Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is your favorite Sonic game in the main series?

8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:17 am

Not humorous? That sandwich line.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:20 am

I said no shoehorned or out of place dialogue/humor that makes you want to cringe. In the previous trailer, you can see Zomom eating a sandwich, which obviously means that Eggman gave it to him earlier. Which therefore means that it makes sense in context. This isn't like Tails' translator talking about wearing salad or loony nurses while they're on foreign planets and trying to converse with Wisps in order to find out how to stop Eggman after taking down bosses and shutting down generators holding said planets in close distance.

EDIT: Additionally, there are six acts confirmed for each level. So that means that every group of two in each level either be dedicated to being Parkour-based, 2D-based, and Speed-based. Just thought that I should let you know.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Just when it couldn't get any better, new Wisps have revealed by Famitsu! Specifically pertaining to the Wisps on the 3DS version, I might add.

Firstly, the Red Wisp is coming back for Round Two.

Hey look, we get to use it in 3D. Might be more interesting then it seems.

Barring that boring news though, we have two more NEW Wisps! Remember though, we don't know if these are 3DS exclusive or not.

Wow, I am really liking these Wisp designs! I'm calling themGold Bolt and Grey Quake.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 pm

sweet got it reserved though i gotta wonder how many of the other sonic characters are gonna be in it even as just cameos
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:54 pm

It's only going to be Sonic, Tails, Eggman, the Deadly Six, Knuckles, Amy, and Wisps. That's it. And I'm more then fine with that.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:10 am

Count Mario wrote:It's only going to be Sonic, Tails, Eggman, the Deadly Six, Knuckles, Amy, and Wisps. That's it. And I'm more then fine with that.
 thats cool though i hope they dont forget about the good other sonic characters they have for future games like vector and i kinda have a soft spot for shadow too but pleease sega no more chip's or princess elise's heck take some characters from the comic before making more shitty ones
aaaanyway im hoping they do a good job with the story in this one
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, SEGA has to work on getting some good characterization and story with specific old and new characters with the Colors writers before moving up the latter. And I'm proud of that, especially since there seems to be progress by looking at the cutscenes.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I swear, this game just never stops impressing me. At this point, it has the potential to be my favorite Sonic game. Seriously, this THE game I've been hyped for the most this year. <3

And finally, a Black Wisp! I've been waiting for that color to be used, actually. The multiplayer definitely looks to be a step-up from the only-2D and bland landscapes of Colors. Co-op actually looks decent (and arguably a bit better than Galaxy 2's co-op, but that really isn't saying much at all), although I'd still prefer something like Sonic and Tails working together (although I'm still fine with Tails' role as the tech guy, and feel that it suits him perfectly. Still wouldn't mind him being playable though.). The music is sexy and it's a huge relief to know that the rest of the Deadly Six talk, which I expected but still glad about, nonetheless.

And lastly, here is footage of the levels playable from the Gamescom demo.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:39 am

Like with Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations, Archie Comics is doing their own prologue of the story in one of their upcoming comics in order to promote the game. I've posted the link to all of the images in the newly posted preview below this paragraph, but I've personally cropped them out so that you could read them all on this one page, just for you guys. Because I like you all a LOT. YAY
...Now don't take that too seriously. pissed 

http://www.halloweencomicfest.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES_PDF/STK620001-640000/STK621221.pdf

Seriously, I am REALLY liking the Deadly Six. Zavok actually sounds legitimately intimidating, and we learn that they're actually hardcore douchebags, but with unique personalities that compliment each other. Meanwhile most of the villains in the Sonic franchise (besides the good o'l Doctor and of course Metal Sonic) either have one or none of those two things, and those that do have both end up turning good (such as Shadow, Merlina, Knuckles, and Silver). I really hope that they remain as villains because if they turn out to be popular (which is near-inevitable at this point), they're likely to reappear. And God knows that it would be good development for the franchise to have recurring villains ASIDE from just Eggman and Metal Sonic.

By the way, I loved how Orbot and Cubot "subtly" referenced the similarities between Windy Hill and Green Hill. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:18 am

It seems like it'll be a bit less campy, which is goo. Campy Colors-era Sonic can only last so long. Giving full humor to the characters is a good call.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:04 am

To be honest, I think the Colors' writers were limited by SEGA and Sonic's reputation concerning the storylines of the past two latest installments. I mean, Colors doesn't really have that much of a detailed story and keeps an overly cheerful tone despite having some themes that could've easily been (and were hinted to be) dark, such as Wisp enslavement, Nega Wisp conjuring, etc. It still arguably had some of the most comfortable dialogue out of the whole series (besides the translator jokes. I can stand a LOT of cheesy humor, but blatantly referencing loony nurses and wearing salad with literally no context preparation was just too heard to bare) and a few serious moments, along with some legitimately funny dialogue, but the series still had more trials to surpass before actually having a decent and memorable story (yes, I keep the sentiment that despite what all of the 3D Sonics have accomplished that every story we've gotten so far is flawed and usually mediocre. I think that only Sonic Adventure had a decent story, but even that's weighed down by Big, Amy, and even Knuckles not having stories that barely contribute at all. Only Sonic, Tails, and Gamma's stories were remotely interesting and substantial). It's clear that their main objective was to get away from the awkward "dark and gloom" era and perception of Sonic, and try to focus on not having much story focus in order for fans to get interested.

And don't even get me started on Generations. I don't even consider that game having a legitimate story. If the story that Colors had could be considered as a drumstick when compared to platformer tales like the Ratchet & Clank Future saga being represented as a cooked lobster, than Generations was just comprised of 100% pure bone. Literally, the whole plot could be summarized as:

Sonic and his friends being sucked up by a random Monster of the Week on his birthday, Sonic meets his younger self and travel through familiar levels, the Sonics and Tails-i save their friends, they find Time Eater (which is being controlled by the Eggmen), save the day by going Super with the Chaos Emeralds they've collected by fighting old bosses, and the present protagonists say goodbye to their past counterparts.

There, I summarized Generations' whole story in a short paragraph. That's pretty damn pathetic, and there were so many lost opportunities when it came to both humor and references. Although again, the writers were likely limited due to this being the anniversary of the franchise and this game being available for HD consoles, meaning that this game was obviously part of the phase of appealing to the fanbase.

But with Lost World beginning a new era of Sonic for a new generation of consoles with a brand new style of gameplay (showing that Sonic Team is getting out of their comfort zone with the Boost trilogy), the writers are obviously being given enough freedom to tell the story in their full interpretation and inspiration. If they were still in the mindset on Colors and Generations, we wouldn't have gotten SIX new characters after fan backlash of "too many friends" for years. So far, Lost World is actually shaping up to decent story for ONCE in a Sonic game. I hope that I'm not setting my bar too high though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am

I Don't wanna be DebbieDowner but its a comic. These things often don't reflect the tone of the game. That said we did hear the "YOUR GOING HOME IN A BOX" line but I'd say these comics will not reflect the story in many ways mainly tone
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am

Actually, most of what I've said sparks from what I've seen in-game. If anything, the comic only provided insight that the Deadly Six were cunts before Eggman came along, which is very likely to be referenced or inferred from Lost World's cutscenes. I mean, I'm not fully expecting something R&C Future quality 100%, but I'm pulling hope for this game actually having some decent story and characterization from what I've seen. Maybe that's expecting too much out of SEGA, but I can't deny that I'm hyped.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:11 pm

You really are expecting way too much from sega. I Don't think they have ever penned a decent story.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm

I know. That's pretty much exactly what I said. However, I do expect more freedom to be allowed with Lost World with the writers. I'm just really hyped for how the Deadly Six and goody two-shoes Eggman will interact with Sonic, personally. I'm willing to give an open chance. It might fall on its face harder than Sonic does every few games, but it's fine.

However, the Deadly Six definitely have the opportunity to reappear, giving SEGA's track record with characters who shouldn't appear as often they should, like Shadow, the Wisps, Silver (he defied the odds though by not coming back purely because of positive fan reaction), Blaze, etc, if the Deadly Six are well received, I can see them returning. I just praying that they stay bad, at the very least.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:59 pm

I fully expect one to join the good guys in the game.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:26 am

Meh. Maybe, but they could just as easily stay together. I can't really see one of them functioning well without the other five compensate, except for maybe Zavok or even Zik (and even then, I doubt that the former would ever turn). Of course, this is all open until we actually play the game.

Anyways, TGS trailer.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Not gonna lie, Zor's already my favorite Zeti. XD Seriously, these voice actors actually impressed me. Not to mention DAT MUSIC. Seriously, I love both themes. The one with the banjo sounds like Fang the Sniper's theme, which I also love.

Additionally, you can also see the opening cutscene of Lost World (and the public ebut of Act 3 of Windy Hill, which looks RADICALLY different from the first act).

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=212880

Additionally, gameplay and music of various levels. Which look epic.

This is also my new desktop background.

Not to mention an interview with SEGA's Brand Manager, Aaron Webber.

Yup. All of this in just two days. I'm fucking psyched.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 pm

whats that new animated series? 

dear lord knuckles what happened to you.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:30 pm

No no no please no no not again. The game series seems to go downhill any time a show is introduced.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Looks like Mr. Needlemouse is back for revenge...

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:18 pm

With Black Friday and a Wii U inching ever closer, my hype for this is slowly rising.

Do you have any idea on how long it is yet, Count? I'm hoping for like 8-10 hours, but I'm kind of expecting 6 because they've only had two years to do this whole engine.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:16 am

I would say around eight to even nine hours, yes. That was around the time that a livestream of the game went for.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:22 am

I cannot explain in words how disappointed I am so far in Lost World. It's...it's fucking 06. This game is Sonic 2006.

I haven't even finished Windy Hill and I've experienced so many deaths that make no fucking sense. The levels have no direction so far, either. They sort of just feel aimlessly thrown together.

I've died literally half a dozen times on Act 4 and literally NONE of them have been reasonable. I've died from climbing UP a wall slightly too high. I've died from going off a curved ramp slightly too fast and apparently going over the edge instead of following physics and coming back down the same way. I've died from Zazz hitting me at the very start of the fight before I could even move. I've died from spawning NEXT to Zazz at the fight's outset. I've died from hitting Zazz with a homing attack. I've died from standing next to Zazz as he got up from being hit to jump to the other side of the area.

I...I remember why I never played Sonic games now.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:29 am

lol... Damn. I mean, I've heard of plenty of problem with Lost World, as much as I've enjoyed it, but not really anything as specific as that. I mean, the game has plenty of cheap deaths, but I've never been through any of that. Especially with a boss like Zazz. As for the last two examples you mentioned, they really depend on the context. If you hit Zazz in the front while he's ramming, you're likely to still get hit. When it comes to the last, that's always likely with certain bosses.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top