Computer Problems (Advice DEF Welcomed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Computer Problems (Advice DEF Welcomed)

Post by Trey-Caige II on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 pm

*Looked for another/similar thread. Did not see one. If I have overlooked it, just add this to it*

Ok, so, the laptop I've been using, is slowly falling apart, but I'm wondering if there is anyway to delay the inevitable, at least til I buy something else. Right now I have an HP, I'm not sure what model, but I'll try and give some specs (and later when I get a chance I'll put a pic in the OP). Specs: AMD Turion tm X2 Dual Core Mobile RM-72 & it has 285 gig harddrive. Also, it originally had Vista but I upgraded to 7. If you that helps or you need more info, let me know.

The Problems:

1. Well, first off, it can no longer update. You know the Windows updates you have to install regularly? Yeah, it quit recognizing those.

2. It goes into sleep mode without warning at least %40-60 of the time. It's very annoying when I'm doing something >:/

3. It is sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4. It has been dropped. The area where the heat is exhausted from is broken a bit, but not to the extent of it being unusable. This would explain the fact it gets very heated now. What it means for the computer is what I don't know.

5. Lastly, mulit-tasking on this computer is nonexistent now. Whether that's due to the specs or to the computer now malfunctioning I'm not sure.

I'm going to Best Buy at some point before I leave and asking them some questions, but in the mean time if you guys have any ideas or solutions they would be welcomed for sure. Also, if you guys are having problems yourselves, make this the official "My Puter's Broken!" thread lol.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top