SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm

should we use this thread to discuss how characters play now that the game is out?

I dunno if this is true but Sonic seems REALLY Buffed. he packs a bit more punch now, he seems faster (?how?) and his stuff chains together better. But his standard B is SOOOOOOOO Good! it seems to lock on easier, faster and further and has far more knockback, making it ideal for recovery and confirming a kill.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Good call. 

Sonic was very rushed in Brawl so a buff makes sense. Pac-Man, however, is probably pretty bad since he was probably developed later on. 

I've heard mixed views on Shulk. When I used him I could just sense the promise in his moveset, but I didn't have much time to practice with him. I know Pirate doesn't like him very much though so I'm curious what others think.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Funny you should say, been in a winning streak with Sonic recently. Despite losing his down special cancel, I can combo (well it seems, I'm not sure if it CAN air dodged but I haven't seen anyone be able to do it yet.) Up grab, to Uair and another Uair depending on the percentage, Nair to Fair or Bair. However his Dair has longer recovery or a longer descent than it was in Brawl.

But, I dunno. *shrug*
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 pm

haven't tried that. thanks for the tip.

Most of his dash moves now carry foes up far easier than they used to. He combos from ground to air almost as effective as Fox. 

he's probably not A-Tier material but he's definitely useable now. Which as a Sonic main in Brawl makes me very happy. it took me a few games but i'm used to and loving the new Sonic.

Shulk is meh. he has a pretty good counter...but its a counter. his smashes are strong but limited in their range with wise (They reach far, but miss easy) and his powers work nice, but meh they get  you killed unless your extremly careful. you are gonna play the first 30 seconds of a stock as base Shulk at least until your safe, which could kill you quickly. he's ok, thats all.

Palutena is the ultimate Defensive character. her Reflect is an awesome way to reflect projectiles, her counter is ok, but most of her normals ALSO cancel out projectiles.  i think both her side moves, smash and normal and sprint beat projectiles. she fucks up Megaman...like alot of the cast. i dunno she's fun but she's lighter than she looks.

Alsoi like the new Pit more than the old one. and i like Dark Pit over Pit. don't get me wrong, they are nerfed to shit but they flow better.

Pac-Man is actually aight. not amazing, his recovery often leaves him VERY vulnerable and he feels...weird but he's not bad.

might as well talk about Megaman. he sucks dick 90% of the time. his normals ruin it (Although i love it as a nostalgia thing) they are PATHETIC! if they went further and were a bit faster it might work. i mean he has such a good down smash, and his side smash is pretty good too (FUCK THE UP SMASH! IT SUCKS DONKEYS!) but if your character is a tank like Bowser, Fast like Sonic or Mac or defensive like Palutena (Getting kills by reflecting that side smash to win against a really good MM is so satisfying) or god forbid a Starfox character your in for bad times, so many guys have anti projectiles its horrible.

WHY A|RE BOTH KOOPAS SO GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD! Bowser takes hits and doesn't die! and the power...ummppphhhhhhh. Junior is deceptively strong and decently quick with great hit boxes and recovery.

i'm rambling a bit and i haven't even covered Zamus yet.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm

So apparently Yoshi could be god tier. I'm not even kidding. 

Apparently he has a glitch that gives him super jumps or something.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:40 pm

i gotta say part 3 of the paper mario stage is awful and i usually love wacky stages
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:19 am

Well DP at least we might get balance patches this time.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Oh yeah, of course. I mean knowing Sakurai it'll be nerfing much more than evening the roster out. I can't see him trying to fix  Ganondorf for example but I'm sure Yoshi will be fixed by the U version's launch.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 pm

I really like using Dedede. Being a heavyweight in this game is a plus thanks to the rage mechanic, and he has great recovery along with a lot of options. I honestly haven't touched anyone else for the most part, though. Shulk plays very..boring. Other than his neutral B, his moves are just generic sword swipes. Also I hate his goddamn alternate costume. It's so stupid.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:04 am

so Diddy is god tier. yay.

Anyway i just wanna leave some thoughts on some charcaters i find fun, i don't really have a dedicated main yet. plus i still only has 3ds version, though i can play the Wii U version on tuesdays at the Games Society in my college. 8 Player Smash is just amazing. ANYWAY!

Bowser: Now that the initial Hype is gone, he's still strong, but punishable. but he can get easy kills from about 60% soooo

Pit/Dark Pit: I'm lumping these together because the differences are so minuscule. Pit is the better of the two, but i prefer Dark Pit IDK why. They have the same match ups sooo.....
They are fun. Pit would kill for the Electro Shock arm, DP wants the FAir, but i find them enjoyable. some of my best characters.

Palutena: A hard character to use, very defensive, but i can SEE the tech she can use, i just don't have the 1337 skillzz to do it. 

Ike: Not as strong as before, but he just seems to flow better.

Robin: Fights with Him/Her take forever and require alot of patience and hates rush down, but he/she is fun.

Kirby: I miss the old AirSideB...but just as fun as ever.

DeDeDe: Have you ever just spent an 8 player game just tossing Gordos and swinging the Down B full charge? you do not know true ecstasy till ya do.

Little Mac: Easy to learn at a basic level, then you get beaten by any grab (I'm 90% sure Sonics back throw is an instakill) but his ground game is amazing. also KOing everyone else in an 8 player game with 1 KO punch is the most satisfying thing...

Charizard: Like Palutena, hard to use, but i can see his tech. Dark Horse top tier. 

Lucario: Once he gets over 100~120%, things WILL die and the buffed ESpeed means you can't gimp him. He's amazingly fun too.

Greninja: Though heavily nerfed, especially his up smash, he's still awesome, really fun to play, Honestly 4 of 5 pokemon (Not counting Mewtwo yet) Will be top tier contenders.

Shulk: I'M REALLY FEELING IT! 

Though complex with the Monado powers etc, he's really good when you get it down. who would have thought the biggest buff in smash u from 3ds was adding the text with the Kanji for the powers.

Pac-Man: Please tell me i'm not the only one who just smiles using this guy? and he's good too!

Mega-Man: Hard to master, but he's good, shuts down alot of the roster including....

Sonic: HE'S SO GOOD NOW! If Mega Man doesn't shut a character out, Sonic probably can.  Basically play the last row of the 3ds select screen and diddy and your golden.

Any body else wanna throw in characters they enjoy playing, either due to how effective they are or how much fun they are?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:56 am

I've gotten a lot better with Shulk's Monado powers, so he's lined up as somebody I can win with. Not that I do. 

I feel like Diddy is gonna get nerfed hard because of the high-damage combo he has. At least that's what I've heard - I've never seen it myself since I don't have the game yet. 

I really liked the one match I played of Duck Hunt, too.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:43 pm

charizards side smash is just so good
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Ryu, Roy, and Lucas are out today. Nintendo's servers crashed so I didn't get a chance to try them but Ryu sounds surprisingly much better than I expected. If he really does have full combo potential then he could end up high tier quickly. Lucas too, because for some reason Ness is like fourth now. Roy's probably gonna be trash.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top