Finding Nemo has a sequel now, Finding Dory

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding Nemo has a sequel now, Finding Dory

Post by papertoonz on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 pm

so yeah this is a thing

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/02/nemo-finds-a-sequel-finding-dory-announced

i don't know what to think of this
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding Nemo has a sequel now, Finding Dory

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 pm

i know what to think of it.

finding nemo is one of those pixar movies that didn't need a sequel. like up. like a bugs life. like all of them except toy story and Incredibles. monsters i let slide because its a prequel. Cars Shouldn't have happened let alone two more..(Planes) and as i said toy story didn't mind one and it was one of the highest rated trilogies ever.

finding nemo was a great self contained story. if you were to make a sequel following the tank gang would be great but it would only need a short about how they got out of the bags. but a full film on diry? WHAT.

i'll trust pixar. they are 2/3 not counting planes (It aint theirs anyway) but this seems unnecessary. my only hope is that incredibles is the next sequel.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:52 pm

i agree with cars it never should of happend aong with every after it but still i don't know ifi should be happy or not
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 pm

They could make it great or butcher the original....they are quite literally the only out comes.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 pm

yep pertty much but this s pixar we are talking about if anyone can do it, it's them
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:10 pm

"points at cars and brave" not always.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Well it's better than "Finding Nemo 2: Nemo gets lost again".

Let's be honest, anyone else in that universe getting lost would've been ridiculous but having Dory as the fish that gets lost makes perfect sense.

I'm sure it will turn out fine!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 pm

eh brave had some thing still a few to the amount of good they have done is pretty damn insane just gonna hope for the best
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 pm

True their track record is 90% amazing.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 am

lpool1996moh wrote:i know what to think of it.

finding nemo is one of those pixar movies that didn't need a sequel. like up. like a bugs life. like all of them except toy story and Incredibles. monsters i let slide because its a prequel. Cars Shouldn't have happened let alone two more..(Planes) and as i said toy story didn't mind one and it was one of the highest rated trilogies ever.

finding nemo was a great self contained story. if you were to make a sequel following the tank gang would be great but it would only need a short about how they got out of the bags. but a full film on diry? WHAT.

i'll trust pixar. they are 2/3 not counting planes (It aint theirs anyway) but this seems unnecessary. my only hope is that incredibles is the next sequel.
dangit i treied to forget but now i remember pixar why didnt you make incredibles 2 T_T
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 am

You can't rush genius/Incredibles 2 guys. Brad Bird said that he'll start developing if he finds a good plot for it.

And I agree with lpool (Although I've wanted a Monsters Inc sequel for YEARS and I can definitely see a sequel for A Bug's Life, that's all I disagree on.) although I personally think this can be successful. I told you guys that it didn't have to be about Nemo getting lost again and that it would probably be called something else than FInding Nemo 2 in the Disney Discussion thread.

I can't say that I've really ever wanted a Finding Nemo sequel, but I'm personally content with the idea (and the fact that the movie got re-released in 3D in theaters hinted towards this in the first place). I just hope this won't be another Cars 2, except the adventure focusing on Dory instead of Mater. And like Slayer said, it does actually make sense lol. I can honestly see a plot point maybe being that Dory finds out where she comes from, what happened before her memory loss, if she has any family, what her relationship with Marvin and Nemo is like after the events of the first movie, etc.

Anyways, this could've easily gone into the Disney Discussion thread...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vytrova on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 am

Wreck it Ralph 2 is a thing. Idk how they are going to make that work but I'm glad they are
Vytrova
I Don't Fear Death
I Don't Fear Death

PSN : Vytrova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:24 am

Wreck-It Ralph 2's been talked about for a long while lol. Just make it so the plot moves out of the arcade or have a reboot of the Fix-It Felix arcade game or something that causes them to journey out and get in touch with modern gaming. Not to mention actually having the Mario Bros. make a cameo...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 am

Wreck it Ralph 2 is a whole different thing not made by pixar this is pixar we are talking about and can some one answer me this why does every one want Incredibles 2 i mean it's best left a one movie (but with what pixars doing yeah) it's doesn't need any thing else also count we are talking about pixar even though they are a part of disney they are pretty much there own thing no disney
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:43 am

We know that, he just wanted to mention it since both movies are Disney news in general. I didn't mean to go off-topic, just reply since he brought it up. See, this is why this should;ve been in the general Disney Discussion thread...

Anyways, if you know anything about comic books/super-heroes and and how much content is possible for an Incredibles sequel, there literally needs to be one. With the dawn of a superhero fad revival in the chronology by the end of the movie, major events are bound to occur, and if let's say the sequel has somewhat of a major timeskip, we can see plenty of interesting effects on the world. Like Bob and Helen adapt to old age, possible superhero teams like the Avengers/Justice League and how they end up, Dash, Violet, and Jack-Jack growing up to be on their own and possibly have identities outside of the family team along with plenty of tension, new supervillains/heroes, and the overall impact of society and how people will view the superhero community at this point. Not to mention a whole bunch of things like the multiverse, cosmic travel, time travel, worldwide events, reboots, etc, it's just begging to be made.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vytrova on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:57 am

I mentioned it because both are great stand alone animated movies that are getting sequels
Vytrova
I Don't Fear Death
I Don't Fear Death

PSN : Vytrova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:01 am

yeah one thing i also should bring up "time gaps" ralph is still pretty fresh and seeing another one happen isn't that big of a thing while finding nemo how along ago was that "may 30th 2003" yeah a little bit under a decade ago
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:01 pm

What's with Pixar and these sequels? I preferred it when they were doing one offs ._.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:52 pm

C'mon, four sequels (or five if you count both Toy Storys) isn't bad since they just came out with Brave and have ten original franchises. Give em a break. (and I don't count Planes because DisneyToon Studios is doing that).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 am

Eh. I still preferred Pixar being the Jim Carrey of film studios. I feel like all these sequels are unwarranted. Only one I can excuse is Toy Story. The rest... no thanks. That's just me though.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top