Kappa Mikey Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kappa Mikey Movie

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:47 am

Now I know this is a mock project but I saw this a while back and figured it was interesting. Someone used to work in the original production for the show and drew what he thought a Kappa Mikey movie could look like. This could be an excellent opportunity to actually get this on the road!

I remember watching this show way back and I always thought it was dumb that it was canceled so early due to Nick refusing to renew for another season. It had potential and was pretty well written despite the obvious budget cuts in the animation.

His deviantart gallery further explains the mock screenshots in a better light: http://andrewk.deviantart.com/gallery/10383751

I like the direction on where the art is headed. It looks like it could be done with improved animation with the right funding.

What do you think?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kappa Mikey Movie

Post by DP on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 am

Oh god, I loved that show. I really want to see something like this happen, now. However, Nick seems too set on such gems as "Fred," "Fred 2," and "Fred 3" that I don't think it'll happen.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:48 pm

What is with Nick's obsession with Fred? He's not that funny :I anyway, I never saw the original Kappa Mikey. It was on for like one season then disappeared with a blink of an eye. Is it good?
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:58 pm

For Kappa Mikey, the episodes are well written and it can be pretty funny. Lots of cameos from cartoon/anime characters in episodes. I think there's only one season unfortunately. The genre being action/comedy/parody.

The art direction's pretty cool (american characters are drawn western style while japanese characters are drawn in anime.) Plenty of subtle references to other shows if you know where to look.

Last edited by Fabsta1994 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:18 pm

I remember this show. It wasn't the best, but I remember that I liked it.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm

DP wrote:Oh god, I loved that show. I really want to see something like this happen, now. However, Nick seems too set on such gems as "Fred," "Fred 2," and "Fred 3" that I don't think it'll happen.
just like CNs obsession with *shudders*
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm

^THATS STILL ON AIR!

Young Justice is more or less canned Green Lanturn too!

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 am

...wait, Cartoon Network has shows based on THE ANNOYING ORANGE? lpool's gif x1000 pls. -_-
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:18 am

And Nick has a show based on Fred. Yes, the world is slowly collapsing into an imminent implosion of stupidity fueled by the constant greed and ignorance of these once aspiring televised corporations know as Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, now only to be referred to as "CN" and "Nick".

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 am

More like "Sin" (CN) and "Dick" AMIRITE!? ...ok enough with the comedy routine. Amazing Orange, you have got to be kidding me. Of all things. Uuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 am

And do you want to know something? Sin decided to renew the show for a new season recently, but not Young Justice or Green Lantern, which are the only reasons I watch shows from that network anymore besides Regular Show once in a while. That really, REALLY, confounds the mind.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 am

These days, well constructed story lines aren't appealing apparently. Why watch True Blood or Game of Thrones when Honey Boo Boo and Buckwild are soooooooo much better!? (sarcasm). We need a good Cartoon channel again. Something like Boomerang with all original material. A place where Young Justice and Avatar could thrive. ... Classic Cartoon Network. The Classic Coke of Cartoon channels. Lol.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 am

Hey, I think were being too harsh now. I mean, look at the Ultimate Spider-Man. Spectacular Spider-Man has excellent character development, innovative stories, lovable characters, Peter Parker being both admirable and relatable, epic villains, as well as amazing action. Not to mention that it actually stayed true to the source material, the comics. However, Disney made the absolute brilliant decision to throw away everything except the last fundamental with better animation and put in nonsensical fourth-wall breaking in every episode, shove in Spider-Man into crossovers with other heroes all of the dang time, try to give him James Bond gadgets to appeal to the stereotypical five-year old, horrible voice acting from Drake Bell (although it's mainly due to the lines being way too chess for somebody who even plays Kingdom Hearts), and essentially get rid of why people even like the web-slinger. Because of his struggles, development, and plainly how human he is. I mean, look at this one clip from the show and you could see that it was TOTALLY worth it.

And I can't believe that I even tried to defend this show before it premiered and early in it's run until the third or forth episode hoping that it could improve. sad
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:25 am

So uh... back on topic?
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:27 am

Sorry lol... Failed to realize that there was another thread suitable for this discussion. That I was already commenting on... XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top