New Star Wars FIlms Every Summer After 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Star Wars FIlms Every Summer After 2015

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/new-star-wars-movies-will-hit-every-summer-beginning-in-2015

At the CinemaCon event in Las Vegas today, Disney and Lucasfilm revealed that beginning in 2015 with Star Wars: Episode VII, a new film set in the galaxy created by George Lucas will be released each summer

J.J. Abrams' Episode VII will come first in the summer of 2015 and will be followed every summer after with another new Star Wars movie, alternating between the standalone films we've heard about and the new trilogy that begins with Episode VII.

Wow.

As for what those standalone films will be -- among the rumored projects have been a Yoda flick, young Han Solo adventures, and my favorite, a Seven Samurai-type Jedi film -- we still don't know. But, of course, more on this when we have it…
And just to add, even a Boba Fett solo film has been mentioned. Thoughts?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Star Wars FIlms Every Summer After 2015

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Star wars is a cow and Disney a girl with a wooden bucket wearing a polka dot skirt ans nothing else. She wants as much white stuff outta this cow as possible, is willing to do anything to get it, wants it in one sitting, anyone who knows her name will hate her afterward she's very confused for thinking a cow has a penis and she's gonna kill the cow.

It'll be great for a while....then....no.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 pm

I say we wait and judge when the new Star Wars arrives considering how Marvel's been treated well with films getting released annually. I doubt this will last after the new trilogy ends though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Marvel formed a cohesive universe people have wanted for a long time, a process started before Disney was in the equation and their best decision was to leave the movies alone. So they fucked the shows instead. (Rip ssm and aemh)

star wars is 100% their choices. They aren't just financing like they are marvel. That's what makes it scary. What would be scarier was if they let Lucas continue but meh.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Yeah, but let's focus on the casual group here. For the general audience, barely anybody knew who Thor or Iron Man was before their movies. Hulk and Cap (to a limited extent) were generally known. Hell, I bet barely anybody knew who the Avengers were before the end of Iron Man 1. Same goes for Thanos at the end of Avengers. Disney's barely done much outside of funding the new trilogy. They haven't shown really any indication of forcing the films to be in their way. I doubt they'll be butting into it so much if Pixar and Marvel are fine. Just more or less saying "We'd like you to do films annually, get it done however the hell you want. Just make sure it's good. *leaves room*".

They screwed the shows, yes, but mainly because merchandise wasn't selling and Disney is pretty much known for treating their films with respect while arguably shitting on most of their shows. Although just to inform you, Ultimate Spider-man's quality was ENTIRELY in Marvel's hands, so that was their fault.

So I ain't losing faith in Disney just yet after seeing what's happened with Marvel and Pixar. Sure, Clone Wars got canned, but that's really only because a contract was signed with CN who's owned by WB, so that actually made sense business-wise. Not to mention LucasArts has claimed that their trying to get all of their projects in order for while in order to accommodate the new films. I'm still open to anybody handling it after Lucas.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I dunno still skeptical. Its not ultimates quality. Its spectaculars quality that bugs me. It was canned and this came along so fast I'd say those deadlines fucked it up. But enough marvel.

Pixar is like a sword to a swordsman. An extension to Disneys arm forged by Disney but owned by another till a debt was payed. They are irrelevant.

The problem is the core star wars team, doesn't exist anymore. so this is definitely all Disney. And the more I hear the more worried I am.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Actually, no, it's mainly by the current LucasArts team headed by Kathleen Kennedy who's the current president of LucasFilm.

Kathleen Kennedy (born June 5, 1953) is an American film producer.[1] In 1981, she co-founded Amblin Entertainment with her future husband Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg . She produced the 1982 film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and the Jurassic Park trilogy, the first two of which became two of the top ten highest-grossing films of the 1990s. In terms of domestic box office receipts Kennedy is second only to Steven Spielberg, with over $5.2 billion as of October 2012.[2]
On October 30, 2012, she became the president of Lucasfilm and the brand manager of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises after The Walt Disney Company acquired the company for over $4 billion.[3] It was then announced that the first project under her authority will be Star Wars Episode VII which is scheduled to release sometime in 2015.
Overall, Kennedy's work has included over 60 films, 120 Academy Award nominations, and over $11 billion worldwide including three of the highest grossing films in motion picture history.[4] One of her most recent projects, Lincoln, also produced by Spielberg, was nominated for seven Golden Globes and twelve Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor Daniel Day-Lewis.[5]

I actually have much more faith in her than with Lucas.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Ok bit less skeptical but very skeptical I continue to be.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Wait a minute... I posted this in the General Gaming Zone. God, I am such an idiot. Slayer, or any other mod out there, can you move this to the General Discussion section?

EDIT: Thanks Slayer. Really appreciate it. Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:17 pm

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1589167

Carrie Fisher has finally, 100% confirmed that she, Hamill, and Ford will all be in Episode VII. Hamill shied away from answering during his AMA, though, saying that the only character he knows is back is R2. (He later avoided any plot details saying something like "just wait!" which confirmed that he does know the plot of the finished script, so he's obviously just trying to be coy.) Filming for them begins in March/April.

Also, this: http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/01/22/star-wars-marvel-twitter/
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:15 pm

I was right, Disney does want to rape this franchise to death. I wonder how many they'll release before people stop caring about Star Wars?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 pm

that is thee best twitter conversation to every exist, that ever will exist or that ever could have existed in the history of everything

Ewoks in Iron Man Armours...jeez
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:27 pm

I want to see the Emperor put his mind inside Luke's body...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:50 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:I was right, Disney does want to rape this franchise to death.  I wonder how many they'll release before people stop caring about Star Wars?
Only took three the first time. [/lol]
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56 am

Very true lol
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray