Infamous: Second Son Discussion

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infamous: Second Son Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm

He likely posted that because there was early dispute about whether it was pre-rendered or not, Pyro. Not that he was surprised or anything.

Anyways, this might also be pretty obvious, but it looks like Delsin will use his chain as his melee weapon akin to Cole and his Amp. That actually sounds and looks pretty badass. Kind of reminds me of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, a bit.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah I wasn't that shocked given What came before it.

Chain weapons are a bit over done but it always adds an interesting dynamic. So I like. As satisfying as amp kills were it was a bad melee system. This shows promise.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Yes. But what makes this weapon even more terrifying/fun is that it can mix with Delsin's powers similar to Cole's Amp, by implementing his smoke ability's heat to essentially make it a flame whip like in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (I can make a million references to Castlevania lol). For all we know, it could even get upgrades like the Combat Cross in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Such as making the chain have spikes to increase damage or break certain objects, or receive a customized tip which can allow grappling.

Yes, I know. Another Castlevania reference. But when you're talking about whips/chains in video games, it is bound to be mentioned since the series is essentially the forefather of this gameplay aesthetic.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Actually I was gonna mention the forefather thing. Its kinda castlevanias thing. anyway more important...at the end delsin shot a smoke kamehameha
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Yeah. He basically gathered all of the smoke and used all of the heat to essentially turn into a flame bomb. Delsin seems to have a lot of held in gas, if you know what I mean. hurr Oh, my childish humor knows no bounds.

Do you think it's possible that he might have abilities of providing smokescreens, or choking enemies by summoning sulfur? I think that'd be awesome.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:36 pm

He did seem more stealthy even his big attack came from the shadows in an ally. So smokescreens are very probable.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Well I dont want him to leave Count... I just... I think maybe they could play off a lot of stuff here. Like maybe Cole has a greater test, other than the beast. (Which may I add was easy as fuck, something they should work on. A CHALLENGE. ) and that maybe Delsins story is to be the one that brings Cole back... And it'd be nice to see Zeke help Delsin. Its just the story I can think of is this...

Cole, being a threat, was captured while maybe in a coma like state and put into like, shutdown mode by the government? But Coles story is not over and Delsins story is to save Cole. And maybe Zeke goes to find Delsin and tells him he needs to save Cole. So Delsin fights the people holding Cole and well.. You could just fit a bunch of stuff between the plot that I can think of. Again, I am open to Delsin. Hell he could even help Cole in InFAMOUS 3. I just see a LOT of plot devices that can be made. I just don't want it to end here.
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Just give in to the fact that Cole is gone for now. I'm sure we'll see him again though, sometime in the future.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Even I think a hiatus is fine. It be impossible to explore everything infamous can offer without multiple protagonists. Or boosting cole to superman esque power levels. Or multiplayer and given the nature of sps intro and the Ps4 itself its there. As long as cole returns I'm fine.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes, I can see that. It's just that I'm not really a fan of having new protagonists still having to rotate around the world of the first one. If there are hits and maybe even confirmations of Cole still being a live or at least having the potential to come back, I'd be fine with that. However, merely having his whole journey's purpose being only to reduce the development made by Infamous 2's good ending seems redundant to me. Don't get me wrong, I hope Cole comes back and that he's somehow represented in this game in some form, either by quotes, appearances, flashbacks, etc. But if it's just a mere rescue and stuff, it's basically be Luigi's Mansion all over again. It was kickass game and gave Luigi his own story and development, but he still could get away from Mario's spotlight because his main goal was to rescue his brother just so things could back to what they once were.

If it's twist like, say, the final boss is a revived zombie-esque Cole controlled by the government and revealed to be their secret weapon and after Delsin beats him he goes back to being good somehow, I think I can get down with something like that (Although I would like it to be more well done than what I described). I just want Delsin's character to grow without having his purpose being to serve another superhero (Well, at least until Infamous 3 with Cole comes around, then he could help out like you said lol).

But like the others, regardless of whether the comes back (And I just mean in this game specifically), a hiatus is fine and I feel it's what the series needs to expand. Third installments following in the standard footsteps of their third predecessors tend to get lowly received due to not innovating as much as the first sequel, treading over familiar ground too much, and overall just playing it safe (Although I love some threequel games the best like Jak 3, Sonic 3, Super Mario Bros. 3, etc.). Second Son can be able to turn the tides though, and overall build up a "true" Infamous 3 possibly even better than it would've been if the series simply went from 2 to 3.

Although I did mention that I would love to see Zeke appear and acts as a mentor to Delsin earlier in this thread. Like helping him learn his powers, talk to him, tell him about his escapades with Cole, how much the world's changed since he last remembered it, and possibly even forming a relationship as strong as he did with Cole at the best. Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:36 pm

I was actually about to mention something along the lines of multiplayer... You see, after Cole's events in Infamous there is apparently a rise in those with superpowers, conduits. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, Sucker Punch may eventually think about a multiplayer feature where a player could create his own conduit?

And on another note, I'm wondering if Sucker Punch is going to make their games in a pattern. "For every new system is a new character to represent it" kind of deal?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 pm

I Dunno. But wait we talking good or evil? Cause good all conduits died. Evil all humans died. So either way somethings not right.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Whichever one Second Son goes after. If all conduits died, then how come Delsin exists? If all humans died, then how come there are still humans trying to capture and kill other conduits?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

That is some mighty fine loci there Pyro. Everybody has been nitpicking that all the Conduits died, but you're the only one who brought up the same thing about the humans for the Evil ending. Honestly, just because the Conduits all died doesn't mean Sucker Punch can't make up some excuse for how they come back. Or, instead of being Conduits, they're some all-new super breed maybe with a few differences. Really, it's fiction, you can do whatever the hell you want with it, whether it contradicts what's been shown or not.

I'm still willing to bet that it's after the Good ending because the government apparently doesn't want another Empire City incident to happen, which wouldn't make the least bit of sense in the Evil timeline because everybody's become a Conduit and how Cole's still alive. Unless somehow within the seven year gap they lost all of their powers somehow and feared them ever rising again... Nah, I doubt it.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Yeah nice spot pyro.......

lpool1996moh wrote:I Dunno. But wait we talking good or evil? Cause good all conduits died. Evil all humans died. So either way somethings not right.

1 post above count... pissed
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 pm

U mad, lpool? Anyways, I'd love to see if after the seven year period that Zeke becomes even more of a tech wiz, possibly modifying Delsin's chain, even.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Can we discuss something else? As good as the games looks, there's a LOT more than this to discuss. :/
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Are you suggesting that we talk about another game in a topic about, well, this game? If you want that, make your own thread.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Count Mario wrote:Are you suggesting that we talk about another game in a topic about, well, this game? If you want that, make your own thread.
Fixed it for ya...

EDIT: YOU NINJA'D ME!!!!! shock
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:45 pm

No, that wouldn't make sense. I'm saying there's more than one topic. Clicking into this page whenever there's a new post literally isn't exciting.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh, you crack me up Pyro. Hey

Also, it's a person's choice whether they want to talk about a specific game. If they wanted to go there, they would've. Considering how this is arguably the most hyped game revealed for the PS4 for the forum at the moment, it's no surprise this is getting constant attention. If you don't want to see it, don't click on the thread.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Or, now stay with me here, you can torture yourself and constantly click on the topics every time you see a new post has been made! cheers HELPFUL
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 pm

I woudln't say that since InFAMOUS is usually pushed under the carpet. I love the InFAMOUS series, but there was better reveals at the event than InFAMOUS. Killzone's reveal was more exciting, Blizzard's new Sony-Partnership was more exciting. you get the idea.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Everyone has there preferences.

I'm just gonna say that before people decide that its time to get snappy...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Yeah, well, that's kind of called an opinion. As beautiful as Killzone looks, I don't give a damn about that series for example. I only said it was the most hyped game for the forum considering this is the one discussion.game that has been frequently talked about since the conference. Like I said, if you want to move the discussion, make a new thread. or use the one Pyro gave you... hurr
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top