Video Game Movie Speculation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What PlayStation franchise do you see getting a movie trailer first?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
46% 46% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
23% 23% 
[ 3 ]
15% 15% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Video Game Movie Speculation

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:44 pm

I just thought that it'd be nice to keep the Ratchet & Clank movie thread about, well, Ratchet & Clank, and move all of the GoW, Infamous, Sly Cooper, Metal Gear, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, etc. movie talk here. So to get the ball rolling:

How would you guys feel about a fully 2D Sly Cooper theater release akin to the cutscenes in thieves in Time? I personally wouldn't mind at all and would think that it would benefit from the comic book/cartoon-esque aesthetics. I'm also fine with a 3D movie, I'm just putting this out there.

Also, since the R&C movie has obviously caused some buzz, can this be stickied if this thread becomes popular enough?

Last edited by Count Mario on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video Game Movie Speculation

Post by DP on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Sticky request granted. It WILL be popular enough, so I might as well not wait lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Thanks dude. Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:49 pm

I think Infamous has a chance at being the next movie revealed. It's begging to be one... Just seems perfect enough for such a thing, as long as it's not screwed up.

My favorite of the bunch, though, is Bioshock. Yeah, the CGI for the movie would be off the charts in terms of cost, but my god... Think about what it would be like if done right. Hell, a director could probably just go ask Ken and the writers to come up with a good story for a movie based around either Rapture or Columbia... Or maybe both...

By the way, you have 2 options for Bioshock in the poll. I suggest you switch out the second one with something like Killzone or Resistance or something... For whatever reason, a cinematic movie-like opening keeps popping up in my head and it seems to be stuck there... As a matter of fact... Do you think they sell the suits and outfits... I have an idea, but it's probably going to take years before completion...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 pm

I'd switch it out... if it'd let me. :( You areright about maybe putting in Resistance or Killzone. Although for some reason, I feel like maybe adding Zelda to the list if I got the chance. Not really sure why though lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Fixed it for a Killzone/Resistance option, though in either case that movie would end up like Battle: LA (although I personally liked that movie).

Zelda couldn't work out well in practice. On paper, maybe, but a series with no real character development, based entirely around several dungeons that require puzzle solving and slight intuition simply couldn't work to me.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 am

I can't see Zelda getting a movie ever... I don't know why, but my brain is telling me that it just won't happen...

Also, damn it... There are only 5 authentic suits from Killzone in the world. All of which were won in Playstation contests when they were promoting Killzone 3.

I actually see a Killzone movie turning out somewhat better. Obviously, it would be another war movie, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be good. Some older war movies are masterpieces, whereas there's only a select few now that are just good.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 am

...Yeah, you're right. I now think I'm dumb for even suggesting that. I was basically asking for a sequel to the Mario Bros. Movie right there despite Zelda's developed plots. Just forget I ever said that, I didn't think about it that much. Seriously, I can't see how it'd work for a minute, especially with a silent protagonist and the dialogue being based on text with common dungeon gameplay and such. I was just being dumb back there. XD I guess I was just thinking of what nintendo movie would work and my mind just said Zelda without even considering it. One of the few Nintendo series I'd maybe see working is Metroid or an animated movie with Star Fox, but even then I doubt those will ever see the lgiht of day.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 am

I've had the same thought, so don't worry too much about it Count! It's just such a fun idea for about three seconds, is all. After that reality sets in and it turns out to be Resident Evil: Extinction.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 am

Alright lol. Although I agree with Pyro that Infamous would likely be first, although I can see AC beating it since it's been in development with actual progress.

So... any thoughts on a 2D Sly movie? C'mon, just give me one legit response to this question and I won't mention it again. worry
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 am

It wouldn't work too well in any form, IMO. Sly would be a good comic, but as a movie, it'd be really odd no matter how it's spun. Like, fandom aside here, R&C makes sense because it can be played as an action comedy type thing, while Sly would be really random by comparison, given how the games play in relation to one another. Same goes for Jak, but I could almost see a Jak movie working. inFamous definitely works though.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 am

inFamous needs to be next...THAT'S IT.

I can't see Sly working in a 2d form like you mentioned...Like I can't see it working AT ALL!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 am

Really? I actually think a Sly movie would work, although if it was based on one of the game's events (preferably Sly 2 or at least 1). I find Jak being hard to work with personally, even if it was based on any of the trilogy games. But that's just me and I'm glad that you responded.

And I can see it working in a 2D form honestly. Especially after watching a bunch of Marvel and DC animated films. I guess I'm just weird like that lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:29 am

Maybe. I'm on the fence about that kind of idea, only because it'd have to be a non-game plot. When I think of game movies, I think of a plot that could work in a game, too, and Sly's game wouldn't work well with a Sly movie, if you will. By itself, perhaps it could. Right now, though, R&C is really one of the only ones that fits my little description. AC kind of does, as well.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 am

I can't find it now but like 6 months to a year ago I saw on neogaf that some other site was saying a R&C, Heavenly Sword, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter movies were in the works. So far 2 are officially being made.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 am

I can agree with that actually. I just think Sly does have serious potential though. I guess I'm thinking much more of an alone plot rather than one actually performing spectacularly in a game. And what's the second?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:38 am

Heavenly Sword. It's being made by the same studio as the one making R&C, co-developed by Ninja Theory, and is straight-to-DVD.

Also, if nobody has yet noted, the studio that is working on these movies is the same one that developed the critically-acclaimed Beast Wars Transformers spinoff series as well as the first CGI TV-show ever, the also-acclaimed ReBoot. So yeah, we're in good hands with R&C.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 am

Count Mario wrote:
And I can see it working in a 2D form honestly. Especially after watching a bunch of Marvel and DC animated films. I guess I'm just weird like that lol.
The art style alone would not get it a theater release though. When we talk about these movies I'm thinking big screens, theaters and all that jazz. Those DC animated films are movies you buy at stores. That's why I can't see Sly make it big like Ratchet and Clank and a possible inFamous. If done in 2D it would just end up being a straight to DVD film like Heavenly Sword. Heavenly Sword isn't as popular as Ratchet and Clank at all so I can understand why this move was made but 2D films aren't popular in theaters any more.

It's either animated films or live-action films now.
inFamous would HAVE TO BE LIVE ACTION! Again it's begging to be made into a movie.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 am

If Infamous would be made into a movie, where in the storyline would YOU want it to be in?

Same question for all of these really...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:50 am

Well, then I'm personally okay with that. I wasn't really applying for a theater release specifically (although i think i mentioned it) but just the concept of how a Sly movie would work in general. That's what I meant lol. Besides, you never know honestly. I mean, Disney got in The Princess and the frog and Winnie the Pooh 2011 in theaters that were generally liked and appreciated. Besides, it's not really that 2D films don't do good but mainly that people just aren't trying to bring the art-style to theaters. I'd personally love to see it more and Sony getting the balls to do it. There are many fans of the art-style who wish to see it in theaters again instead of typical 3D animation.

But this is just me, like I said. inFAMOUS would need to be live action. And I'm prety sure most people want it to be based on Infamous 1...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 am

Obvious answer is obvious, but what of the other games listed in the poll and Killzone/Resistance?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

Eh, wouldn't really care much, honestly. Although I'd definitley use some of Radec's quotes for my forum reaction collection folder. :twisted:

And you know, how bout dat Heavy Rain movie...

Last edited by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 am

I'm kinda pissed they aren't selling Helghast suits. I'd buy like 20 of them... Not a real big fan of the series, but I think that it would be awesome to make like a fan fiction sort of movie and put it on Youtube. Same with a lot of these, but Killzone seems the easiest to do without a shit ton of effects.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:09 am

Just edited this into my last comment, but how about a Heavy Rain movie? If it just follows the good/"chronological" path, I think it'd be stupendous. Definitely at the top of my list next to Sly and Infamous.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:12 am

I'd say yes, but yet again, for whatever the hell reason, I can't see it working out... I can see the audience getting bored with it or not understanding what's going on (I hate the idiots that don't understand the movie they watched... Like Inception... People are like "I didn't know what was really going on" and I'm like, "Not only did they state what was going on like 10 times in the movie, but they showed themselves doing it quite a few times as well. How the hell do you not understand?!")

Sorry 'bout that...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next