none, on either console. when i get my X1 in summer with My PS4 this will be my first game on it.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:42 am

Looks like the people watching over Double Helix made sure not to fuck it up.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 am

There's not a lot to do, but it's a WIP, not to mention these guys wanna add MORE shit for a longass time, like Spinal in January and Fulgore in March. Plus it's pretty balanced (easy enough with 6 characters but still).
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:52 pm

I've noticed that all of the launch titles on the Bone have been explicitly said to be really empty on content. Even DR3. While the PS4 games got mediocre scores, I didn't see too much of that. It's just an interesting thing to note.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Indeed, and only KI is confirmed to be getting more. Plus it comes with KI1 which may or may not get online down the road. 

The review scores average out. Resogun and Killzone is relatively high, Knack low (plus theres the likes of Flower pulling it up but that doesn't count), Meanwhile the Xbone has KI, Forza and DR3 pretty high, Rise at Knack level and its Kinect shit Dragging it down being NOTORIOUSLY LOW! (Improvement my ass) especially Fighter Within and the likes of Crimson Dragon don't help. KI and Killzone Cancel each other out in terms of content so i'd give the edge to the XBone in terms of playable games and content. That said the upcoming games for Ps4 in inFamous, Driveclub and Uncharted not to mention the Order look far more promising than the Xbones line up (If Halo 5 is like 4 they are left with Titanfall.) there is no reason to get either right now though, minus KI.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:45 pm

k so Microsoft announced they have sold 2 Million consoles since launch. thats .1 million less than Sony who launched one week earlier in the States (Not in Europe) and released their sales over a week ago i.e. they sold .1 million more in a similar period of time. whats notable is the following

PS4 has not launched in Japan, where it will win big. 
XB1 hasn't launched in almost 20 of the territories the Ps4 is in but they aren't big Territories. 

so its pretty even right now guys!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm waiting for, Sony to be released in more areas then we'll see the gap grow.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 pm

well Japans the only big one. Given the fact Sony's gonna dominate in Japan but the XB1 has to launch in a lot of areas it will balance out
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:48 pm

I don't think it will be balanced for very long, by the time the next E3 comes and goes I'm predicting that Sony will have a clear lead.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm

sony will have a lead, i don't think its gonna be huge though.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 pm

When both consoles are practically the same thing, it comes down to games. And by E3, the only console wiyh games will be - in a strange twist of fate - the Wii U. One big exclusive does not a console make.

Once Uncharted 4: Black Frag, Ratchet & Clank XIII-2, Sly 5, LBP3, Kratos Returns: God of War Rising Revengeance Again, The Order, (PSAS2? Plz?) a bunch of indie exclusives, etc., all hit shelves late 2014 we should see a wider gap. Halo 5, Forza 6, and other unannounced games (if there really are any...besides Gears 5, I don't see much on the Bone's horizon) probably won't grab new fans like Sony's catalog will honestly. But I expect at least a FEW new IP to hit for the Bone, perhaps Sunset Overdrive (or Sunset Fuse, as it may be changed to in a few months), and others. They could be good, or they could be Knack.

All I know is the first half of 2014 is Nintendo's to lose. If Metroid IS on the way as Reggie almost revealed accidentally, then Star Fox is too. And if they are both on the way for late next year near Zelda, Bayonetta, and X - with Smash, Mario Kart, Cranky Kong Country and others on the way for early 2014 - the whole year could be Nintendo's chance to show they've got the software line-up for a good console (not that the sales will necessarily match)
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Well, aside from that I only see three console sellers in, Nintendo's line-up. Zelda, Smash and Mario Kart. However, I don't think it will be enough to overtake, Sony. Now, I know that when those games came out they sold in around the 10 million unit area, but you have to think about how many Wii's sold by that point. The number of Wii's sold by that point were around 25 to 30 million units. Each release made majority of units already sold, I don't see a significant increase for the Wii U in the coming months that will out do anything we've seen happen to the Wii U already.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:15 pm

DPs right, Nintendo will have the better games next year, bar inFamous IMO. but thats the inFamous Fanboy in my

Anaconda however is right. its gonna do jack shit for em.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Note that I never said the Wii U would come close to either competitor, if you wanna call them that. I said that Nintendo will easily have the best year of the three. Sony and Microsoft could sell five times as many SKUs as Nintendo does; Nintendo doesn't need 100 million Us out there. They don't have a media empire to push like Sony's "Unlimited" brand, nor anything like Xbox Music.

Now let's do some digging. The GameCube jumped from .51 million to 3.8 million consoles in just six months after Melee hit. Add another 3 million in just from Wind Waker - the least favorite Zelda by many fans. Brawl bumped the Wii's figures up by 9 million consoles in the two fiscal quarters that made up its launch, with massive spikes of between 6 and 10 million in the quarters before and after that, respectively. This is mid-year we're talking about, not holiday.

I could keep finding jumps in sales correlating to game launches, but frankly Smash itself makes my point (it brought the Wii from 20 to 30 million sales in six months, and accounted for two massive quarters before and after said launch accounting for 25 million sales in an empty year). I would've included SS in there but I can't find Nintendo's fiscal reports from 2011. Even Pikmin pushed 300,000 Wii us ALONE over the empty software summer Nintendo had, and after an eight month delay. There have been undeniable correlations between Nintendo's launches and console sales. I could even list the 3DS's success story if I wished to dig further, which at this moment I do not.

I'm not saying it'll blow the current big dogs out of the water. I'm making the point that there is good reason to trust the U this coming year. It's putting up fantastic numbers in Japan the last two weeks off of 3DW's launch, and it's not doing too shabbily in the US because of that game either right now. And that's their "launch" title (let's face it, this IS the Wii U launch; a few million people just had year long beta access). Even a port nailed great sales.

I'm expecting we see 10 million Us out there by the end of 2014 if Smash hits when I now believe it will. Possibly 15 seeing as analysts have it at the top of children's Christmas lists here in the US. But I'm expecting the PS4 to end around 20 million next year (I have a gut feeling it'll be higher but my instincts are conflicted on that right now with the unknown Christmas 2014 titles on PS4).
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:33 am

Apparently it's possible for the, Bone's original DRM policies to appear without notice.  A glitch in the system if you will, do you think that this will start to become a widespread problem.  Or, will it only be this one event and never show up again?  Of course, the policies are still technically written into the system's code and are being blocked out by a required downloadable patch.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/17/xbox-ones-drm-suprirses-killer-instinct-tournament/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top