Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is your favorite Sonic game in the main series?

8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Post by DP on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:40 am

It's not that he's hard. It's that I always had no rings from the start because it spawned me next to him when I was across the fight area before that. So then any little shit fucked me. He's an easy boss, obviously. I just hope the game starts feeling decent soon lol. There's way too many questionable things (WHY PUT THE WISP ON THE GAMEPAD? YOU CAN'T WATCH FROM THE GAMEPAD UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO SO WHY NOT MAKE IT ONE OF THE NINE BUTTONS YOU DIDN'T USE INSTEAD OF MAKING ME STOP MOVING TO LOOK AT THE USELESS GAMEPAD? JONTRON WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU, SONIC TEAM.) to make it enjoyable. And nothing is too downright shitty like 06 which makes it funny. So far I've enjoyed 06 more.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:48 am

Spawns you next to him? At the end of Act 4, you run to the right side of the screen until he pops up and roars from the left after your little routine, in which you're then right in the middle of the camera. Yet you're saying that you spawn right next to him. DAT SHUDNT BEH POZZIBLE. Literally lol.

Seriously though, I've heard complaints going from the Wisps to Red Rings placement to BS reasoning on "too much platforming" to awkward parkour segments to the two cheap-as-hell 2D rail levels in the game to having to use the Flying Kick move as much as the Homing Attack to the lack of a cutscene theatre system to the awkwardness of the charged Homing Attack, etc, but I haven't seen ANYTHING like you're describing in my playthrough or pretty anything I've read on any Sonic forums or anywhere else. Not that I mean to discredit/not believe you or anything, but... wtf is happening with your Lost World disk? XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:59 am

Was there a patch? Maybe that's the problem lol.

But yeah, it spawns me right under the yellow ball's first drop, even though I HAVE to get to the far right to initiate the fight lol.

Desert Zone 1 has brightened shit up CONSIDERABLY though. Still annoying as shit but at least it was entertaining too.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:02 am

Yes. Several. XD Granted, I didn't play it day one, but a few days after, and there was already a patch (but even then, I still have no idea how that type of shit happens from what I've heard and seen from walkthroughs and such).

By the way, might I ask how you think of the Flying Kick move? Just curious.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:13 am

I've only done it once. It's pretty cool.

And the rest of Des(s)ert Zone has helped solidify the game as not totally shit to me. Acts and 3 were great.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:19 am

Yay, I'm glad that the rest of the game didn't end up going... downhill.

...I'm so sorry, DP, please don't ban me.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:21 am

Famous last words.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:25 pm

I've figured out how Lost World's level design works.

Act 1 of each zone is mediocre to decent. Act 2 is total garbage. Act 3 is pretty bad. Act 4 is total garbage. And they all last way too long.

This game almost gives me a positive experience every new Zone I enter, and then sucks it away with bad level design, bad explanations of mechanics, bad mechanics, and several instances of bullshit in each level.

I've game overed on the same spot in Silent Forest Act 2 three times because of instakill shit. Lost World actually makes me want to play my Wii U LESS.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Keep on making me laugh out of sadism, DP. Please never stop bashing on Lost World. XD

Anyways, this image was just leaked from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, in which Sonic would most likely appear due to all of its merchandise and such.

Yep... Sonic is bound to have a new main game out for multiple platforms this year, a cgi Sonic Boom cartoon has already been confirmed to be appearing on Cartoon Network some time ago, the unrevealed game could be the third and final Nintendo-exclusive Sonic title in the three-game deal with Nintendo that includes Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games, and there is a Sonic Boom special event that happens annually in North America. 

So every box is ticked except for one thing. A CGI movie. Given Sonic's notable presence on Wreck-It Ralph and SEGA desire to milk utilize the franchise on many mediums, is it really a surprise that they would go for a CGI movie after games like Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, and Heavenly Sword got their fair share? In fact, it was recently leaked about a month ago that Sony acquired movie domain rights to a Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sony-pictures-registers-sonic-movie-domains/

So what do you think, guys? Curious about the new Sonic game this year? Want to know more about the Sonic Boom show in order to find out how much it butchers the source material? Or, of course, are you concerned about the video game movie empire that Sony has gradually been building up for some time now?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm

The movie will probably be a straight to DVD thing just because it's Sonic and who is gonna go to a theater to see the recent Sonic dialogue/puns? Kids, that's who. And we all know kids movies don't fare well in theaters.

Wait.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:04 pm

lol

But I would say that Lost World has some fairly decent dialogue that can be taken more seriously than Colors or Generations.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm

A lot of it is still pretty cringey though, you can't deny that lol
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Yeah, but for a Sonic game (and especially after recent games), it's actually rather impressive. You know, for Sonic's standards. I mean, c'mon, this scene was just badass:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh, Eggman is fantastic. But that's the only real compliment I can give Lost World.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:50 pm

XD I see what you mean. But I'd also wager that Tails actually has some rather nice characterization too, especially compared to how he usually was pre-Colors with kissing Sonic's ass and being extremely naive.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:59 pm

Expect details, images, and maybe even footage of the new major multiplatform Sonic game (and possibly the third Nintendo-exclusive Sonic game), the Sonic Boom show, and possibly even the heavily rumored CGI movie tomorrow. I'm pretty damn hyped right about now, I didn't think we'd be getting news this soon.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 am

Count Mario wrote:

Expect details, images, and maybe even footage of the new major multiplatform Sonic game (and possibly the third Nintendo-exclusive Sonic game), the Sonic Boom show, and possibly even the heavily rumored CGI movie tomorrow. I'm pretty damn hyped right about now, I didn't think we'd be getting news this soon.

woah...knuckles is massive!
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:24 am

Actually, that's the teaser image for the Sonic Boom cartoon. Which I'm quite scared of, by the way. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, like I always do, but still...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 am

Ohhhhhhh no. Last time we were promised a renaissance period, we got Elise.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:38 pm

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/a_sonic_boom_game_is_dashing_towards_wii_u_and_3ds

It's a Sonic Boom game. Great.

On the bright side for Sonic, Sanzaru is developing the 3DS version. But that's bad news for Sly. And since it probably won't be good, this is pretty much bad news for all.

Edit: It looks to be a 4P co-op a la A4O.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:59 pm

I don't know what it looks like..actually I do. It's 06. It's happening again. It looks like they are including too many playstyles and is going to master none of em. The trailer is so tonely confused and...

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Okay, four isn't as bad as:
Sonic/Blaze
Mach Speed
Tails
Knuckles/Rouge
Silver
Amy
Shadow
Shadow Jeep
Shadow Bike
Shadow Glider
Shadow Hovercraft
Shadow [insert other vehicles I missed]
E102

Which is at least 12, depending on what you count as separate styles. I don't have much faith in this game but I don't have THAT little either. And since Sonic Team isn't involved it might be decent.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 pm

so i might as well bring this up

First Preview: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5387...ve-him-a-scarf

Summary:
-Big Red Button (Wii U) and Sanzaru (3DS) are making the game. The two SKUs are different games in the same universe.
-Sonic Boom Wii U is what the info below pertains to.
-The game runs on CryEngine.
-Big Red Button is lead by Bob Rafei, a Naughty Dog veteran of the Jak & Daxter series and Uncharted 1. A lot of the team members also worked on Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank.
-The Sonic Boom series as a whole is being run out of Sega of America as a fully Westernized version of the franchise, whereas Sonic Team in Japan is managing the Japanese based series. The concept actually started with the TV show (made in France) and then they decided to make games with Western devs to support that.
-While speed is an element in the game, it's not the main focus for the Sonic Boom series.
-Combat and "strong narrative" are major aspects of the game.
-While not an open world, the levels are notably more open to allow for more exploration based gameplay. They describe it as "a series of classic sandbox levels branching out into more levels in a spoke-like system".
-There is a "critical path" and also a lot of side content that you can do if you want to, similar to other open world/sandbox type games.
-The game director notes that his experience on Uncharted was part of their influence in making the game in a more action/adventure direction, and that the team is making a game they would want to play. However, they want to make sure it still feels like a Sonic game instead of just Jak or Ratchet with a Sonic skin.
-Each character has different special abilities which tie into both combat and exploration.
-They made Amy Rose a much bigger character in the game because they wanted there to be more strong female characters and also for the game to appeal to girls more. They also note "If she was to break out and have a game of her own you'd probably get an idea of what that would look like based on this game."
-Their goal is that each of the four characters feel unique gameplay wise and like main characters instead of just Sonic and a bunch of supporting cast.
-The game has 2 to 4 player co-op. I'm having issues finding it right now, but I believe I saw another preview that said the game features 2 player co-op for the whole campaign and some modes that support 4 player, but I could be wrong.
-The new main enemy is "darker and more foreboding than Eggman is."
-Sonic Team will still make games focused on speed that aren't part of the Sonic Boom series. These are being developed in parallel, so (Nirolak's conjecture) expecting annualization is not unreasonable.

it looks like a interesting take on sonic and if i can get over some of the design probs sure i'll give it a try
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

The open world type thing sounds decent, and while I don't automatically trust a developer because he/she worked on Ratchet (look at Size Matters), they're a hell of a lot more preferable to Sonic Team. Amy possibly being able to get her own game made me vomit a little though. Silver, Eggman, or even Big deserve a game first, and only one of those actually deserves a game.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Sonic Boom TV Series Trailer:

You know, this... this looks actually looks GOOD. It actually gives me vibes of the TMNT show from Nick, which is definitely a good sign, and the quotes sounded almost as good as something you'd expect from a Ratchet & Clank game. This is pretty awesome! Now, I'm not going to hail this clip as the best thing ever or a perfect indicator of what to expect, but it's actually a pretty nice indicator of me actually enjoying the first animated show I've given a damn about since Regular Show. And this is coming from someone who has "mixed feelings" regarding every other Sonic show.

Now as for the game itself...

Sonic Boom Video Game Trailer:

First off, those environments gave me a Ratchet & Clank feel as soon as I saw the machinery pop up. I'm not going to jump to conclusions as to whether or not the game will be good or bad (I'm one of the more optimistic people when it comes to Sonic games though) just from these short clips of gameplay, but c'mon, it's at least a relief to FINALLY have characters besides Sonic playable again. With these types of developers at the helm, I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this. It looks somewhat promising, but I can't be sure of anything yet from what I just saw.

As for the character designs, I surprisingly like them. Even Knuckles. They don't stretch to far from the source material that much at all yet still keep a sort of attractive contemporary/unique style for this series. I can dig it. 

And the best part of all of this is that even with the game coming out, this won't be replacing the original game franchise in any way, this is just a branch-off series in another universe like the multiple Mega Man series. SEGA... You have my kudos for this decent first impression.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top