The Cool/Lame Anime Character Game!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cool/Lame Anime Character Game!

Post by Razer_Shpex on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 pm

This is how posts will be done, I will start.

Cool: Kakashi
Lame: Naruto
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cool/Lame Anime Character Game!

Post by Kiwi on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:19 am

I... don't see how this is a game?
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Just go with it. Doesn't really matter. Though, I don't exactly know very many animes...

Cool: Shiro (Deadman Wonderland)
Lame: Naruto (Naruto)
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Let's just try to diverge from Naruto considering how he's a bit too easy to point a finger at lol.

Cool: Kamina
Lame: Sasuke (Hey, I only said to exclude Naruto, not the series. TROLOLOLOLOL)
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Cool: Everyone in DBZ That isn't Yamcha, Everyone in Avatar (ITS AN ANIME COUNT I KNOW LIKE NONE LET ME HAVE THIS!)

Lame: YAMCHA! Naruto, Naruto Ash Ketchum, Naruto
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 pm

@Ipool
...DENIED! *Throws Avatar as anime claim out a nearby window* lol It's okay. if you consider it anime, then that's fine.

However, let me give you something that will be a bit of a head scratcher. Which Yamcha do you think is more lame? The anime or live-action version? Feel free to take your time. Wink

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 am

just Yamcha in general. The concept everything about him. Every Character had their quirks that made the likeable and ones that don't, like Gokus Never give up attitude and Joker nature but his Neglect of his mainly mainly Chi-Chi. Or Krillins General Cocky nature being a let down but he knows his own limits and loves to pick on people mainly Gohan as it goes on i noticed in a friendly way and is the but of so many jokes.

Yamcha though is just Yamcha. He's useless in the Pilaf Saga! Where the villain was an imp with a dog and a nazi looking woman for henchmen! and ge was overshadowed by everyone! He got Bulma because they were desperate for a relationship. honestly he shouldn't have gotten anything out of that saga bar a power poll up the ass. then theres the Jackie Chun tournament. Obviously Goku beats him due to being a saiyan and Roshi/Jackie for being a master but the fact Krillin a normal human at the time was a better fighter says it all. he's pathetic and cocky and has no drive. he was overtaken by every Z Fighter even Tien and he quits! why couldn't he have stayed dead after Majin Buu killed hims. Or nappa get rid of him sooner. then again a grieving bulma may not have had trunks who has an awesome relationship with Goten and is epic in his own right. so he shoulda stayed dead at the end, (Anything after he's always late didn't happen in my book) as for live action..........its live action dragonball. EVERYTHING is terrible. Like the DBZ games. good in concept not execution. if they make a good dbz fighter it could be more hype than marvel! thats off topic though. i could go on for an essay about just why Yamcha is terrible without comparing him to any other Z fighter/ Z supporter. Videl was more developed than him and she only had the Buu ark and was dead for the second half. he's just so awful in every way possible. honestly in another show with weaker characters he could shine. but every character bar none is strong in DBZ. he doesn't belong.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 am

I could actually agree with all of that. However, you still haven't answered my question? Which version is more lame? Do they both suck equally, or is there a slight difference? hurr
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 am

equally suck on dan level. as in street fighter dan. actually dan is comic relif with redeeming qualities he's not as bad. both are yammcha level of suck. thats just horrible.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:00 am

Interesting...
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:55 am

dying is the only thing i didn't like in DBZ's plot. its so pointless. people only stay dead if they ask too! Goku came back anyway 7 years later after wanting to stay dead!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 pm

time to see if you guys know about stuff
Cool:Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Lame:Tristan
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:59 pm

cool: Gutts
****: Griffith (hate that fucker)
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 pm

papertoonz wrote:time to see if you guys know about stuff
Cool:Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Lame:Tristan

Bobobo is the coolest omg.

But seriously how is this a game.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Depends on definition of cool :L

Pretty much every character from Bacanno is cool.

Only lame ones I'd say are incredibly cheesy ones like Naruto or ones aimed for kids (as much as I love Pokemon I admit Ash was very cheesy, doesn't make it bad though)
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:15 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Cool: Everyone in DBZ That isn't Yamcha, Everyone in Avatar (ITS AN ANIME COUNT I KNOW LIKE NONE LET ME HAVE THIS!)

Lame: YAMCHA! Naruto, Naruto Ash Ketchum, Naruto

Yamcha was pretty cool in the DB storyline before DBZ made loads of characters not important anymore :L He was a bandit with an irrational fear of women with some self taught signature moves and a very smart fighter and at least kinda funny, he was lazy however and slacked off on his training while Tien and Kurririn kept at it usually with a master. Until DBZ made him just kinda...there...not doing anything :L
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:42 pm

i hated him in regular db too. he was just meh. his role as a protector was filled by Goku and the addition of Krillain took away his role as rival. he was awful.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:04 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:i hated him in regular db too. he was just meh. his role as a protector was filled by Goku and the addition of Krillain took away his role as rival. he was awful.

I liked him, at the time I first read I shared his fear and shyness towards women and could see he was a nice caring guy just nervous at times which made me like him in DB. Plus having self taught moves was something not many other characters had at the time, usually everyone had moves they copied or learned from someone else. He's by no means a favourite of mine but I did like him back then. DBZ kinda made all the older charactrrs no longer important anymore though like Yamcha, Roshi, Oolong etc

Also (I know this isn't much to do with Yamcha himself) but in the DBZ RPG Attack Of The Saiyans on the DS Yamcha was actually one of the best party members in the game and it was pretty cool seeing him solo high level bosses with the right training. I highly recomend DBZ Attack of the Saiyans, it's a really fun RPG that stays true to the DB and DBZ storylines with great animations, music and original Japanese voice cast.
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm

hmm i'll try it. but seriously Roshi had his job done. and still managed to be relevent if only because Krillin lived with him. i never liked Oolong either he seemed like a dick. but he had his moments like Saving the world from Pilaf. Yamcha just seemed constantly pathetic. his self taught moves are fine but they seemed completely useless. Goku had him on the ropes without trying. his epic moments in that series seemed to always involve his partner more than him like Stopping Gokus great ape. as i said by the time DBZ came around he had potential but was irrelevant anyway. the only thing that got him written into the training was his relationship with Bulma who seemed irreplaceable given she's been there since the start and is one of only two characters with decent intellect outside combat the other being Gohan. and once Vegeta came in he was sunk. he died to the Saibamen! THE SAIBAMEN! not even Nappa the Saibamen!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Cool: kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)
Lame: I can't think of one right now xD
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:hmm i'll try it. but seriously Roshi had his job done. and still managed to be relevent if only because Krillin lived with him. i never liked Oolong either he seemed like a dick. but he had his moments like Saving the world from Pilaf. Yamcha just seemed constantly pathetic. his self taught moves are fine but they seemed completely useless. Goku had him on the ropes without trying. his epic moments in that series seemed to always involve his partner more than him like Stopping Gokus great ape. as i said by the time DBZ came around he had potential but was irrelevant anyway. the only thing that got him written into the training was his relationship with Bulma who seemed irreplaceable given she's been there since the start and is one of only two characters with decent intellect outside combat the other being Gohan. and once Vegeta came in he was sunk. he died to the Saibamen! THE SAIBAMEN! not even Nappa the Saibamen!

I never liked Oolong either :L

Saibamen were as strong as Raditz and it took Goku, Picollo (and Gohan kinda) to defeat him. It's not too unsurprising Yamcha may not reach Raditz level in a year and it was pretty suck he died after one little bugger attacked him yet the rest held their own despite them getting the same training for that year (maybe Kami was playing favourites to Krillen :L)

Also Bulma dumping Yamcha still never made sense to me "You got murdered so Imma date your killer since he's clearly tougher than you lol"
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 pm

I hate anime, but if I had to attend, I'd say the following:

Cool: Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun)
Bad: Naruto/Bleach guy, any of that crap
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 pm

it was more Yamcha being Yamcha then Vegeta. according to future Trunks it was a Passion thing. after that the timeline alterations made it stick. That was my point however EVERYONE else held their own and piccalo was to busy training Gohan to get much stronger. the only credit i give him is It took a self destruct. which is funny cause in most DBZ fighting games with Saibamen They kill Yamcha in one hit with that move.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 am

Thirty3Three wrote:I hate anime, but if I had to attend, I'd say the following:

Cool: Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun)
Bad: Naruto/Bleach guy, any of that crap

I... think "that crap" is sort of a vague thing? Like, using it in the context of Naruto and Ichigo (aka Bleach guy), that more or less means all shonen heroes... like Wolfwood.

CHECKMATE BROSEPH WHAT NOW?
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:07 am

cool: ToshirĊ Hitsugaya
lam: orihime
dragonfire111