Infamous: Second Son Discussion

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infamous: Second Son Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:29 am

So, if this is after the good ending, how awesome would it be if Zeke showed up at some point and tried to mentor Delsin? I'm pretty certain that if there's a character from the old main cast that Sucker Punch would love to reintroduce, it'd be him.

And smoke-based powers... that sounds pretty original and adaptable. I'm certainly interesting to see how it'll work, although I still prefer Cole's electricity since that's personally my favorite superpower element lol. It opens up a bunch of possibilities, such as fire and air manipulation. There's also the chance that his powers could expand to vapor manipulation specifically, possibly even controlling water. But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself right now lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:33 am

with this new found realism zeke would look weird hes like 50% cartoon
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Majora999 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 am

quackerzacher wrote:with this new found realism zeke would look weird hes like 50 cartoon

...What franchise are you playing??? Out of the PSASBR roster, Cole's just about the least stylized human (just outpaced by Drake.) I'm pretty sure that was a cinematic story trailer, I'm sure gameplay graphics'll be closer to the other games.
Majora999
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Majora999

View user profile https://twitter.com/Majora999

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 am

Majora999 wrote:I'm sure gameplay graphics'll be closer to the other games.
Have you seen the PS4's graphics yet? hurr
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Majora999 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 am

Pyro-Hem wrote:
Majora999 wrote:I'm sure gameplay graphics'll be closer to the other games.
Have you seen the PS4's graphics yet? hurr

Ohoooo, yeah. I just meant in terms of art style.
Majora999
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Majora999

View user profile https://twitter.com/Majora999

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 am

i personally always wanted infamous to look more like its art the in game is really quite uninteresting to me(visually, i love the game)
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:00 am

Since we're debating what his powers are, might I add that it looks like he absorbs his power from his environment? Cole absorbed the power he needed from anything with electricity, but this new guy looks like he just absorbed a bunch of small pieces from around himself and fired a charged shot at the truck. So, it appears he can use little bits and bobs like debris for his powers... Hell, maybe he can control particles and atoms of anything and change the physics of whatever he controls, thus giving him the ability to be lighter and faster, to teleport, to have thicker skin (for bullets and hard impacts) or close to no skin (so bullets always miss), to turn himself into a tornado (spreads the atoms out more), etc. He could also use it to attract and repel atoms, creating a good way to absorb and blast others...

Just a guess, but I think that it's very logical. :P
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 am

Eh, I think that's an epiccally accurate but radical guess Pyro when it comes to atoms themselves. Those particles could've easily been solidified smoke mixed in with the heat gathered from the gases and water vapor, which is likely since they weren't just projectiles but literally exploded on impact, if that makes sense (In which it should, because these are superhero powers we're talking about). He likely moves faster, teleports, alter his density, etc. because of his smoke manipulation allowing him to, well, actually become smoke and as light as air. The atom idea you're trying to get at is really just nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, chlorine, etc. I actually mostly agree with you, but to say that he controls any and all atoms is a stretch, because that's practically make him Molecule Man, who is technically god because he can turn somebody like Hulk into a chair through matter manipulation at the lowest levels.

So... yeah. That's the power of smoke's molecules/atoms, lol. It's because water vapor mixed with carbon dioxide is so generic and versatile that he's able to adapt to all of this potential, which could even get him to feats that Cole could only dream of with enough enhancements and training.While the latter had powers consisting of one of the four major forms of matter, which is plasma, Delson will provide a fresh new breath of air by focusing on another form which is arguably the most common one we use and find everyday (Besides solids), gases. I guess you can say that this is the true power of SCIENCE! awesome

Last edited by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 am

Well, obviously, Sucker Punch would put the "He's not powerful enough to do that because he only just became like this..." when it comes to manipulating bigger objects and most other living things like buildings and such. Can't have the player becoming so powerful that they could destroy everything in the world... Right? I mean, Why would that be a possible Infamous ending to the game? lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 am

Damn...
I'm going to miss Cole Macgrath, like Epic said my arms are open as well but damn...

I hope this guy is just as good, I've never been good with character changes.

I started Assassin's Creed with AC2 so Ezio was my favorite and Altair was ok, Connor was my least favorite.
Army Of Two changed their protagonists and everything I've seen from the new duo has made me not want to get the game. I hope this Delson fella doesn't fall there. His powers sound bad ass though and I guess it's time for change...
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 am

...Forgive me if I sound stupid, but are you being sarcastic with those last couple sentences? You are basically right though lol. I'm just clarifying that saying he can control all atoms is a major stretch considering how Sucker Punch only said smoke, which will be his general element like Cole's electricity. Over time, he'll expand to other gas fundamentals like Cole did with plasma by mastering fire/oil and ice capabilities. Besides, controlling all matter makes Superman look as useless as the stereotypical version of Aquaman lol, so I doubt any protagonist Sucker Punch can pull out of their ass will accomplish that (At least gameplay-wise).

And i've always been welcome with character changes. If you stay up to date with comics, it helps get you used to it lol. One of the major reasons why I didn't rage about Superior Spider-Man or how Barry Allen replaced Wally West as soon as he got revived from the dead. Or in video game terms, like how the Castlevania series has a different Belmont in almost each and every game.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 am

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Also, Sucker Punch said that it was smoke powers? Where?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:59 am

Count, I've got no problem with character changes in comics but in video games...It just hasn't worked out for me man...=/

Like I said, open arms though.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 am

his powers look like a swarm thing from ME2 like shooting evil bees out of his arms or something

also first sons made a ray sphere i wonder what the second sons are doing OH YEAH PROBABLY MAKING MORE RAY SHPERES i really hope this game has a good story because infamous has more unused potential than most games
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 am

Pyro-Hem wrote:Yes, I was being sarcastic. Also, Sucker Punch said that it was smoke powers? Where?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/20/infamous-second-son-announced-for-playstation-4/

There you go. And SLayer, as long s you give it a chance, I'll respect your opinion on Delsin.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 am

Maybe... I thought about it story wise... Its not technically InFAMOUS 3 right? Or is it? I haven't seen anythig about it. It just sounds like another story to play off of. But this is what I thought. Maybe its Delsins job to Revive Cole? Like maybe theres another new gang, or the military from the looks of it. Holding Coles body, because of the reason of just to dangerous? They could just as well wipe Coles powers and make the Third and FINAL game. Or I'm just making up and excuse because I want mah Cole.
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Well, it's set seven years after Cole Mcgrath's episodes. So, I'm wondering if how you played the other two games will effect the environment in this game...

Also, I'm glad that they didn't just call this Infamous 3 because it would be misleading people into thinking that Cole will be the main character once again. They called it Infamous: Second Son because it's a new character and new environment. But it basically is Infamous 3.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Its like ascension In a way. Just not a prequel. Itshonnaset the stage for Cole's next adventure after the franchise could have ended
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm

So can he do this? lol

Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 pm

I guess why the hell not
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

interesting tidbit of info. the trailer is in engine not pre rendered. the game actually looks like that. i assumed it was pre rendered like most infamous trailers before the launch window.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Well regardless, lets say Cole was protected and kept under the government as a dangerous weapon. And Delsin doesnt look that old. He would of course would have to grow up in those seven years.. Idk I feel like you could still play with Delsin but put him in this story to make Cole come back. I hate to see Cole dead and gone.. Not just yet.
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:39 pm

*Puts hand over Epic's shoulder*

I understand that you miss Cole. I actually do too. But c'mon, I think he deserves a rest for one game. I can still definitely see there being a "true" Infamous 3 with Cole returning. This game in no way makes that impossible. It's just a fresh new take to help make the series branch out more. Just try it out and give Delsin that chance that you gave Cole when you first heard about and played Infamous without putting him in someone's shadow, the character at least deserves that.

I'm just kind of glad that Sucker Punch didn't just decide to go all cliché and make the new hero black or a girl just to appeal to different audiences. Not that it's wrong or anything and I wouldn't care if Delsin had those features, I'm just one of those people that doesn't want push "change" just because of, well, change. If you see something in the story that requires those aesthetics to make it possible and used to the best potential, go right ahead. But it isn't a bad thing if you still do it just for kicks or go with another similar looking hero like Delsin is to Cole on certain levels. This paragraph wasn't really needed, but I just felt like saying it.

Also, it would be awesome if because of his smoke powers that Evil Delsin would be able to create sulfur which would kill enemies if they breathe it in. Just something I came up with.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:interesting tidbit of info. the trailer is in engine not pre rendered. the game actually looks like that. i assumed it was pre rendered like most infamous trailers before the launch window.
Don't take this as me trying to make you look dumb, but wouldn't that be a good reason as to why it was shown off at the Sony Presentation for the PS4? All the trailers that you saw were in-game engines to show off the capabilities of the new console.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm

i guess. but the hype machine pyro......anything to fuel it!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top