Just got the Infamous Collection

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just got the Infamous Collection

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I haven't had the time to start playing it today, but I'm pumped. I've been waiting an extremely long time to buy this after just researching the series and spoiling myself to several of the plot points in the sequel. I'll update the thread with my thoughts in some time, but for now, if you happened to play the series what advice could you give me and what are some of your favorite aesthetics of the series?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just got the Infamous Collection

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:04 pm

play each game twice mainly for the powers but 2 is also to feel the story. 1 doesn't change much. i find good easier due to the increased precision and evil 10 times more fun at least in two. in one i think evil is over powered. in two navigation is also ten times more fun with good.

basically play it alot. and on the hard difficulties because they are pretty easy especially 2. maybe like 3 missions in each game are genuinely hard.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

I came across the collection the other day, as well as the Ratchet and Clank one. My wallet said "no" but I know i'll end up trading in the first infamous and picking up the collection (for space on my shelf's sake.)
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

I got the first Infamous through the compensation program back in '11, and played the second through Plus.
In all honesty I think these games aren't that great. They're fun for sure but it just never struck me as anything incredible. If anything the side missions annoy me, the enemies can be assholes with snipers/rocket launchers, and it's annoying that Cole will automatically jump to places I don't want him to go because he's seemingly attracted to every ledge.
Frankly it was kind of disappointing, I like SP for the PS2 Sly series but this was just average. That being said, the story and powers are great.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NoirPixel on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Gettin ready for Second Son I see!
NoirPixel
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile http://youtube.com/noirpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Everybodys body is ready for that
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice. Now I just need to find the time to actually start playing the game...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Okay, so I finally got time this morning to start playing the game (And hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow morning because I'm busy with homework now). I'll admit that I haven't gone far in Infamous at all so far (Only right up to where you drop the civilian food package and the Reapers decide to cause a ruckus lol), but even then, I'm loving it. Zeke's comical beyond belief and analyzing how close Trish and Cole are just by her backstory after the Empire City Blast and them merely talking makes her even more meaningful and interesting due to knowing her inevitable fate...

I just wish that aiming with the analog stick didn't reverse the directions for right and left, but then decide to not do the same for up and down. It's a bit annoying to get used to, but I suppose that I'll get over it soon enough.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:44 am

You do get used to it. But check options its probably changeable
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 am

Its kinda weird how Trish has like no connection to the InFAMOUS 2 story.. Shes in what like maybe one sentence? I just found that odd. I thought he would have more connection to her like he did in the first. But Zeke in like the beginning is hilarious "Taking those stairs man, it sucks donkey balls." Haha well I hope you enjoy two of my favorite games, and if you are doing evil, explode the second ray sphere for ULTIMATE POWWEERR
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Actually Trish is why he didn't get involved with nix and kuo. In a way she let him keep his morality thanks too her fate rather than go with what his penis told him to do. And as seen by how his first priority in 1 is Trish he thinks with that thing.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks lpool. I switched the controls right away and now it feels so much more comfortable. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Helpful lpool is second best lpool. After serial killer lpool. He's a great comedian. Knocks em dead.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NoirPixel on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm

In my opinion I liked inFAMOUS 2 much more, Eric Laden mostly to thank!
NoirPixel
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile http://youtube.com/noirpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Yeah. I already prefer Laden ten times more than Jason Cottle. The latter's a good voice actor, but I feel like Eric really brought out Cole's personality more and seemed more unique and identifying, if that makes sense. lol I just like Eric Laden better. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Might just be me but they sounded pretty damn similar to me. I didn't notice the difference.

Also... the hell happened to Sasha?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 am

Nah. They sound similar, but not the same. Laden has a bit more of a, well... "lighter" tone, if that makes any sense. I can't really mark the differences in literature, but I can tell when I'm listening, at least.

Anyways, I've gotten through some substantial progress in the past few hours. I've managed to get over 20% of the Neon district to be crime-free through multiple side-quests, gotten plenty of Blast Shards which have increased my "Power Bar" by I think three bolts. The last major mission I did was stop the fountain pollution and just got done chatting with Zeke when he mentions how we shouldn't trust the government for like the fifth time and brings up the idea of using the Raysphere to give other people powers. I have to say that I am just in love with this game. I had no idea how immersive the open-world was with literally being being able to grab, climb, hang, jump, drop, etc. on literally anything that's humanely possible. Seriously, this is one of-or maybe even the best open-world environment I've experienced in my gaming profession. Not to mention how versatile and useful Cole's electricity is along with the story being pretty damn interesting.

So to conclude, I can safely say that Infamous has done more than simply impress me and I can only conceptualize how good the sequel is with its revered reputation. If it keeps on improving form this point, the Batman Arkham games can eat their heart out lol. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 am

And we have converted him! Go away serial killer lpool your services are no longer required.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 am

... still don't know what happened to Sasha. Ipool did you kill her?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:04 am

A little bit.

Actually...no one knows. Maybe john killed her?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:25 am

Okay, I just finished Trish Reaches Out... Oh my god, that was hell. And all I get in the end is Zeke wanting to market off my moves for some quick cash and Trish acting only slightly less bitchy then she usually does... lol I can't help but laugh, really. At least the neon District is 75% clean of crime though, so I only have one quarter left to wash out. And speaking of Sasha, I need to go find her next.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:07 am

k i quickly read over this thread and i really need to recommend fully powered up arc lightning from infamous 1 its the most fun power in the series.
inF2>1 only because 2 actually has some personality. Zeke is one of the most overrated characters in all of gaming and people only like him because they themselves are useless slobs and find him relatable. Good series lots of room for improvement i hope they dont do something silly like try to be GTA though.
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:45 am

Thanks for the advice Quack. I'm still progressing as Good Cole, but once I finish that morality campaign, I'll start playing as Evil and make sure to use Arc Lightning, because from what I've seen it looks pretty useful.

Anyways, I finally just got to see Alden. I have to say, he looks like a freaking badass. I would not object to him coming back for a future Infamous game such as Second Son as the main antagonist if it is possible (Although I'm going to make a guess and say that he dies in Infamous 1 though).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 am

Alden? Yeah his fate is interesting. He looks like a badass but he's a whiny bitch (for good reason mind) hes my least favourite infamous antagonist.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 am

Yeah, I THOUGHt that he was a badass when I saw how he sent his "message" to Cole when he placed trash' bus on the building and they stared each other down (Not to mention that he looked awesome without he comic book aesthetics), but by the time I actually got to hear him fully talk when on top of his tower and during his boss fight, it kind of all melted away. If he got a better voice actor, literally act immature in his speech, and get in a fit whenever his Precious Ray Sphere was in danger, than he would've met my expectations. So yeah, disregard what I said earlier about him. XD

Anyways, after seeing what Zeke tried to do, well... That was pretty damn cold. I mean, I don't think that he fully knew that using the Ray Sphere would kill thousands of innocents in the process, but even so, he stares his best friend in the eyes and jus hops on a chopper with Kessler. Although I'm sure that in some future development in the Historic District he'll redeem himself and make up with Cole.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top