Getting my PSN Account back tomorrow! Any suggestions??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting my PSN Account back tomorrow! Any suggestions??

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:48 am

It was temporarily suspended 30 days ago, tomorrow :)

SO. My question is, besides Kat + Emmett, what's been new on the store that's worth checking out in your opinion(s)? :)

I have all the costumes (minus Kat + Emmett) so yeah! And I'm definitely picking up those 2 DLC characters tomorrow!

(I got Sly 4, physical copy, so that's omitted to, despite being released during my suspension)

:)
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting my PSN Account back tomorrow! Any suggestions??

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 am

Well, the Fearless stage is obvious. And you cold get any or all of the new DLC Minions if you want to. Although besides that, I'm not sure. Have you tried out Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault? It's only like twenty bucks, it's new, and it's decent.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:29 am

Count Mario wrote:Well, the Fearless stage is obvious. And you cold get any or all of the new DLC Minions if you want to. Although besides that, I'm not sure. Have you tried out Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault? It's only like twenty bucks, it's new, and it's decent.

1) Gotta buy Fearless, thanks! :D
2) I may pass on the minions- how much would they cost, all-together?
3) And I've heard that game was a 4-7/10. Not sure i'd push money onto that title :P Thanks though!!
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:37 am

Eh, I don't listen to critics much honestly. It's cheap and it'd at least use up your time in a fun and immersive manner. But feel free to get whatever game you want. As for the cost altogether, I don't remember actually. I think it might be about five dollars, but I'm not sure.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 am

R&C: FFA is CoD. Short 4-5 hour campaign, based entirely on multiplayer, but still kinda fun. However, CoD costs $60, that costs $20. Critics gave it mediocre ratings for the same reasons they praise CoD, so I discount all of those reviews completely.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am

DP wrote:R&C: FFA is CoD. Short 4-5 hour campaign, based entirely on multiplayer, but still kinda fun. However, CoD costs $60, that costs $20. Critics gave it mediocre ratings for the same reasons they praise CoD, so I discount all of those reviews completely.

DP summed it all up quite nicely.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 am

Thanks DP!!
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 am

No problem. FFA is the worst-rated R&C in the series IIRC, and it for sure does not deserve to be rated below A4O. I'd call it an 8/10 or so, depending on how much one plays the multiplayer. I honestly haven't played it nearly as much as I would've liked to, but I really should do so soon; the bits I played of the multiplayer (both in the Beta and in the final product) were addicting as hell. If you've got $20 to kill (probably $15 now, if you can find a physical copy), then it's worth it, especially since Cross-Buy is still in effect. If you have other things to buy, then don't choose it over anything. That's just my two cents.

Btw, Count, do you have it? If so we should play some time! (I really need to get around to playing with lpool, too. It's been months since we planned to lol)
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 am

DP wrote:R&C: FFA is CoD. Short 4-5 hour campaign, based entirely on multiplayer, but still kinda fun. However, CoD costs $60, that costs $20. Critics gave it mediocre ratings for the same reasons they praise CoD, so I discount all of those reviews completely.
I think the mediocre reviews are 100% correct

also bro you gotta play cod bro like bro mountain dew and doritos up in this bitch
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am

quackerzacher wrote:
I think the mediocre reviews are 100% correct

also bro you gotta play cod bro like bro mountain dew and doritos up in this bitch

..... what?
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 am

Reviewing a $20 game as if it were a $60 game will never be correct. Even if you're kidding, I have to kill the joke to make that clear.

Edit: Actually, that's why I'm not completely satisfied with the reviews of Sly 4 so far. I mean, the game got stuff wrong, yes, but even so it's still a pretty good game for $40.

Last edited by DP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:08 am

DP wrote:Reviewing a $20 game as if it were a $60 game will never be correct. Even if you're kidding, I have to kill the joke to make that clear.

This. Wink
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 am

I think you can review all games along side each other why would you not be able to if a $60 game is better than a $20 game what else matters its a better game. the price is for the consumer not the reviewer.

Possible the most serious thing i ever wrote on the site. Go me.
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 am

$60 games have years of development time to make them worth that price. FFA was made in less than a year specifically for fanservice. Even comparing FFA to budget title R&C games is a stretch because it was never made for the sake of competing with them. When reviewers give it a review as if it were a full-fledged game when it's intended as a download-only game (which only had a disc version in the US because fans complained about now having one for QfB) it makes the game look much worse than it is. You don't see these same people reviewing Braid as if it were $60, which is why that game got such good reviews (not to trash that game, because it is in fact excellent...for $10). Journey would not be praised nearly as much as it is if it were priced higher. That's why handheld titles rarely ever get scores relative to the platform, and rather get mediocre scores when being compared to full-priced console games. So on and so forth. Give PSAS Vita a shit review, I don't care; at least that game is still 100% a full game. When reviewing a game, it's Value/Price, and it always comes down to that. If the value is not worth the price, the score is lower; if it is more than worth the price, it is higher.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 am

We no longer live where download only games are always of lower quality we are entering a transition period where more and more of these indie games will come out and provide experiences that may even surpass other disk based games, I think its time we stop doing games seperately and review them all together how else is little timmy going to known that some mediocre $10 game is not better than a good $60 game when ign or some other site gives the download a higher score for being cheap even though its a lower price. Also i just bought metal gear rising for instance, its a 5 hour game, its better than anything from last year, $60 well worth it

i.e. Quality > quantity everytime if $60 games are better so why would the fucking review score not represent that.

also FFA not really a good game, k?
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:13 pm

man i havnt listened to critics in forever most of the stuff they say is BS FIGHT DA POWAH

dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm

quackerzacher wrote:We no longer live where download only games are always of lower quality we are entering a transition period where more and more of these indie games will come out and provide experiences that may even surpass other disk based games, I think its time we stop doing games seperately and review them all together how else is little timmy going to known that some mediocre $10 game is not better than a good $60 game when ign or some other site gives the download a higher score for being cheap even though its a lower price. Also i just bought metal gear rising for instance, its a 5 hour game, its better than anything from last year, $60 well worth it

i.e. Quality > quantity everytime if $60 games are better so why would the fucking review score not represent that.

also FFA not really a good game, k?
I never insinuated anything about quality, quack. I said VALUE. There are quality games in both categories. However, giving a stock review measurement for all games, indie or budget, would essentially ruin whatever integrity is left in the review system as-is. The amount of time that goes into a game should reflect in the review itself. If it's decent to good, but short, it should not get a shit review when it's valued at $20. Sonic '06 was panned for being unfinished due to its lack of development time, but then this game charges you less, gives you more, and gets relatively similar scores. Until reviewers can be consistent with their actual reviews, there can and will not ever be any sort of catch-all review system.

Also I don't even believe you've touched FFA so I'm not going to take your word as final, especially considering one of the only complaints people had was that it was short. These same people never question the short campaigns of FPS games (which are of the same length as FFA), which based on the development time that goes into them, should have longer ones. The only legitimate complaint I've seen was that the campaign was difficult as shit, which it was pre-patch. That's a fair reason to give it a lower score, NOT the length. They accommodated the length with the price and the multiplayer component, as I've stressed already.

Anyway, we've dragged this thread off-topic enough already.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top