Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is your favorite Sonic game in the main series?

8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Post by DP on Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 am

There was a PS2 version of Heroes? I didn't know that lol. I've just heard that it's really, really damn slippery. The control itself is otherwise fine, but the presence of invisible ice on the floor can be a big problem until you get used to it, allegedly.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 12:20 am

Eh... maybe? I don't know, I don't remember much slipperiness lol.

Back to Lost World discussion, shall we?! Laughing Looks like those six guardian's moral alignments will get announced on Wednesday. I kind of wish it was at least Memorial Day on Monday, but whatever. We might see some gameplay pics as well, although I doubt that actual gameplay will be seen until E3 fully.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat May 25, 2013 12:23 am

Yeah. (Going back to Sanic Heroes for a second, it's apparently on the EU PS Store, so I might make a dummy EU account to download it there if I'm bored one day.)
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 am

lol Sanic. And speak of the devil, I was actually listening to Hang Castle from Heroes before our conversation started lol.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 5:08 am

Count that's the wrong heroes song. There can be only one.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 3:00 pm

rocky What? Anyways, what do you think of the "Guardians", lpool?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 3:11 pm

more wisps it looks like to me.or something like em. they will probably be this games gimicks giving sonic and friends new characters. i still believe the 10 playable characters leak about that other game you posted about will be true. Sonic Knuckles Tails Silver Shadow Blaze Amy and 3 others i can' think of with |Metal as dlc.

THIS IS THE ONLY SONIC HEROES SONG THERE IS!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah... despite the fact how that leak mentions how the new game would come out for consoles outside of Nintendo. Still, that could've been the plan before the deal and it is possible. Still, I think it's too early to guess. Still, a game that has a mysterious floating land that Sonic and Tails fly off to that has guardians without Knuckles getting ANY mention is blasphemy to me.

And most-all of the soundtrack in Heroes was awesome lol. Say what you want about the gameplay, but SEGA at least got the music right.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 3:27 pm

They ALWAYS get the music. never fails. even 06.

GAME!

Last edited by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Sonic Schoolhouse...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 3:44 pm

i said game.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 3:46 pm

I don't see the word, "game", in your previous comment. *trollface*
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 3:51 pm

really?

Dont mind that small automated text. tis nothin.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 3:55 pm

I guess you can say that you.... changed your mind.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm

that one didn't make sense in context dood.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 4:18 pm

I know. I just like trolling you specifically with lazy Superior puns trololol.

Anyways, back to the Guardians, does anyone else get the vibe that they don't really fit in as Sonic characters artistic-wise? I mean, I'm always open to new characters (as long as they aren't half-assed rip-offs like Silver), but they look a lot more Skylanders/Nintendo than really Sonic. Although, I also find it original and creative and will probably bring more color/variety to the series (outside of gameplay lol).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 5:22 pm

which is why i brought up wisps. the sillouetts look alot like them. they don't fit.

anyway whats wrong with silv...... ok yeah. but he has more potential than shadow just saying.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I don't know. I mean, I thought the Wisps fit in after seeing species like Chao. But these... they look REALLY abstract. Actually, closely inspecting them, they all seem to look like dragons in some shape or form actually. Maybe they're dragonlords that protect/control each of the six lands visible in the Lost World? (Forest, Ice, Dirt, Desert, Water, Volcano)

And actually, I like Silver and think he has potential. SEGA's just done a piss-poor job with him by basically just wanting to do a telekinetic Trunks rip-off and then after 06, virtually not doing anything with him besides being playable in the Rivals games. When it comes to Shadow, I actually look at him the exact opposite way, with his potential already mainly being used up at this point (although I still hope that he can become as a good as a character as he was in SA2 or at least Heroes someday). I really only typed that so blandly negative because I thought you would've blacklisted me if I said that I actually liked Silver a bit. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 5:36 pm

i see his potential but he isnt used enough thats it.

Blaze is the same but at least shes in some good games (Shes actually my favourite living character behind sonic.......don't bother guessing my favourite i have hidden it well)

some characters just need to lay down and die (BIG THE FREAKIN CAT AND HIS FUCKING FROG) whilst i hope some archie characters would get brought in (Not all like sat ams sally and all that. i mean like their version of Silver and Shard the Metal Sonic. A good metal has a lot of potential especially with how shards story may have ended with a titanic battle against his evil counter part. also more tails doll.)

If sega can get some actual good story in there they might be onto something. also better voice acting. nothing wrong with the voices just the delivery.

also blacklist you for liking silver. dood i don't blacklist but i have been a huge defender of silver since 06.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 5:51 pm

don't bother guessing my favourite i have hidden it well
Ooh, ooh, I KNOW! IT'S CHIP, RIGHT! NO, IT'S GOTTA BE BETA OR EMERL!!!!! awesome

And the only Archie character I honestly want is Scourge. That's it. Although when it comes to characterization, giving such personality like in the comics to people like Silver or Amy would be genius. And mentioning Shard is a good reference as well, but I don't really want another hedgehog if they can't even get most of the organic ones right for the meantime. As for Tails Doll... I don't really mind whether that gets used or not.

And really, it's just the cheesy humor. I didn't mind it in Colors and it made me crack up sometimes, but I think they could do it a bit better (Generations was onto something in that department). Even when it came to Colors' story, it still had plenty of memorable and lovable moments. Just make it a bit more serious and invested like say, Unleashed, and I can play ball. But I can be fine with simplistic stories too (which is probably why I like Mario platforming games lol, although I would definitely love for those to have more story development).

And sorry that I labeled you as that. I didn't mean to. I'm just wary when talking about Sonic characters after being on the SEGA Community forum. I've also been a Silver defender actually. But recently, I want to acknowledge his flaws as well.

Also, what I'd really appreciate most of all if just some concrete story progression from each game to the next. I mean, since Unleashed, they've been doing it decently (such as having Orbot reappear, Generations revealing how Colors connected to the Time Eater's creation, etc.). It'd honestly tick me off if they don't even mention the Eggmen being stuck in white space and thinking about getting teaching degrees for some reason.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 6:04 pm

I FORGOT SCROUGE!

a properly evil sonic would be awesome especially with his follow on story with the whole trying to be his own person thing. although his story requires fiona fox which requires freedom fighters which.....you see where i'm going.

as far as i know the amy we have now was ripped from archie (Such as the aging) but they just kept her clinginess where as archies has evolved beyond that. The reason i want silver is cause his character is very easy to bring over with his motivation changed. and as for shard, well a natural companion to silve........BRAIN STORM!

okay concept for a game. Silver comes back with Shard and Blaze (Referencing the strong relationship he had with them in the games and archie respectively, i mean those two together are hilarious and Blaze is like a sister to him although referencing how they "Never met" before colours would be cool) and they have to kill sonic as he went nad in the future, by eggmans design of course. this sonic killed eggman and took over. this sonic is of course scrouge. then just play off it......just no beastiality or 3 campaigns. hell it would make a good silver game......although giving him a game is risky. just some thoughts.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't why they can't completely recreate Scourge. Just keep the personality but add a new backstory. He'd probably appear in a game called Sonic Dimensions, I guess lol.

Also... that's actually decent story plot. Although, I sort of prefer lighter Sonic games, honestly. I mean, I came up with a similar doomsday/gritty story for Mario like what you came up with, but after a couple of years and replaying/playing new Mario games, I look back and say "That was the stupidest freaking idea I ever conceived". I mean, I'd like something more serious than Colors and Generations, but I'd like a more mellow tone than SA2 or 2006 (although I loved SA2 with all of my heart outside of the cheap gameplay gimmicks). But that's just me. I'm not really too open with pulling a Jak II with most cartoony video game franchises.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 6:33 pm

tghing is......its sonic. you could have Blaze and Silver being all serious then Shard Scrouge and Sonic being slapstick without a care in the world. its not like jak where everybody except Dax and Pecker was doom and gloom. i would not try this with say mario or crash. but SOnic could pull it off.....if sega hired a completely new story team. hell just get archie to do it.

see you could reference the murder and dictatorship rather easily in a kid friendly way. they do it all the time, in kids movies im sure it will happen in the ratchet movie (As dark as the future games were there were 3 on screen deaths (One humorous) and one body shown, thats it. it could be similar. i mean the future games had mass genocide and is still kid friendly.)
and there needs to be a dictator ship for scrooge to happen. he has been a dictator 3 times. and do you think he would keep eggman around? the only reason archie scrooge did is cause he found his one man resistance (Street cleaning robots) humorous. hell you could safely introduce fiona as his love interest this way.

of course its very easy to fuck up and even easier to retecon (POINTS AT 06 WITH FLAILING ARMS) but it could work well. not to mention we get 2 awesome characters and silver and blaze become more regular. bad news is you would have 3 types of super emeralds.......that can't end well. we will never be rid of super final bosses. hell i could see more sonic forms if that happens. (SUPER SONIC 3!)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm

It's not really that. It's mainly the whole cliche "Sonic goes mad in the future, kills arch-nemesis, rules over with an insatiable blood thirst". I'm not saying that putting on something like on-screen deaths is too far (I'd love to see a couple as I think they'd be really beneficial). As for Eggman, just have him go into hiding or pull an Injustice Lex and be Scourge's best friend. I'm just trying to say that it could be done in a fitting and serious way, but a bit less dark. Really, like the Archie comics. You're right, they should develop the freaking story lol. It's not really that I see your story being bad, it's just that I'd prefer an altered interpretation, I guess, because have of what you mentioned from the story blandly involves killing. Saying it was a Jak II was a bit too far, but you get my point though.

All I'm really saying is that we can tinker with that story a bit. I love it when "kiddy" franchises get downright serious and dark. I just don't like people thinking that the only key to that is usually blood and gore.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat May 25, 2013 6:54 pm

who said anything about blood? its a more of a "He was gone" type delio.

but eggman pulling a lex would be cool. funnily enough eggmans been his best when working with the good guys so i see it working especially as Sonics eggman would probably team with Scrouge tenporarily.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top