Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is your favorite Sonic game in the main series?

8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Post by shikiyakumo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 pm

shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:14 pm

I surprisingly like it lol

I love Knuckles on roids to be honest! :P
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Sonic had my optimism after Generations, but that was killed by Lost World. Seriously, that game is the exact opposite of a system seller; I play my Wii U LESS because I have Sonic: Lost World. I'm now back to assuming mediocrity at the very best when it comes to the blue blur.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:31 pm

lol I still enjoyed Lost World quite a bit. But even so, seeing these open world environments and alternate playable characters with this crisp artstyle (barring the mediocre character models) has me hyped. Especially with this being a new dev group outside of Sonic Team, even though I personally think they've redeemed themselves since Colors. *pops open Flame Shield capsule* 

With that, and I'm also glad that the original voice actors were kept (well, at least until I hear Amy. Her new look is preferable to her old one, but there's only so many Minnie Mouse impressions you take lol). I'm just praying to God for online multiplayer though, since this game does look to include multiple players at once, obviously. It could be like Heroes, but much better with varied and intuitive level layouts that bring forth interesting gameplay mechanics.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:54 am

shikiyakumo wrote:

dude!  Shiki, did you draw this?
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:05 am

papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:49 pm

ok the art style is pretty good and some of the character designs are growing on me (Amy looks alot Better, i actually think the Blue Arms suit Sonic (the scarf though...) and Tails feels about right but Knuckles...he found the roids huh?) and yes the show looks pretty good, very R&C esque but i'm still getting 06 vibes from the gameplay or at least Unleashed but i dunno why. Still Former R&C/Jak/Crash guys? you know i would be hyped if Size Matters and Lost Frontier didnt exists (why does Lost Frontier exist?)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 pm

this_is_marko wrote:
shikiyakumo wrote:

dude!  Shiki, did you draw this?
Nope. i wish i did though. lol
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 pm

At first I didn't care about the Sonic Boom announcement, but after I found out who is working on it which is BigRedButton (a.k.a Ex-Naughty Dog employees).  I become really interested in this project because, it's basically Naughty Dog.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:40 pm

i love amys and tails new designs and sonics is eeeh but knuckles get off the roids man
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:01 pm

This is a "Crash to Uncharted 1" Naughty Dog employee/studio. One that's never done anything notable itself; hell, it's never done ANYTHING itself, not even a port. If this guy was the director of one of those games, maybe it'd mean something, but working at Naughty Dog doesnt mean you're necessarily ND quality, especially modern ND quality. Look at Rubin; he left and ended up getting his next company into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The good thing is that they've been working on this for over two years, three times the development of most Sonic games (lol).

And I'd you doubt my comment about Naughty Dog quality not being guaranteed, at least a few SuperBot employees worked there for a while. Knowing your opinion on SuperBot, my point is made.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:26 pm

DP wrote:This is a "Crash to Uncharted 1" Naughty Dog employee/studio. One that's never done anything notable itself; hell, it's never done ANYTHING itself, not even a port. If this guy was the director of one of those games, maybe it'd mean something, but working at Naughty Dog doesnt mean you're necessarily ND quality, especially modern ND quality. Look at Rubin; he left and ended up getting his next company into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The good thing is that they've been working on this for over two years, three times the development of most Sonic games (lol).

And I'd you doubt my comment about Naughty Dog quality not being guaranteed, at least a few SuperBot employees worked there for a while. Knowing your opinion on SuperBot, my point is made.
Let's be honest, THQ was heading towards Chapter 11 bankruptcy with, or without Jason Rubin in charge.  That much we should be able to agree with, no one could have brought THQ back from the dead.  On this hand, though, I do expect that they can make a quality game on par with the Naughty Dog standard.

I know my opinion of SuperBot, but the team isn't majority SuperBot.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:34 pm

yeah DP THQ was going into bankruptcy before jason toke over ant it was at a point where you really couldn't stop it

i'll stay optimistic on this game it has some things i like about it but i'll wiat and see what happens
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:55 am

A front man as credited as Rubin is should be able to turn around a company, if he's as quality as people claim. Which, of course, he's not; look at his or Gavin's resumes after 2004. A social game, a failed company for the former, books for the latter, another company/website sold to Fox, aaaand that's it. You can't give endless praise to people that haven't done anything in a decade and then brush off a failure because "they're great!" THQ was always fucked when he took over, but with how much people overstate Rubin and Gavin's relevance, you'd think Rubin could have saved them with his eyes closed. The crowning achievement of these men was a 3D Donkey Kong Country game. Don't assume that everything they and their company touches turns to gold. Otherwise you'll get Fuse. If we take out factors such as budget, developer quality, game direction, publisher interference, timeframe, and dozens of others, yeah, maybe it'll be good because there are a few Naughty Dog employees. Ignoring every factor besides one name is flat-out stupid though; it's still this company's first game together, their first time touching this engine, the first Wii U game on CryEngine 3, the first Sonic game not on Havok since 2006, a Western game published by an Eastern company (let's remember that this can be problematic - need I bring up the Sonic Chronicles game that was made by Bioware that was mediocre because Sega is still Sega), and let's say it together: A Sonic game. The franchise is almost cursed, and to claim not that Naughty Dog could fix it, but a regular guy who once worked at Naughty Dog can do so with his ragtag team of castaways, because he once worked at Naughty Dog and is therefore good, is possibly the most retarded thing one could argue.

If it turns out well, it will not be because Naughty Dog's guardian angel is watching over this guy, it'll be because the studio was given the correct environment in which to succeed. You name any game that has failed in some way, I can guarantee you almost every time it will be because of a damaging environment.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm

ZELDA LEVEL! ZELDA LEVEL! ZELDA LEVEL!
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Why wasn't the rest of the game that good? Open world, np timer, dungeons, etc.

I might have to consider playing Lost World again.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Because gravity.
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 pm

So Sonic Boom Happened.

Boom is the appropriate term here.

The Cartoon seems to be decent, probably equal in quality to Sonic X, which isn't bad by any means and definitely worth a watch 

The Games are legitimate cancer, so much so they make 06 look like a good game, they would make DP run home and make passionate love to his copy of Lost World (if he still owns it) and beg it to take him back (I am not ripping on Lost World, just DPs hilarious hatred for it.)

this sums it up best

Yeah. i wouldn't link something like this if it wasn't 100% accurate. 

Glitches that crash the game just as bad as 06 but in a less WTFery kind of way, so you won't laugh. oh and the abuse with Knuckles to skip most of the game by pausing while jumping, can't forget that. A Plot that almost makes 06s look bearable. and the gameplay....oh my god no. Frame issues, horrible textures and a complete lack of speed.
IN
A

SONIC
GAME!

It moves at a speed comparable to other platformers with secondary genres, like the Playstation Golden Trio, but then lacks that sub genre outside of really monotonous, one button, slow combat. I wanna replay the werehog sections of unleashed just to show how bad it is, when one of the most hated things in sonic history is MILES better than the STANDARD MECHANIC OF THIS GAME!

Its a Ratchet Game, without any of Ratchets good qualities, with a Sonic skin, horrible, immature one liners and characters that talk so much, they make Dr Nefarious need for a few million more bolts to acquire a new space station seem tame. actually calling it all 4 one in a classic ratchet pov without All 4 Ones  redeeming qualities. and slower. i can't stress this enough, its one of the slowest games in existence and its a SONIC GAME!

but there are speed sections. oh those exist. its where most of the glitches are! its more on the rails than Unleashed for Speed (I love unleashed day, but its very on the rails) with the control and responsiveness.

Oh and you can't die, cause following tradition your health bar is rings, but unlike coins in 3d mario...

RINGS ARE EVERYWHERE!

06 even had more redeeming qualities than this pile of garbage, case blaze and sonic had decent gameplay, relatively speaking. 

I'm Glad Sonic team is still doing its own thing (DID I JUST SAY THAT?) Cause i see the potential in Lost Worlds gameplay, and its story was pretty good. yes it wasn't a perfect first effort, but its the first step on the path to 2D sonic in 3d, done in a way that doesn't shit in those of us who enjoy modern sonic. the beginnings of a blissful inbetween, as if the two halves of Generations became one.

If this was the entire future of Sanic, he wouldn't make it to Smash 5. 

you can't kill a gaming icon this big, The cries to free megaman and even crash prove that, and sonic is above them. even still Sega are damm well trying.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Actually... I completely agree with you, lpool. I can't argue a single damn thing. Although just to be fair, I feel like the one aspect of Boom that had potential and such were the landscapes and how beautiful they look, at least concept wise. Plus, it was the first time Metal Sonic ever had such an active continuing role in a Sonic story besides the Last Story in Sonic Heroes, and it at least had some sort of an interesting premise with the background lore they tried to bring in to the story (not that it was executed in a good fashion lol). But that's the most credit I can give it, it really is a pitiful sight and this is going to be the first major 3D Sonic game that I'm going to just skip over buying.

Last edited by Count Mario on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:28 pm

B-but former Naughty Dogs made it, it CAN'T be bad!

Bye bye Big Red Button. I've heard Sanzaru's version on 3DS is passable, even if barely a Sonic game. So that's good. 

Nobody believed me when I said 06 was one of the best Sonic Games. Maybe now, after two abortions in a row, people will start believing me.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:54 pm

No DP, Lost World was polarizing, its a love it or hate it thing. Alot of people like it, and its getting more and more love as time passes. The Patches have made it a better game too. the only reason it got as much negative press as it did in the first place was probably cause it was after generations. its not that bad. 

Mean While 06 and this shit take every game design rule known to man, squat over it and take a huge dump on it

Also i heard the 3ds version is NOT Passable, just the better version. its still really bad, if you want Sonic on your 3ds, play Genrations, Lost World or go back to Rush on the DS DON'T TOUCH THIS SHIT

Count Mario wrote:Actually... I completely agree with you, pool. I can't a single damn thing. Although just to be fair, I feel like the one aspect of Boom that had potential and such were the landscapes and how beautiful they look, at least concept wise. Plus, it was the first time Metal Sonic ever had such an active continuing role in a Sonic story besides the Last Story in Sonic Heroes, and it at least had some sort of an interesting premise with the background lore they tried to bring in to the story (not that it was executed in a good fashion lol). But that's the most credit I can give it, it really is a pitiful sight and this is going to be the first major 3D Sonic game that I'm going to just skip over buying.

Thank you for reminding me of Metal. In true Metal fashion, he shows up in a disgustingly horrible game (Heros kinda counts here cause although its loved now, we hated it at the time, kinda like Shadow the Hedgehog in reverse) and is a small bright moment during his boss battle. also once again Sonic can't take him down on his own. has he done that since CD? AND EVEN THEN, its like what they did to Shadow....poor Shadow.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:24 pm

I had more trouble with Lost World than 06. That's not an exaggeration. 06 was consistently broken which worked in its favor. Lost World had lower lows and lower highs. Maybe the DLC patches made it better but I'll never know because I'm never buying that game again.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Meh Suit yourself. I guarantee you the next Sonic Team Sonic Game will play the same way. i guess the gameplay just isn't for you. WHich is understandable. It is a very flawed game. just alot better than 06. like you said 06 was consistently broken, you learned to laugh at it, most probably if you've been playing it for an extended time like a mad man, whereas Lost Worlds busted stuff, which are mostly gone now, came out of nowhere, thus your frustration (AND IT IS REAL FREAKIN FRUSTRATING) Makes it seem worse. 

But when your saying its worse than the game with Its no use, the ball puzzle, bestiality and slingshot into space from a scripted loop-d-loop, you need to reevaluate your life choices.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:36 pm

A debate over 06's redeem ability? There's no going back now once these words have been said.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:59 pm

The next Sonic will surely be just as bad, yeah. If they don't take the Generations route, that's a definite. Sonic is effectively a dead franchise; it has been since Adventure 1 IMO, with a brief foray into decency with Generations (and Colors, despite its slippery handling)
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top