FUUUU YLOD -__-

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FUUUU YLOD -__-

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu May 16, 2013 12:20 am

guys.. don't laugh, but my ps3 just got the yellow light of death and I had just bought tomb raider today as well Sad Sackboy and I just sold my vita away as well so now I am videogame-less lol any suggestions in solving the problem or is sending it to sony for an overwhelming amount of money the only solution?...

Any of you people (what do you mean you "you people"? Suspicious Daxter ) suffered from it before?
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FUUUU YLOD -__-

Post by Count Mario on Thu May 16, 2013 12:26 am

Anyways, sadly, no, I haven't been plagued with the YLOD. But I've gotten the RROD on my 360 more times than I could count. And I've been grounded for pretty much about three weeks, so I have't been able to play video games since, if that helps ease your comfort of feeling alone.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 am

Am I the only one that hasn't gotten either the YLOD or the RROD? Jeeze... What are you people doing to your consoles? lol...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu May 16, 2013 12:33 am

My 360's just a bitch... lol It's really just based on chance. Although I haven't played my 360 since the end of 2011 so I could care less about it now. what
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu May 16, 2013 12:53 am

well my ps3 has lasted me a good 4 years (I bought it used so it lasted even longer than that) soo i don't blame it for finally dying lol the main problem though is I literally just spent my money on tomb raider and darksiders 2 soo yeah.. I don't really got the cashola to get it repaired or replaced -_- this gives me more time to get myself a job I suppose..

Last edited by god-of-paradise on Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 am

Send it to Sony it's only $120 to fix it or replace it.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu May 16, 2013 2:15 am

$120 would be the cheapest price I have seen being mentioned so far /: but even so.. thats $120 that I can't afford to spend right now. Hopefully something comes up though! Don't delete me I have you added D: I promise I will be back...

Watch, playstation all stars gets new character DLC while I am unable to play -_-
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 am

I won't be deleting you and that's what Sony told me like a month ago so yeah.

lol Hey new DLC, I honestly won't complain! :P
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 am

You could shop around. I know there are sometimes people that know how to fix it that don't work for Sony, and they tend to have cheaper prices than the $120. I don't know for sure if there would be a guy in your area that does that but you never know, so ask a few friends.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 am

Blow hot air in the back fans with a hairdryer or fan then cool it with a fridge or fan. Its a very temporary fix but it works.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:26 am

I'm all too familiar with the YLOD as it happened to me twice. Chances are the chip in your power button has slid off from it's position making it impossible to turn on.

I sent it to Sony the first time around. I had to pay 150 bucks. I requested for them to pull a data transfer as well. Unfortunately they couldn't do the data transfer and all of my 14 years of playstation gaming was erased in the blink of an eye. I was severely pissed off and only got 50 bucks back because "they couldn't do it, sorry lol".

The next time around I basically said "fuck you" to sony and paid a guy at a flea market who repairs consoles to fix it. The seal was broken anyway and I didn't go for another warranty (don't know why but I did). He charged cheaper ($120) AND he kept my memory, I also have a year warranty on it from the flea market guy. You can guess what I did.

Now I'm planning on saving all my stuff on an external Hardrive so I can upload it to a new console. My old 80 GB has had a long run and I can already tell it's on its last legs.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 pm

My first PS3 an 80 gig I think and the bluray drive burnt out so my current one is a 120 gig slim and it's been fine but I'm always worried that I might get YLoD.

Good luck, hope to see you back on soon!
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 16, 2013 5:18 pm

I should probably be more worried, since my PS3 is not only pre-owned but is also an original release model. While those PS3s weren't significantly more likely to get YLOD, there was a slightly higher chance (somewhere around a 12% failure rate compared to the current PS3 and general technology industry standard 10%*). However, for some reason, I'm really not concerned. I think it's because I have good karma with gaming stuff. I mean, I had a single PS2 slim that broke after four years, but that was sort of expected since I put as much time to it as most regular PS2s had in their whole lifetimes; other than that, though, I've luckily never had a real issue with consoles.

Also, for fairness, since I know I saw a few RROD comments, if you look it up, the 360 in the past year, they are about down to acceptable levels (especially considering the majority of those failures are from earlier consoles that just happened to RROD now). I mean, 15ish% as the Xbox currently seems to be is still somewhat bad, but by console standards this gen it's normal. (The Wii's an outlier at 3%, although the failure rate for the Wii doesn't account for the strap failures that took place early on, so its damages costs are about in line, though slightly lower overall.)

[*Technically the standard is around 5%, but I call shit on that. The issue is that a console's failure rate accounts for any sort of breaking, including problems brought upon it directly by the users. An iPhone's failure rate, on the other hand, does not account for, say, being dropped and broken.]
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm

welp, I tried the blow dryer/fan tactic and so far, the ylod is still popping up /: I am almost 99% sure that it has something to do with overheating too much and the thermal paste inside has worn out (people seem to debate on if that is actual problem with the fat ps3).

Taking it in to someone local would be cheaper and less of a hassle but the only problem is, the ylod is known for coming back more often than not.. I don't know guys, I may just try to get a job and once I know I am getting a paycheck coming, buy myself a new one.

Hopefully I will be back online before the last of us comes out! I am going to HATE having to go to gamestop next month only to pick up a game just to have it sit on my shelf unopened D:
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat May 18, 2013 1:03 am

Well I got my YLOD today...
I know how you feel now man! D=

(I still have my Vita though)
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 am

wth?? seriously? o.O damn that sucks..
Hope you get it fixed soon! I ended up taking my ps3 apart today (totally voiding any possible work lol) and ended up freeing tomb raider from her.. well console tomb. Looks like I will be spending 250 dollars on a new one when I get the money
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm gonna get mine repaired lol
I called Sony today and I told them to call me in two weeks! :P
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 am

Just throw rocks at it and it'll start working... : P
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vytrova on Sun May 19, 2013 3:14 am

DP wrote:Just throw rocks at it and it'll start working... : P

Vytrova
I Don't Fear Death
I Don't Fear Death

PSN : Vytrova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Fri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm

it has been done silent I got a red ps3 slim lol which has in turn, made a giant dent in my bank account D:
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 2:19 am

Dang, hope you make up the money soon. On the bright side, hey, it's red PS3 slim! You know what they say about redheads, right? Hey
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top