Man of Steel Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man of Steel Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Is anybody else excited for this? And I mean other than the internet-based anti-Superman fan brigade. I'd post this in the General Comics discussion thread, but... well, nobody goes there for longer than a few replies besides me lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man of Steel Discussion

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Much more excited for Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2 haha...
Man of Steel really doesn't get my interest much since it took a game to make me like Superman lol

DC has never really made any good movies besides the Dark Knight and Watchmen. Green Lantern was meh...I didn't like it to be honest.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Even Cap 2? I agree with the others and I'm pumped for Cap 2, but... it's Captain America lol. I don't know.

And yeah, DC doesn't have the best track record. but given how this is directed by Zack Snyder and produced by CHRISTOPHER NOLAN, you might want to play attention to it. I don't know, it seems like DC might've finally screwed in their lightbulb right when it comes to their live-action movies. And I've liked everything that I've seen from Man of Steel so far. Especially after being scarred during my childhood form watching "Superman Returns"... worry

Also, it's confirmed that Man of Steel won't have Kryptonite in it. So that's bound to make it interesting, to say the least.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm

I forgot about Nolan part...hmmm...you're probably right about DC getting their shit straight! 0.0

No Kryptonite though?
I'm guessing magic, poison or electricity?
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Definitely doubt magic since the villain in this film is Zod. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's a good enough explanation. Because Zod is also Kryptonian. So bam, there it is lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 pm

HYPE! such a good trailer.

Superman returns was so bad superman needs this. And I have no doubt it'll be great. You can tell from trailers. I saw tdkr trailer said meh. It was meh. Avengers trailer went fuck yes.

Both iron man 3 and man of steel look exceptional. I worry for the wolverine.

also slayer...CAP 2 REALLY! cap 1 was by far the weakest phase 1 movie. Iron man and Thor were great. Hulk and iron man 2 were meh. But cap was just weak. Maybe its the patriotism but it felt bad.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Well, it did take place in Cap's past and all that. Cap 2 can easily go into a very different direction for all we known than with Cap 1. Although lpool, you found Rises meh? I actually gree that it's overrated and that The Dark Knight is still the best Batman film (as well as solo superhero film) to date, but I think it was still decent and entertaining overall. I can generally agree though, somewhat, as I was never really hyped for Rises honestly (and that's not counting The Avengers coming out earlier the same year). Heck, I was more hyped for Amazing Spider-Man. I don't have high expectations for The Wolverine but it at least looks better than Origins.

And I couldn't agree more about Superman. It actually has a chance of making Superman likable in the public eye after so many years.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Who knows with cap. The Bucky plot will be cool.

As for rises, some acting was phenomenal but only from a few. hardy, caine, oldman, freeman, Hathaway, levit. But bale was weak. Good acting cannot sell a bad plot. It had plotholes out the wazzo. And for his preformence hardys character....gets the single most undignified death I have ever seen. Weakest in the trilogy by far.

I actually preceded amazing to rises and avengers go figure.

Wolverine looks like a Hong Kong film with super powers and a holywood budget....that's good.

I've always liked supes and recently have been falling back in love with the character again. But in the public eye hes hated. Also his the new 52 was not kind to Clark like it was Bruce or Hal. (story wise. Bruce would trade places in an instant to keep Damien) so he really does need this bad....

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 pm

The reason I'm hyped for Cap 2 is because it's no longer in the past.
Seeing his character adjust to this new world after the whole Avengers happened...That's gonna bring up some really cool character development and something completely different from other Marvel heroes. That and Black Widow's sexy ass will be in the movie! <3

He's the only character who's movie will have another Avenger, that's pretty cool lol
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 pm

I actually agree with all of that. I still find it decent to watch, still. And yeah, New 52 did change plenty about Clark and he's the only character out of DC's big six (Bats, GL, Wondie, Aquaman, and Flash) to not have a stellar comic (Although there is one being written by Scott Snyder, the guy who currently writes Batman, that's coming up called Superman: Unchained, which could fix that). Although I don't really mind since I feel like he could've used a change here and there. He does need this movie to be a success though, of course.

And Slayer, Bruce Banner is also going to appear in one of these movies besides Avengers 2 due to his Marvel contract listing him appearing for several more movies. Although it's unknown which one it is lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top