books general yes text only for reading books

View previous topic View next topic Go down

books general yes text only for reading books

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 pm

anyone else like to read plain text books i make a habit to read at least one book a month its fun a great way to pass the time and it makes you more cultured
ok advertisement over hahaha
lets use this topic to not only suggest books to each other but to talk about them as well
after constant pestering from my fiends ive finally decide to start reading the song of ice and fire series of course i wont start till i buy them this weekend but nevertheless i am excited
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: books general yes text only for reading books

Post by BladedgeX on Tue May 21, 2013 1:29 am

It's been a while since I last read a book with just plain ol' text other than assigned novels/novellas like The Great Gatsby and The Book Thief. The last book I ever read on my own will was Atlus Shrugged and that was... 2 years ago. It's too bad the bookstore in the nearest mall was closed. I always went there to read Mangas and the like. Wish it was still there.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Tue May 21, 2013 2:46 am

I just finished reading a book titled "EX Heroes", a zombie book with superheroes. It was a short read, only 260 pages. This is the first book in about a year that I read and I didn't even finish the book I was reading last year which was "Journey to the West". I was about a 1/3 of the way through vol.2 of 4 when I stopped. I had previously read both "The Water Margin" and "Dream of the Red Chamber" so by the time I started "Journey to the West" I was quite tired of read the Chinese classics. Also I wasn't really enjoying the book I much as I thought I would due to the incredible repetitiveness of the story. I stated getting into reading back in early 2011 when I read "The Tale of Genji". I hadn't read a full book since elementary or middle school. I started reading quite a bit from early 2011 to the middle of 2012 when I just had enough. I went through "The Hobbit", "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, the "Crossroads" trilogy, "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" vol.1 and 2, the "Wayfarer Redemption" series, "Taiko", "Musashi", the "Harry Potter" series, the "Crown of Stars" series, the "Inheritance" series, the Castle books(the ones based off the fictional books created in the show Castle), another Zombie book called "Empire", "Blood the Last Vampire: Night of the Beast", and "The tale of the Heike". On the 27th the last book of Kate Elliot's new "Spiritwalker" trilogy comes out and I will be picking up all three books. Kate wrote the "Crossroads" and "Crown of Stars" series', both of which I highly recommend.

P.S.
Originally thought you were talking about just plain ole text books like you would read at school.
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm

I find myself writing rather than reading. I read manga but that doesn't fit under the text based only category. I read my fair share of books when I was younger but I can't recall which ones are truly worth a read. I should probably get back into reading books, but I rather not get pulled into someones world, I have to finish making mine!
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 am

Well, the most recent ones I've read that don't include re-reading the Tolkien Middle-Earth books are The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Great Expectations, and now Romeo & Juliet for English class along with The Hunger Games over last summer. I don't tend to read text-only books (especially when they're for English class because I usually wait until the last minute to catch up lol), but I typically enjoy them when I get to actually read them. I am taking Shakespeare class as my elective for Sophomore year, so I'm likely to do a lot of textless reading then though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top