Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NFL Super Bowl XLVII

Post by Razer_Shpex on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 am

I'm a Packers fan so it's obvious I'm going for the Ravens xD. Also, I've disliked the 49ers for as long as I can remember.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 am

Packers always beat the Niners back in the day even when the Niners were good in the 90's and early 2000's but I don't hate them....maybe then.

My most hated is the Seahawks.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:11 am

My dad is a Raiders fan, although I'm not a Raiders fan I grew around the 49ers hate so I guess it just stayed with me. That and I don't like that the 49ers replaced, Alex Smith just when he found his place in the team.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:21 am

Kaepernick is already better and is gonna be great. It sucks but to me it was the right choice even if it was kinda wrong. Are you from California? How did you become a Packer fan?
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 am

Personally I still think Smith is the the better Quarter Back having gone 14-2 without Randy Moss. Along with the fact they didn't lose the playoffs game last season because of Alex Smith. On top of things, Kaepernick throws more picks than Alex Smith. That's why Kaepernick rarely throws. Also, I am from California and as for becoming a Packers fan. I liked their team traditions that the Packers do with their fans in, Green Bay.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 am

He only threw about 15 fewer passes than Smith, for about 100 more yards. Also, Kaepernick has only thrown three picks to Smith's five. (Given, Smith has a higher QB rating, but I aim that at the fact that he rarely threw risky passes; nearly every throw he had was a relatively safe one so he really couldn't screw up so long as his last name isn't Sanchez.) Smith is a good game manager and decent QB, but Harbaugh made the right choice here from a purely statistical standpoint. The Niners were a run-first (and usually run-only) team with Smith, but with Kaepernick they are much more dynamic and unpredictable, which is the only reason the change makes sense when you look at their comparable stats. Continuing to start Smith only because he didn't screw up may have been more fair to him, but it most likely would've resulted in a more definite Playoff loss.

Now, I feel like Kaepernick will end up a very cocky player down the line for some reason (perhaps his attitude), so I'm wary of that. But as far as stats goes, he is the better choice at QB for the 49ers this year. If Smith could run the pistol offense, it'd probably be a different story

Edit: Those are just his regular season stats, for the record. If you add postseason stats (thus making his games played equal to Smith's this season), he has another 500 yards (obviously he already passed Smith in his few regular season games), 3 TDs (equaling Smith's total of 13), and 1 interception (making four).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 am

Alex Smith had 13 TD's and 5 Interceptions, Colin Kaepernick had 10 TD's and 3 Interceptions. When you do the math, Alex Smith has a better Touch Down ratio. Like on top of that Colin tied with the Rams and he even had Randy Moss to go to. As well as Alex Smith having a better Win-Loss-Tie-Percentage than Kaepernick as well. You do make some pretty good points, but when it comes down to it. Alex Smith is the higher rated QB for a reason. For Alex Smith right now, his best team option is The Vikings, and maybe The Cardinals because. Larry Fitzgerald is a nice target for any good Quarter Back.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Razer_Shpex wrote:Alex Smith had 13 TD's and 5 Interceptions, Colin Kaepernick had 10 TD's and 3 Interceptions. When you do the math, Alex Smith has a better Touch Down ratio. Like on top of that Colin tied with the Rams and he even had Randy Moss to go to. As well as Alex Smith having a better Win-Loss-Tie-Percentage than Kaepernick as well. You do make some pretty good points, but when it comes down to it. Alex Smith is the higher rated QB for a reason. For Alex Smith right now, his best team option is The Vikings, and maybe The Cardinals because. Larry Fitzgerald is a nice target for any good Quarter Back.
You're counting solely regular season stats there, which isn't fair to Kaepernick in at least a few regards. Colin Kaeprnick does have 13 TDs now that he's started 9 games (only one more than Smith started, not counting the Rams game to either for fairness, since neither played the full game). Not to mention the Rams game would've ended in a tie regardless of who was QB, considering they relied mostly on the run game even with Kaepernick as the replacement, and the fact that Randy Moss hasn't been effective all year, under either QB. Even without the Postseason yards, Kaepernick still surpasses Smith by a hundred, not to mention his near-500 regular season rushing yards. You're right though, Smith is the higher rated QB for a reason: Because he was never required to take risks. His TDs were almost entirely in short yardage situations, because the run game carried them there. Kaepernick is required to throw no matter where they are on the field and he still maintains a rating very close to Smith's. Considering Smith also wanted a new contract come season's end, going with Kaepernick was also a good choice in that regard, because he won't need to get high amounts of cash for another year or two.

Smith's a pretty good QB, but I'd wager that you could put Jamarcus Russel in that spot and he'd put up similar numbers. I'd like to see him in Arizona (which won't happen unless they grant his release), because he'd be challenged to perform with a terrible O-line and in a team where he'd be the leader of the offense (without a good run game), and because it gives Fitzgerald a chance to actually catch.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm

In terms of what team he should go too. My money is on the Viking, putting Smith and Peterson on the same line would put up great numbers for both players. If they grant is release, Alex Smith needs to look into The Viking because they hold great potential for him. They have a solid running game but not so much solid, consistent passers. Webb sucks and Ponder is inconsistent at best. It would also be in The Vikings best interest to fire Webb to free up a spot if they do get, Alex Smith. Also, speaking of The Vikings. As much as I would like to talk about Green Bay. I sadly can't because this thread isn't about them. It's about, Baltimore vs San Francisco
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Is there anything DP doesn't have knowledge on? lol

I always thought Smith to the Vikings made sense...depends on if the Vikings are ready to give up on Ponder. You can always create an NFL discussion topic.

Kaep's season highlights, good video. I also believe Kaep has the best deep ball percentage out of any QB this season.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Maybe I should start being called Rain Man! lol xD

I think Flacco is the one with the highest 20+ yard percentage this year, actually, Jecht. At least that's what I remember from the segment they did on Flacco's deep ball. Kaepernick could have a very close number, though, I could believe that no problem.

As far as Smith goes, I think they'd be sticking with Ponder another year. He's not too bad, but he needs more grooming before he'll be really all that good. Which is fine, considering they're not paying him much and AP's a monster; drafting another good WR/picking one up would probably be the better choice to Smith, since Percy Harvin's usually double-covered (leaving Ponder to throw to some pretty bad receivers). Smith would just cost them a lot of money on a risk they don't necessarily need to be a winning team (Peterson showed that this year), which is why I said the Cards. But if he's traded, it's not going to be in the conference, which leaves the Jets (I hope not, as a Jets fan, because Smith deserves better than a terrible offensive unit, and they have cap issues already) and perhaps the Jaguars. I could be forgetting one other team though.

Back on-topic: Who do you guys think will have more rushing yards on Sunday? I'd say Rice as a person and the Niners as a team, but only if Lewis doesn't get a hit in on Kaepernick out of the pocket early on. If that happens, I doubt Jim will take the risk again.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm

If Baltimore can make Patriots offense looks like a 500 ball club. Baltimore will have almost no trouble doing it to the 49ers. Which, they never usally do struggle against the 49ers. The Ravens posses a winning record over the 49ers in the past two seasons for a reason. Jim has also expressed this in an interview by saying that his teams struggles to beat The Ravens. Like most of the Ravens vs 49ers games, I can already picture the 49ers struggling the entire game while Ravens Defense do what they do best. Although, what the 49ers have to do is spread out Baltimore's Defense in order to win. Which is easier said than done because. Getting Baltimore Defense to move around is extremely hard. Which will eliminate the 49ers run and gun offense very early in the game.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

They've played once in the last two seasons so yeah I guess they do have a winning record lol.

I think Ray Rice will have more individual yards, I think last years run defense was one of the best ever...they are still good this year though.

This Ravens have a solid defense but nowhere near the 2000 Ravens defense.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

With that being said, this isn't 2000 Ravens. But, Baltimore definitely have defense over SF. Being one of the best containment defenses in the post-season. The Ravens faced and beaten challenges harder than SF in New Orleans. As long as Ravens continue to lock up short to mid field like and hold the run they've been doing. It removes any ability for the 49ers to set up on the field. Then on Ravens offense you have Joe Flacco and his go-to guy which seems to be Pitta. As well as the potential of three runners on their line. Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce and their FB, Vonta Leach. The Ravens at this point in the 2012-2013 season couldn't look any better in the Super Bowl right now.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 pm

I wouldn't give the Ravens a lock by any means, though. With how dynamic the 49ers offense is, it's still very possible they can score some points with little trouble. All of the teams the Ravens have faced this playoff run have been predominantly pocket passing offenses: the Colts have a pretty bad run game, the Broncos' one was decent, and the Patriots only really use theirs in the first quarter or with a lead most of the time; and all three QBs are pretty much your usual pocket passer (Luck is somewhat mobile, but no more than Brady). The '9ers are a ground-pound offense first, with a very mobile QB on top of that. We haven't really seen how the Ravens D has stacked up against this type of team, so we can't assume based on data inconsistent with how the 49ers play.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:44 pm

That's where Ravens defense comes in, they're better at stopping the ground and pound offense than the passing offense. Although, when you got players like Ed Reed watching the deep pass. It really takes a lot of stress off of their play makers up there on the line. This gonna be a bit of trash talk, but I excpect Ray Lewis to do what he does best to rushers. And, that's slam them as hard as he can if he can. I imagine after Kaepernick takes a heavy hit from Ray Lewis. He'll have to take some time sitting on the bench since he doesn't take hard hits often. But, that has a lot to do with his road to the Super Bowl being easier facing two teams with inconsistent defense at best. I don't like talking bad about my Packers, but their defense is easy to beat. Not only that, but if Green Bay can pick apart Karpernick's air game with that pick six they got. The Ravens all around great defense will be able to pick apart Kaepernick both on the ground and in the air.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 pm

I think your taking the Niners too lightly. Go re-watch the GB game, Kaep killed them on the run and pass. Atlanta stopped the run and he made plays in the pocket lol
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm

That's what I'm saying though. They haven't faced defense like Baltimore.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:53 pm

And Baltimore hasn't faced an Offense like the 49ers.

The GB pick six was pretty much entirely on Kaepernick, and he had one of the better performances of the postseason after that.

The game is much closer on paper than you're making it out to be. Ray Lewis can only do so much against one of the best O-Lines in the league.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 pm

You're right, they've faced two different offenses better than the 49ers.

If Kaepernick is leaving the pocket, then Ray Lewis doesn't have to do much except be there. Then after the rush is killed Kaepernick will be forced to the air. Since Baltimore is good at closing up short to mid. His only options are down the field in what will mostly be Ed Reed territory.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Different AND better is a whole other story compared to JUST better. The Patriots and Broncos rely mostly on their pass game, something the Niners don't do (although they've utilized it more since Kaepernick came forth). Just because they succeed against better offenses pretty much solely because their defense is specifically designed to beat those kind of pseudo-West Coast offenses doesn't mean they're guaranteed success against a worse offense that is completely different from the aforementioned.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

You're missing the point though. That point is it's hard to rush against Ravens defense.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes, but the Ravens haven't faced a very good run offense all year successfully. They faced the Texans, who blew them out, and the Redskins, who they barely beat. So to say it's tough to run against them when we only have circumstantial evidence to prove that is a bit unfair to me. That's why I'm not going to insinuate that the Niners D is going to be tough for Ray Rice to beat, because the former hasn't played many good RBs or those that were hot this season that I can recall. The only one they played was really the Vikings, who won only because of Ponder (AP had 80something yards and 0 TDs). So we're really going in fairly blind on both. That's what I've been trying to get at. You're completely right about how the Ravens are tough to run on, but whether that's applicable to this game is unknown this season.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top