Batman: Arkham Origins

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Batman: Arkham Origins

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

"Origins" is currently being developed for the PC and current-generation consoles — meaning the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii U. Warner Bros. gave no word about the game's availability of next-generation consoles, but the game's prospective October 25 release date suggests that "Origins" will come out shortly before the PlayStation 4 and next Xbox arrive in time for the 2013 holiday season. This could equally position the game as a strong launch title for next-generation consoles or as a sort of swansong of the current generation.

It might come as a surprise to "Arkam" fans, then, that series developer Rocksteady Studios will not be involved in "Origins." Instead, the publisher has given the game to an in-house studio at Warner Bros. Games Montreal.

According to Game Informer's report, Warner Bros. claims that the "Origins" development team is using many of Rocksteady's pre-existing assets for the new game such as its modified version of the Unreal engine in order to maintain the aesthetic continuity of the franchise. The project is being lead by Eric Holmes, who previously worked as the lead designer on several superhero-type games like "The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction" and "Prototype."

"Origins" will feature a younger and less war-weary Batman than the previous two "Arkham" titles, and Warner Bros. says that he will encounter some familiar villains from the comics that haven't made an appearance in the series yet.

Warner Bros. also announced a mobile game to correspond with the launch of "Origins" titled "Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate." Like its console counterpart, "Origins" is being sent to a new studio — this one being Armature Studio, a small team that previously adapted part of the "Metal Gear Solid" series to the Vita for its HD re-release. "Blackgate" will appear simultaneously on the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita on October 25, Warner Bros. said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/batman-arkham-origins-revealed-rocksteady-studios-out-loop-1C9281122

The article itself is much longer, but I only pasted the important parts. Now Rocksteady not being behind the helm does worry me a bit, but I'll give WB the benefit of the doubt until gameplay is shown so I'm not going to overreact to that just yet. In fact, they might actually still be working on an Arkham sequel for next year while we enjoy this prequel that likely connects to it. You never know, and given how many hints and connections they made towards a sequel, I doubt Rocksteady is just twiddling their thumbs while watching the Arkham series flourish in the hands of Warner Bros as of now. Although there were many rumors that there was a prequel coming, I'm so glad that it wasn't that god-awful rumor of being based off of the Silver Age and having the Justice League and his first contact with Joker and all that. Also, Deathstroke's actually going to finally appear in an Arkham game besides that mobile phone spin-off story. Nice. Hey

So guys, what are your thoughts?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 pm

New arkham. That's good. Honestly rocksteadys engine is so solid they would have to nuke it to screw it up.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm

If I have to deal with anymore of that AR Training crap, I'm honestly going to make a photoshop of that GameInformer cover with Batman leaping through a ring, with the title being Batman 64. Dead serious. pissed

Also, if Rocksteady were to work on a Marvel series, I nominate Daredevil or Superior Spider-Man (if you read some of the issues, believe me, it can work and possibly even make Spidey's games as loved as the Arkham games).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

I'm more interested in Rocksteady's secret project hmm
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 pm

More batman is always welcome :) One of my favorite games for this gen. The combat never gets stale and the environment is always spot on. As mentioned above, I just hope that rocksteady not working on it doesn't cause the game to fail Dx

I have faith though that Warner bros won't turn this into a simple call of duty copy and paste game and actually add to the amazingness that arkham city and island were cheers
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

More info from IGN:

As previously noted, the Dark Knight will face eight assassins, including fan favorite Deathstroke, who have journeyed to Arkham City to kill him. We now know that Black Mask is responsible for putting a bounty on Batman's head, though exactly why will be a key mystery in the game's story. Also playing into the plot - Gotham City's acclimation to its rookie protector. Players will not only see a much more skeptical and potentially hostile Gotham City Police Department (aka the 'GCPD', which happens to feature a young Captain Jim Gordon), but younger and healthier versions of big bad guys like the Penguin - who apparently didn't always have the tail end of a glass bottle shoved in one eye.

Arkham Origins will feature similar gameplay to its predecessors, as new developer WB Montreal is very much intent on picking up where Rocksteady left off. That means perch-to-perch movement, gliding kicks and 'free-form combat' are all back. While the Montreal studio was free to develop its plot and new feature (like a 'Remote Claw', which allows you to target and pull two objects together), it leaned on Rocksteady for advice on technical and mechanical elements of the game.

Another new feature - quick travel via the airborne Batwing. Though not a controllable vehicle, Arkham Origins will finally eliminate one of the more tedious elements from Asylum and City, allowing Batman to move from point to point much faster than before - - provided he dismantles towers that jam his ability to call in his plane. (Unlike, say, Far Cry 3, these tower sequences will require a wide variety of skills and powers, including some that will have to be unlocked first.) It's a good thing Montreal is providing the Dark Knight with a quick method of transport - WB Montreal contends that Origins is nearly twice the size of Arkham City, adding an entirely new island, called 'New Gotham', to build upon the more familiar 'Old Gotham', which will still feature familiar locations like Amusement Mile and The Bowery.

The Montreal team intends to maintain the same world "density" despite doubling its size, adding ideas like 'Crime in Progress' (assist the GCPD and build your reputation) and 'Most Wanted' (track down non-assassin villains). In many cases these side quests will provide the upgrades to Batman's arsenal. These upgrades, combined with the game's existing XP system, funnel into the larger concept of the 'Dark Knight' system, which is basically the team's way of progressively adding more complexity and difficulty to Origins.

Origins will also put more emphasis on Batman's detective skills. Cases large and small will serve as a slower change of pace from action, allowing players to investigate crime scenes, gather evidence, analyze data and even return to those scenes with more information later in the game. Over time, as each case is solved, a full video narrative of the case will unlock, piecing together the crime.

All I have to say is:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 pm

One word:
SWEET!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Wait, I just noticed this:

who have journeyed to Arkham City to kill him.

Fail, IGN. Total fail. It's supposed to be Gotham City lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:00 am

And consideirng how there are eight assassins, I think it's pretty obvious that Talia and/or Ra's al Ghul will be in the group.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 am

yeah no thanks city wasn't that great imo so yeah
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:38 am

Never finished one, two was iight (I played a few mins of it) probably will skip this one as well. If they all get released in a cheap trilogy I'll pick it up. Day one though? Nooooooooope. No offense to any fans of course.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:53 pm

@Trey:

If you at least played AC for more than five minutes, then maybe you would've started liking it... sad
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 pm

I hated AC3. Bored the shit out of me in the first 25 minutes. And I was like "NOPE!"
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I meant Arkham City, Pyro.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Well put B in front of it so I don't get confused. Use abbreviations the right way... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Nah, people use AC and AA. When you're in a topic about a specific series, it's more known to have acronyms only comprising the subtitle words rather than the full title. Just saying dawg. And you could've read the whole thread as well to make sure.

Off-topic, but I'll be back after I watch Hannibal for the next hour. Ciao!
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 am

New info on how Black Mask will be portrayed from Game Informer.

“We realize that Black Mask is not necessarily as prominent in people’s minds as some other classic Batman villains, so we realize we also need to do work to explain why he’s really cool and make him felt in the game…It’s not something people bring a lot of baggage to when you see the Black Mask, so we have to do the work to make him scary.”

“Black Mask is new money. He’s rich. He’s very, very powerful. He’s made it. He’s known for being brutal and sadistic. And particularly at this point in the Arkham franchise he has enormous resources. He is the number one gang leader in Gotham. And has easily the most power in the city…His money primarily comes from the drug trade. Black Mask takes a perverse enjoyment from the pain he inflicts on the people of Gotham…His thing is torture. That is what gets his rocks off,” Holmes continues. “And he’s really good at it. The sadistic nature of Black Mask is a fun thing for us to play with – the lengths to which he’s willing to go to get what he wants.”

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 am

I can see black mask being pulled off really well. As I have said numerous times, I am no comic book fan and so Half of the villains from arkham city, I had no idea as to who they were but rocksteady made them deadly and lifelike enough to actually have me feel threatened by them even as the mighty batman so I have no worries about Black mask.

My personal favorite was Mad hatter whom I had never heard about until I got trapped inside his demented world cheers One of the most memorable sequences in the arkham series, in my opinion
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 am

Fun fact, Black Mask can be seen in the intro where Bruce Wayne is being taken into Arkham City next to the caged convicts and all of the Sionis Industry logos you see in the industrial District were owned by Black Mask due to his name being Roman Sionis and being rich and all that jazz. Just a heads up. Wink Also, I recommend watching the Batman: Under the Red Hood animated movie online for a bit more of a general look on how Black Mask is before playing Origins. I can even get a link for you if you want, and the fact that it's one of my favorite animated films is also a bonus for entertainment. Wink

And Mad Hatter's awesome. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:48 am

Also black mask got out of arkham city....just saying. Even batman could'nt.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 pm

There may be multiplayer in this one:

A new rumor suggests that Batman: Arkham Origins will include a multiplayer mode. An anonymous source tells Kotaku that the game has “at least one multiplayer mode” in which “you play as a member of Joker or Bane's gang while trying to take down Batman and Robin.”

Villains involved in the mode (which “may be playable and customizable”) are said to include Killer Croc, Deadshot, Firefly, Black Mask, Deathstroke and "some kind of Electroman character."
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Fake. Joker or banes gang? With black mask as a lacky? NOPE!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Maybe that part's fake, but you never know... Perhaps you could unlock villains in the game and make your own alliances... Then again, I think I'm starting to get ahead of myself...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Co-op. So many members of the batclan. Online only so you can explore different areas and solve crimes/puzzles that require 2 people. That's how I would do mp with a combo system to allow team attacks. But arkham shouldnt have mp.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Now I wanna see multiplayer just so I can hear how much you didn't want it... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top