Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue May 21, 2013 5:22 pm

DP wrote:Buying the Vita version doesn't give you DLHD free. It's buying the PS3 version that does that. At least that's what they've said. Not sure if it works the other way.

And dead-ish means that you can be searching for a game for a few minutes sometimes. It's actually pretty active if you know when to search for matches, and will be more so now that the Vita version's out and that they've confirmed more free DLC.

Edit: I merged this with the R&C General, btw.

Thanks for the merge!

And under the Vita one it says you get that one free :P

And would you say it's a good game? Worth it? I MAY get it- not sure yet.

What's the DLC like?
avatar
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 27
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 pm

The DLC is currently two free maps, taking the total to I believe five (or is it six?), as well as one free skin pack for characters and several cheap paid skin packs. They're also adding new game modes and maps soon, in addition to the usual 1v1/2v2/2v2 FFA (which is 2v2 but without the game's wave progression system).

It's really damn fun if you can get into it, that's for sure.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 pm

DP wrote:The DLC is currently two free maps, taking the total to I believe five (or is it six?), as well as one free skin pack for characters and several cheap paid skin packs. They're also adding new game modes and maps soon, in addition to the usual 1v1/2v2/2v2 FFA (which is 2v2 but without the game's wave progression system).

It's really damn fun if you can get into it, that's for sure.

I may get it now xD

Look what I found under the vita game's description on the PS Store:

"Purchase of the PS Vita version of this game entitles you to the downloadable PS3™ versions of this game and Ratchet: Deadlocked™ at no extra cost. "
avatar
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 27
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Tue May 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Okay, if it's specifically noted, then yeah you're good. I wasn't sure if it was.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue May 21, 2013 5:30 pm

DP wrote:Okay, if it's specifically noted, then yeah you're good. I wasn't sure if it was.

It looks like I got them! (Downloaded the game :P - Turning on my PS3 now to see if I got the two games, and to see if I can download them...)
avatar
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 27
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue May 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Thirty3Three wrote:
DP wrote:Okay, if it's specifically noted, then yeah you're good. I wasn't sure if it was.

It looks like I got them! (Downloaded the game :P - Turning on my PS3 now to see if I got the two games, and to see if I can download them...)

Okay, so update:

Yep, I got the PS3 version AND the other PS3 Ratchet game with the Vita one, free :P
avatar
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 27
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Tue May 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Wait, is DLHD out already?
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue May 21, 2013 5:54 pm

DP wrote:Wait, is DLHD out already?

is that the one that comes with the game I just bought? Then I guess so :P
avatar
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 27
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Tue May 21, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm gonna have to go switch from PSAS to check that out, then!
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue May 21, 2013 6:41 pm

DP wrote:I'm gonna have to go switch from PSAS to check that out, then!

Cool bro! I'm booting it up now, seeing how the game is haha!
avatar
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 27
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Tue May 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Deadlocked is in fact on the store. Wow, I thought they were delaying it another week or so, but nope, I'm downloading it now!

Here's hoping its online is functional like UYA HD's.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 am

So I downloaded and played the first few levels of DLHD, and it's just as good as its ever been, barring a few minor issues:

The cutscenes' video feed skips for a split second every few seconds, jumping back a frame or two, which doesn't affect anything but is noticeable.

The cutscenes are also a bit grainier than you'd expect from an HD remake but that might just be me. (I think its the cutscenes, though, because the gameplay is really crisp.)

And lastly, and this is a personal issue, the control schemes are set up accurately to the original, but they don't work well with a PS3 controller IMO. I don't like holding L2/R2 to strafe when playing third person like I used to, because the L2/R2 buttons aren't the same and are weird to hold down for extended periods of time to me; because of this, I chose Lock/Strafe, which also has L1 to jump, something I don't like all that much either. I'll get used to it lol

Oh, wait, one more thing: The online servers don't work yet. I'm assuming that's because they haven't set up the servers, because I'm pretty sure its online was confirmed to work when they announced it.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 am

What section of the store is it in?
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 21
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 am

If you search Ratchet, it'll be the last one down, but it'll cost $9.99 if you don't download it from Disc Benefits and go to the store from there. Then it'll bring you to FFA Vita, and if you hit download, DLHD pops up first in the queue.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 am

Quick update: The Deadlocked HD servers are now up. However, instead of a 10 player cap like on PS2, for some reason Idol Minds changed it to 6 (likely because they again remade the netcode from scratch and couldn't get it to run with more than 6 players). All of the old secret skin codes also work online, as well.

avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Im wondering if I should DL the PS3 version so I could get the DLHD and Vita version as well... What exactly is the game like?

EDIT: Thanks for the help, guys! Bought it... Pffffttt...
avatar
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem
Posts : 2612
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Fri May 24, 2013 3:01 am

Well, I mean, it's $10 extra for two more games, and $20 for FFA by itself was worth it IMO. (I know you already got it, but that's just my opinion on the subject.)
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 1:04 am

Man, I still haven't beat Going Commando and Deadlocked already came out... I'm so ashamed of myself. sad
avatar
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario
Posts : 7165
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Spider-Island Two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 am

In all fairness I still can't find gladiator cause eu.
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 21
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Sat May 25, 2013 10:38 am

It should be available through the disc benefits. Though I've also heard that Sony EU had to put it through later for some reason, so that might be why.

And there's also the off chance that they DID, in fact, allow EU customers to get DLHD free only if they played online in a limited window of time. I've heard conflicting reports about that so I can't really be sure whether that would matter.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 am

I can't even find it on the store. Also I have a dl version so no disc benefits.
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 21
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Sat May 25, 2013 11:01 am

Oh, then yeah it should be added to your queue when it's up or something. Lemme go check IG to see if it's up; will edit with answer.

Edit: Nope, not yet, lpool. They're thinking Wednesday.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Tha works for me my exams are 100% over then!
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 21
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by DP on Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm gonna go try the online. Or maybe just play the campaign some more.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat May 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Tell me how Deadlocked online is. I've just been playing single-player so far.
avatar
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem
Posts : 2612
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet & Clank Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum