Free Movie and Video Game Soundtracks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Movie and Video Game Soundtracks

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed May 15, 2013 1:26 am

Upon looking over mine, and Vytrova's, soundtrack collection, both of us decided that we need even more. So, I went searching for sites in which I could get a bunch of soundtracks, most of which that aren't available anywhere except in-game. I happened upon a very good site for downloading both movie and video game soundtracks, free of viruses. The music on it is high quality and completely free. The only catch is that you may only download one full soundtrack per every couple of hours (due mainly because the DL host wants you to be premium).

Might as well share the site since it could be helpful to many with doing stuff and stuff, so here: http://download-soundtracks.com

I can't guarantee that the soundtrack you are looking for will be on the site, but most popular movies and games are, along with a few obscure ones as well.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Movie and Video Game Soundtracks

Post by DP on Wed May 15, 2013 1:29 am

Are the soundtracks quality or are they sort of mediocre rips mixed in with good stuff?
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed May 15, 2013 1:36 am

So far, from what I've downloaded, all of the tracks are in the best quality. Much better than ripping from Youtube or trying to get the tracks from a torrent site (Which could give viruses and/or be really bad quality.) In fact, I believe they have to be in good quality or they get deleted. But I can't say for sure about everything on the site.

Also, if you have any soundtracks that aren't on the site, you can just email the admin a copy of the album and if he thinks it's good enough quality then he'll upload it.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed May 15, 2013 1:46 am

In that case I will definitely have to look into that.

For reference, though, are any of these soundtracks available for pay from the publishers? Because in that case, technically we're discussing piracy (which is against forum rules). I don't like being the stickler here, but I figure I should mention now at the very least that we don't condone piracy in any way, shape or form.

If the soundtracks are purely ones that are not available for sale anywhere, then this is completely fine, of course.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed May 15, 2013 1:56 am

I've only looked for ones that can't be found anywhere else. I'll try searching.

EDIT: Now that I've looked around the other parts of the site, it appears that the "movies" category does contain a few soundtracks that I can find on iTunes... (Well, shizzle my nizzle) I'd be lying if I said that there weren't a couple albums that one could just buy.

Feel free to close things up if you don't approve.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed May 15, 2013 2:12 am

I'm not really sure where this lies as far as rules go, so I'd feel wrong in closing it myself. It's sort of a gray area because you're not discussing or advocating piracy, and the site itself likely doesn't do so either, but it happens to contain some technically-sort-of-paid-content for free. I'll leave it up to the admins, as they were the ones that made the rules; I just enforce 'em lol. I personally think it's fine so long as you're not yourself encouraging piracy (which you're obviously not). It's sort of on the same boat as the "you can emulate games if you have a physical copy" idea.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top