Infamous: Second Son Discussion

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infamous: Second Son Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Fetch? I thought she said her nickname was bitch... XD

And I doubt that you won't be able to go back, considering how you use the touch screen to switch powers. However, the powers you get appear to be based on choices, like in Infamous 2 where being Good got you Ice and being Evil got you Fire.

And from what I read in GameInformer regarding Second Son's story, you pretty much hit the nail in the head with how you make choices. Still, I hope that you don't HAVE to be Evil in order to use powers, because that would suck. Hard. And maybe even swallow a bit. Nonetheless, that makes me wonder if the guy that Delsin touched for smoke powers died as well.

And thank you. Still, won't lie. Felt a bit ticked off because I've always been into science, albeit I did very poorly in Biology last year. So you owning me hit a bit of a nerve. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 pm

BACK TO SCIENCE! 

Personally I think its Light power for a number of reasons.

1 power over neon (to my knowledge the lights aren't plasma its just ionised neon. These signs have been around since before the thought of harnessing plasma privately had been around) is just dumb. Unless your in a bad part of town these signs aren't around often. Plus smoke is already a gas. 

2 The effect when he absorbs the substance from the sign. If he was taking plasma/neon from the sign  sucker punch woulda had the sign crack like when cole took electricity and it sparked. How else would it get out. Also the power moved in waves clearly. Only light out of these 3 can travel in waves. 

Also count electricity and light, are not I repeat ARE NOT states of matter.they are charged electrons (hence the name) and particles respectively. This shall serve you well in science classes.

now onto the choice thing....I expect delsin to treat his brother like that, just from appearance and description. I also think that pyro is right and you can recruit her or drain her. She will probably work like homies in saints row. Another option is draining her partially to copy her powers but keep her Alive.

also on counts note of infamous 2 notice that as delsin drains powers he works within their limitations and power sources. Cole once he got ice/fire could drain their power from his own source. Pretty neat.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:57 pm

I know electricity and light aren't states of matter. I'm not a freaking dunce. I just said earlier that, at least to my knowledge, electricity is known as a specific form of plasma. And I knew the charged electrons fact as well.

And no, that just seems really douchey. I mean, I can see why someone would get ticked off at having a brother trying to control the situation, but Delsin literally strangles his wrist and has a bit of a dark tone. And in a bit of a selfish way, if I might add. That's just me though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Lol your clearly an only child count if you think that's out of the ordinary. Delsins a Dick anyway, clearly, but that's just sibling rivalry. Its probably a parallel to Cole and Zeke. From their interactions I can tell that Delsins the youngest and clearly the screwup. His brother is the favorite and a bit stuck up and always the boss. So now he has power...

And the guy got kicks doing graffiti and wears a beanie and chain (it was an accessory at first) he's clearly a Dick head. He's also a smartass. Once again like Cole he will be a very real character for somebody so extraordinary.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Okay, now you're acting like I've never experienced like that, which is clearly wrong as I had a relationship like that with my godsister (who I saw nearly everyday) throughout my childhood, where we would bicker, fight, and all of that good stuff. It could be how they merely act, but I'm just trying to make a point about ho this could easily be in line with an Evil morality response. Or at least something more negative than what you could say, if you have a choice. And I'd appreciate it if you don't belittle me like I'm a spoiled brat. I'm just trying to go along with what Sucker Punch, not me, would try to interpret that as through players.

He's a smartass, of course, but it's one thing to be a dick and then act violent and legitimately intimidating. Believe me, I know from experience.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Its not the same my friend. I've seen this happen between my sisters in the exact same way and tone (i can't interact like that with them I could literally break them) as delsin and Rowe bro did. And on the flip side my neighbors kids have Been in my house since they were born nigh on every day and I know its not the same. I'm not saying your spoiled I'm saying that I know this shit. 

As I said direct parallels. You and your godsister would be cole and Zeke. My two sisters (and this is quite common between siblings) would be the Rowe Bros. Its just how this shit works. Its actually perfectly explainable if you wanna know but I'm lazy.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 pm

And you don't think I've been in situations where either me or my godsister put our hands on each other? Granted, we've on better terms over the years (for the most part), but still. I can't compare, but don't act like you know who I am and exactly how I can relate to things. I don't exactly take too kindly to that.

Did you really just compare me and my godsister to Cole and Zeke? I'm sorry to inform you this, but that is one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen typed for as long as I could see.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Well if your as close as you say than logically yes. Your close but have your fights, probably hit each other quite often. But you make up. It can take a while but still you do no matter how big the incident. So you two don't piss on cops or get each other laid. (which is illegal at your age....the first one at any age) the basis of the realationship should be the same if not closer. Of course given how little details I have its a shot in the dark. But its probably as close as you can get. being neither legit siblings or same gender. you two are far away from the Rowe bros. 

I have seen conflicts worse than this over keyboards (both direct family and not) so if the object was super powers or an ally I could relate too but my sisters wanted to take that away despite the fact it could help countless people or further our cause I would probably break their hands not just twist them. projecting myself into delsins shoes, which is easier than you may think , I definitely would especially given the background he clearly has, and the superiority and dominance and downright bossyness the brother has shown.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm not interested in this topic anymore and I feel like we've gotten off-track. So you're free to claim supremacy on whether or not you can relate that much, which I can believe. However, just to get it out of the way, yes, you got the fight things right, but as for being "close" and just making up, you are far off. At least earlier throughout our childhood. One of us usually tries to act dominant and in control as if they're morally right while the other feels as if they're being subjugated. Or one or the other decides to do something stupid or gets sick of he other getting favored or being lazy, which easily leads in to something hectic happening. Or one of us would try to provoke each other on purpose in order to make the other look bad or try to find amusement. Or one or both of us has a bad day and wants to take it out on the other or a normal conversation or action leads to a chain of events. Or one of us could get in trouble because you're just believing that you're doing the right thing all of the time and are the cause or that you're unjustifiably blamed when the other gets to walk scott-free all of the time. Or one of us could really just get pissed off at the other for really no reason but just getting sick of how they act, whether it concerns you or not. Now, I'm not saying that it's just all like that and every day it's doom and gloom and that we never had any fun moments because there's plenty when you know each other for pretty much your whole life, but the relationship was fairly dysfunctional, at least in hindsight regarding my opinion.

There's really a whole lot of shit. I'm not saying that I'm anywhere near your relationship with your sibling(s) and I'm not trying to impose that at all (I'm only trying to explain why i might have experience to back up what I feel on this trailer). However, saying that our relationship is like Zeke and Cole is just wrong. And believe me, I have that type of relationship with a couple of my own best friends where we have little/big spats, maybe don't talk for a long while, feel like the other person is now an enemy and that you've moved on, have a bit of a misunderstanding, but ultimately make up and stand for each other in the end. I know the difference, and at least with what I've gone through with my godsister, a relationship like Cole and Zeke is far from that. How I'd classify that though, I don't even really know.

Okay, now I feel that this conversation is getting a bit awkward when considering the topic at hand. No offense. Moving on, it seems that we got another source of smoke in the environment, which is secreted from brokedown vehicles. With all of the powers that could be in this game, it's going to be amazing how all of these resources are going to be laid out across the overworld of Seattle.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah ok we shall leave it there (you seemed to get worked up anyway so I was gonna cut it off) 

and count...they revealed that a long time ago. About march. And common sense revealed that a long time ago. 

You have a point though. Just how many sources can we pull from?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Won't lie. I was a bit ticked off. I wasn't going to blow the house down and lose my cool, but my emotions did have a bit of an influence. I don't know. For some reason, I'm apparently on my period today.

And I know that was both obvious and revealed, when thinking back to GameInformer and shiz. It's just that this is the first time (well, at least for me), that I literally saw it. I'm just mainly thinking about how many sources there could be in an environment though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:14 pm

no comment "coughputinyourtamponscough".... Sorry itch throat.

it was in the gameinformer shizz (gameplay I mean). The basically confirmed that any source of flame can be a source of smoke. And if power fetch is light then we can pull from head lights and stuff. I can see killing with some powers providing power sources to others. Like flame powers (cole had tar) giving way to smoke, electricity to light and fire to water like how you could pull a small charge from foes after killing them within a time frame with cole
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Eh, I'm probably just going to go commando.

Just so you know, by literally seeing it, I meant gameplay-wise. Not reading-wise.

Still, here's the thing about light. Why exactly can't sunlight be used as a source? Of course, the element could specifically be artificial light so it won't be incredibly OP during daytime. Nice thinking on the powers giving way to resources info though. You make a really great point.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Sun light has a different composition, so yeah. That or that will be a loophole.

I also wonder can we change power mid melee combo, to allow for chain attacks (pun intended)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm

I didn't know that you intended to make a pub. Pass me some vodka, will you?

I'd laugh my ass of if when Delsin tries to use mix his chain with a water power, that it rusts.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Actually question....can delsin swim or are fountains still instadeaths.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Count Mario wrote:I know electricity and light aren't states of matter. I'm not a freaking dunce. I just said earlier that, at least to my knowledge, electricity is known as a specific form of plasma. And I knew the charged electrons fact as well.

And no, that just seems really douchey. I mean, I can see why someone would get ticked off at having a brother trying to control the situation, but Delsin literally strangles his wrist and has a bit of a dark tone. And in a bit of a selfish way, if I might add. That's just me though.
You should see what I did to my brother when he tried to do that. Hehe... He ain't gonna try that again for a while...

And lpool's right. Sunlight uses different variants of light than our electric lights do.

Also, I believe in an interview, Greg Miller was talking about the things Delsin can and Cole can't do. 

"I mean, he can get in cars, he can jump through vents, he can take a freaking shower now!"

Last edited by Pyro-Hem on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Depends. If they are instadeaths, than Sucker Punch pretty much ripped-off the fundamentals of Devil Fruits from One Piece.

Now that I think about it, I'm now imagining an Evil morality quest where you're tasked with polluting public parks by swimming in the fountains and lakes. XD

Pyro, we sort of talked about that already. Okay, fine, siblings do that stuff. I figured as much, but I just thought that in-game standards might make that an Evil reaction. Can we just get that out of the way, please?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:43 pm

They could be a bunch of dicks and say that because he's smoke, he dissipates in the water... lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 pm

......dammit. Your probably right pyro joke or not.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Well, that too. And if he's light, his body's molecules could be reflected and scattered lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 pm

So basically we can reduce powers down to stuff that dissolves in the worlds best solvent...yay. 

actually that makes water more viable to allow water missions.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, it could be that. Or the cohesion can permanently bond your body to a pool water, thus you can't ever leave and will essentially commit suicide. what 

Man... water's a bitch.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Or you could basically be aquaman.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Or you could be like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Great, now I'm imagining the DUP officers singing this whenever you're dead:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next